Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maroneys time to shine now

Comment

Corey Dillon's agent disputes his client's claims that the running back will retire. The agent said Dillon will seek a new team if it's the right opportunity.
      Dillon told the Boston Globe Thursday night that he was planning to retire. Either his agent is trying to convince him otherwise or Dillon just wants a starting job elsewhere. "He figures he has a year or two left where he can be a premier performer," agent Steve Feldman said. He said "all options are open," and retirement is one of those. Either way, look for the Patriots to release Dillon soon.
      Source: Rotoworld.com

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

This is good for the Pats because Mauroney is better and now it's his time to shine.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He had a solid career but it's better to go away before you become dead weight

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think the Patriots will still go after a RB on Day 1. Maroney has never been a featured back throughout his football career.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dillon is not retiring, he wants to be released so he can sign with another team. He doesn't want to play for the Pats anymore. He wants to be released March 1st, but if the Pats wait until the June cuts, Dillon's cap number will go from about 4 mil to 2 mil.

Comment

Originally posted by rugger
                Dillon is not retiring, he wants to be released so he can sign with another team. He doesn't want to play for the Pats anymore. He wants to be released March 1st, but if the Pats wait until the June cuts, Dillon's cap number will go from about 4 mil to 2 mil.
                If that is true the only team he would start on would be Detroit, because all of their backups suck and KJ cant play with that foot.

On second thought maybe a return to Ohio isn't out of the question.....as a Brown

Comment

On Pats web site
                  http://www.patriots.com/news/index.c...=24230&pcid=41

According to Corey Dillon's agent, Steve Feldman, the Patriots have agreed to release his client on March 2.

Corey Dillon’s agent, Steve Feldman, appeared on WSKO Providence’s late afternoon show and said the Patriots have agreed to release the veteran running back on March 2.

This comes after The Boston Globe reported Friday morning that Dillon asked the Patriots for his release so he can announce his retirement. Meanwhile, The Boston Herald quoted Feldman as saying Dillon has indeed asked to be released but it’s not definite whether or not he will retire. Either way, it looks like Dillon’s career with the Patriots could come to an end next week.

Thanks to BoneKrusher

Comment

the browns should pick him up so they can grab branch with their pick
                    SCA Prowler is my Xbox Live Gamertag
                    Fire Caldwell!!!

Prowler's Newb Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10
                      I'm glad I have Maroney in a keeper Fantasy League now.
                      I almost got him in a keeper league. :evil:

Anyway, I usually love to see Patriots go down, but Dillon was one of the only players I respected on the team. Goodbye and enjoy your life, Dillon.

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan3
                        Originally posted by Jughead10
                        I'm glad I have Maroney in a keeper Fantasy League now.
                        I almost got him in a keeper league. :evil:

Anyway, I usually love to see Patriots go down, but Dillon was one of the only players I respected on the team. Goodbye and enjoy your life, Dillon.

The one with the worst attitude is the only one you respected?

Comment

i dont think he is gonna retire because he ask to be let go and i hear they approved it

i say look at him going to steelers maybe

Comment

I thought he was an Ass in Cinti that thought only of himself. His comments about Willie Anderson and Co were totally classless. He's a punk that was a selfish player. He wasn't as good as Rudi when he left and we got Madeiu Williams for him so I was happy he left. I don't think he wants to retire, just a selfish move to get out of NE so he can find a job elsewhere as a starter

Comment

im suprised so many on this board love Maroney :)

who do you guys compare him to? Hes got it all

Comment

I thought he got a bad wrap for wanting out of Cincy years ago, but this kinda changes my mind, I thought he wanted to win games, he might end up on a bad team as "the feature back". I don't get this guy's thinking.
                                I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information