Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bored of education
    Looks like the raiders are going to draft Joe Thomas then... :roll:

Didn't they say they will rebuild the line through FA this year?

Comment

The Oakland Raiders, armed with a new coach and a new way of thinking, are moving quickly to determine what direction they will take with their picks in the NFL Draft. The process began on Wednesday in Indianapolis when the team met with a prospect over dinner.

SilverandBlack.com and Scout.com has confirmed that Wisconsin offensive tackle Joe Thomas sat down for a formal meeting with the Oakland Raiders. The 6-foot-6, 311-pound behemoth is widely considered the top left tackle prospect on the NFL Draft board and will be a consideration for the Raiders – even with the first overall pick in the NFL Draft.

Ideally, Oakland would prefer to trade down two or three spots and pick up Thomas, netting the extra picks to help a team that has a number of areas that need improvement.

Thomas tore a ligament in his knee last year while playing defensive end – that’s right, defensive end. He came back and had another strong season for the Badgers in 2006.

The Raiders could use a man of his talents along the line, moving Robert Gallery back to right tackle. Thomas is considered a strong run blocker and a developing pass protector that could be a cornerstone for a franchise.

He is a player that will be in high demand at the top of the NFL Draft board, already meeting with Detroit and Cleveland.

An exclusive to follow...
      I dont know if you guys were joking or if you had seen this.
      "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

With Porter staying, if they can land a QB, I think Thomas could become a strong candidate for the pick. The WR need wouldn't be as glaring, and RB with the first overall is still generally considered to be a reach as of now. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Comment

i wouldnt be too mad if we drafted Thomas but idk about getting him at number one and i doubt the lions pass up on him at two.
          Peyton Manning Fanboy
          Originally posted by Complex
          They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation
            a part of the cancer is gone :D . now trade for schaub or carr and take cj or ad and get rid of moss
            why take Carr when you already knows he sturuggles with bad o-lines? Schaub is a better choice and IMO they should still give Lamont Jordan 1 more chance but Randy has gotta be cut or traded. If the Raiders do sign Schaub and keep Lamont the smartest pick would be CJ or Joe Thomas.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddenPlayer52
              Originally posted by RaiderNation
              a part of the cancer is gone :D . now trade for schaub or carr and take cj or ad and get rid of moss
              why take Carr when you already knows he sturuggles with bad o-lines? Schaub is a better choice and IMO they should still give Lamont Jordan 1 more chance but Randy has gotta be cut or traded. If the Raiders do sign Schaub and keep Lamont the smartest pick would be CJ or Joe Thomas.
              Lamont is crap.hes not at all worth keeping.his true position is backup for life.
              "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

The fact that this thread refers to Brooks as a QB makes me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information