Thomas Jones Wants Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boston
    Can't blame him. I'd want out of Chicago too.
    You'd want out of Chicago too huh? Well they dont want you either, dont trip. But lets say your worth the time of day, by some extreme stretch of the imagination. Youd want off a team that is going to be contending for the NFC title for years to come. As a RB, you'd want to get off a team that is creating TO's for your offense, 3 our 4 times a game. You want off a team that has helped you gain 1000 yards. Smart.

Comment

id defintetly enjoy him in baltimore. he runs hard and give a great effort

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Re: Thomas Jones Wants Out

Originally posted by jneilly88
        According To The Chicago Tribune Thomas Jones Demanded A Trade.
        More Carries 4 Cedric Benson. :shock:

Link: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Discuss.

the ravens Trade Jamal Lewis and 3rd Round Pick

Comment

Originally posted by THIZZorDIE
          Originally posted by Boston
          Can't blame him. I'd want out of Chicago too.
          You'd want out of Chicago too huh? Well they dont want you either, dont trip. But lets say your worth the time of day, by some extreme stretch of the imagination. Youd want off a team that is going to be contending for the NFC title for years to come. As a RB, you'd want to get off a team that is creating TO's for your offense, 3 our 4 times a game. You want off a team that has helped you gain 1000 yards. Smart.

Yeah, you pretty much covered it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

It would be nice to keep Jones to spell Benson, but Cedric has to be the starter. I wish Lovie would have started him at the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
              Originally posted by TitleTown088
              Originally posted by yourfavestoner
              Originally posted by Number 10
              Who wouldn't? That franchise is on the verge of a major downfall.
              Huh?
              Rivera, Lovie, and Thomas gone= down down down into a burning ring of fire. 8)
              You wish.

Rivera leaving likely has little impact. Lovie and Babich have had just as much input with the defense as he did and anyone that knows anything about the Bears knows that. They fired Ron, he didn't choose to leave.
              Well, I think it was probably a case of "Ron, we can't afford to keep you"
              "sweat you ***** I'm outta here"
              Then someone from chicago spun it to the media.

I agree though, Mike Nolan Leaving Baltimore wasn't the end of their defense, Rivera's leaving won't be the end of chicago's.

Comment

Re: Thomas Jones Wants Out

Originally posted by The Legend
                Originally posted by jneilly88
                According To The Chicago Tribune Thomas Jones Demanded A Trade.
                More Carries 4 Cedric Benson. :shock:

Link: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines

Discuss.

the ravens Trade Jamal Lewis and 3rd Round Pick
                jamal and a third? :? thats quite a lot. i would think a third would be more than fare. or i would trade jamal and a fourth or fifth.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

This is stupid on so many levels...

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite
                    Huh?
                    You wish.

Rivera leaving likely has little impact. Lovie and Babich have had just as much input with the defense as he did and anyone that knows anything about the Bears knows that. They fired Ron, he didn't choose to leave.
                    "sweat you *********** I'm outta here"

I agree though, Mike Nolan Leaving Baltimore wasn't the end of their defense, Rivera's leaving won't be the end of chicago's.
                    Lovie is 100% in charge of who he does and doesn't want on his staff. It was completely his decision.

Lovie not getting an extension so far, however, can be attributed to ownership's frugality.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Jones

The Bears would be wise to move Jones and try to acquire a third down type back with good speed and receiving skills in the draft or in free agency.

Benson is the superior runner which became increasingly evident as the season went on. There are not many running backs who wouldn't be successful in Chicago though, that offensive line is built to run block and Desmond Clark is one of the better TEs in the NFL in that regard as well.

Jones I think is the epitome of an average starting NFL running back who will be in the 3's with his ypc on most teams in this league. For everything he does well he doesn't have the speed to turn the corner and does not really finish runs or break tackles in general.

Comment

Does anyone sense the irony that this post is coming from a Giant fan?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite
                          Huh?
                          You wish.

"sweat you *********** I'm outta here"

Lovie is 100% in charge of who he does and doesn't want on his staff. It was completely his decision.

Lovie not getting an extension so far, however, can be attributed to ownership's frugality.
                          That says something to me though imo. A lot of times if a coach and owner really click and the owner buys into what the coach is doing he won't ever have to ask for a new contract. Look at Billick and Biscotti as a prime example of that, Fox and Richardson.

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information