X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johbur
    Originally posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
    Ha you said Taylor could be good.
    Ben Taylor? In a full 16 games last year he posted 113 tackles. I'm not sure exactly what you want from your LBs, but I'll take 100 tackles anyday, especially since he'll be the strong side OLB.
    Have you seen any film on him? Ben Taylor sucks. He gets pushed back so much and is terrible in coverage. There's a reason why the Browns wanted to replace him, he's not very good.

I would say the Packers two biggest needs are a new franchise running back and an impact defensive tackle. Ahman Green is done as done can be, and while Gado is decent, he's upgradeable. I keep hearing that the Packers have a nice "rotation" of defensive tackles but none of them are in the slightest way scary. The Bears rotate a lot too but they still have impact players like Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, and soon to be Dusty Dvorachek.

Other than that, I think the Pack had a decent foundation for the future if Rodgers is the answer at QB. One thing to note is that some of their impact players beyond just Favre and Green are getting older. Donald Driver is 31, Al Harris is 31, and Charles Woodson, while 29, is always hurt. They'll need other people to step up and take the load off them at some point.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
      Ben Taylor? In a full 16 games last year he posted 113 tackles. I'm not sure exactly what you want from your LBs, but I'll take 100 tackles anyday, especially since he'll be the strong side OLB.
      Have you seen any film on him? Ben Taylor is not good. He gets pushed back so much and is terrible in coverage. There's a reason why the Browns wanted to replace him, he's not very good.

I would say the Packers two biggest needs are a new franchise running back and an impact defensive tackle. Ahman Green is done as done can be, and while Gado is decent, he's upgradeable. I keep hearing that the Packers have a nice "rotation" of defensive tackles but none of them are in the slightest way scary. The Bears rotate a lot too but they still have impact players like Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, and soon to be Dusty Dvorachek.

Other than that, I think the Pack had a decent foundation for the future if Rodgers is the answer at QB. One thing to note is that some of their impact players beyond just Favre and Green are getting older. Donald Driver is 31, Al Harris is 31, and Charles Woodson, while 29, is always hurt. They'll need other people to step up and take the load off them at some point.
      bearsfan,

You know I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, but don't say Ahman Green is done. He could easily come back this year and have a huge season. People seem to forget how good he was before the Packers were decimated by injury.

The Packers do have a need for an impact player at DT or even DE (if KGB can't create sacks this year, they're in trouble) but Ryan Pickett could be the answer. Beyond him though, there's little proven talent. They definitely need a playmaker on the defensive line to take the next step though.

I agree with the fact that most of the Packers' impact players are aging. They do have quite a few promising players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Granted, the Packers will need some new offensive weapons to emerge if they're going to make any noise in the years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
        Have you seen any film on him? Ben Taylor is not good. He gets pushed back so much and is terrible in coverage. There's a reason why the Browns wanted to replace him, he's not very good.

bearsfan,

You know I have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, but don't say Ahman Green is done. He could easily come back this year and have a huge season. People seem to forget how good he was before the Packers were decimated by injury.

The Packers do have a need for an impact player at DT or even DE (if KGB can't create sacks this year, they're in trouble) but Ryan Pickett could be the answer. Beyond him though, there's little proven talent. They definitely need a playmaker on the defensive line to take the next step though.

I agree with the fact that most of the Packers' impact players are aging. They do have quite a few promising players, especially on the defensive side of the ball. Granted, the Packers will need some new offensive weapons to emerge if they're going to make any noise in the years to come.
        Well, I appreciate that, but he's turning 30 I believe (which is about 50 for a runningback), he was already starting to decline, has picked up a lot of carries over the years, and really has always been a bit overated because he played behind such an amazing offensive line when Wahle and Rivera were still around. Even then he seemed to fumble the ball at least once a game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

bearsfan,

Well, I appreciate that, but he's turning 30 I believe (which is about 50 for a runningback), he was already starting to decline, has picked up a lot of carries over the years, and really has always been a bit overated because he played behind such an amazing offensive line when Wahle and Rivera were still around. Even then he seemed to fumble the ball at least once a game.
          He definitely had fumble problems but he was one of the best backs in the lleague. He has great size, speed, and cutting ability. He's almost impossible to stop on 3rd & situations. I think Ahman is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Comment

bearsfan,

He definitely had fumble problems but he was one of the best backs in the lleague. He has great size, speed, and cutting ability. He's almost impossible to stop on 3rd & situations. I think Ahman is going to surprise a lot of people this year.
            I remember one year when the Packers were playing the Bears and the Bears front 7 did a good job of pluggin all of the holes. Green had to bounce it outside, and there was one gap to run through. Everyone was blocked except for one guy (Azumah, I believe) who happened to be in that last gap. I thought Green was going to get stopped, but he did this little shake thing or whatever, and the guy just completely biffed it and just fell over. Then I believe Green went for like a 60 yard TD

Comment

Dude I could get 113 tackles with only 2 good players in the front 7 next to me while making them 5-10 yards up field. post that in the browns thread and watch everyone laugh you to hell.

Comment

Dude I could get 113 tackles with only 2 good players in the front 7 next to me while making them 5-10 yards up field. post that in the browns thread and watch everyone laugh you to hell.
                False.

Comment

False.
                  How do you know? I never said over how long of a time frame or at what level.

Comment

Johbur...do you by chance live in Hudson and play baseball?

Comment

awesome job johbur. i'd like to note that the packers have will blackmon, ahmad carroll, and mike hawkins behind woodson and harris, all of which are very promising CB's and great athletes. yeah i know sounds homer and you can say this about every team, well not really, these guys are actually great athletes, better athletes than harris and woodson, and they're all young. good developmental prospects and they're really going to learn behind woodson and harris. i don't think DB is as big a problem as most people think because of that. i voted d-line, a d tackle besides pickett to step up would be key in assuring that this defense will be top 5. KGB has put on something like 10+ pounds of muscle in the new offseason training program, (many other players have also added muscle weight) we need a consistent pass rush from him and the extra muscle should help him in the run game.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6
                        Johbur...do you by chance live in Hudson and play baseball?
                        Nope. Arizona, coach volleyball.
                        The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

I hope are special teams can be at least decent this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Packerbacker1
                            I hope are special teams can be at least decent this year.
                            Doubtful, at least in the kicking department. Punting is a big question mark as well. Coverage teams should be improved.

Comment

Yea i think the same goes for our return game.

Comment

I can't believe that people aren't more concerned with our offensive line situation. Sure, Colledge could be a player, and maybe Spitz can start, but we have three runningbacks coming off of injury and Favre isn't getting any younger. We have a very questionable offensive line, in my opinion.

The offensive line was the biggest reason Green struggled early last season and it was one of the main reasons Favre stuggled so much throughout the year. While kicker and wide receiver may be areas of concern, offensive line is by far the Packers' biggest area of concern going into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information