Giants interested in RB McGahee?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Legend
    started a topic Giants interested in RB McGahee?

Giants interested in RB McGahee?

New York Giants GM Jerry Reese just spoke at the podium here at the combine and said they do have some trade offers out there when talking about the need to add a running back following Tiki Barber's retirement.

He later said, "There is Willis McGahee talk, but we are looking at everybody. If the right guy is out there, we'll address it."

Verrry interesting. Considering how well Willis has performed the times he has played at the Meadowlands against the Jets, perhaps his stock is higher in New York than it might be in some other NFL cities.
    Source: www.buffalobills.com

My Link: http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=2242007ywq356wr

• Jughead10
    replied
    Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
    No way in hell. Webster sucks and McGahee will not be moved for a Day 2 pick. I would bet the house on that.
    I think that is about where his value is. I think a 4th rounder in 2007 and then a 3rd rounder in 2008 if he is signed long term is just about enough to get it done. Maybe a throw in player a long with that as well.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied
    Hm...what if the Jets traded for him? They need a runningback, have cap room, have a good, young offensive line, and he'd be reunited with Vilma...

Leave a comment:

• cunningham06
    replied
    Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
    They won't send him to a division rival.
    Agreed I don't see that happening at all. I really hope he doesn't go to the Giants that would really make it hard for the Giants being really bad this year which I am all for.

Leave a comment:

• ricky bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
    Hm...what if the Jets traded for him? They need a runningback, have cap room, have a good, young offensive line, and he'd be reunited with Vilma...
    They won't send him to a division rival.

Leave a comment:

• yourfavestoner
    replied

Leave a comment:

• art vandelay
    replied
    Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
    Corey Webster and a 4th?
    No way in hell. Webster sucks and McGahee will not be moved for a Day 2 pick. I would bet the house on that.

Leave a comment:

• Jughead10
    replied
    McGahee's value will come to whether or not the team trading for him can reach and extension. If the Giants trade for him without reaching a contrac extension he isn't worth a first day pick. However if the Giants lock him up for 4 years along with the trade, then he is. Regardless I don't want him. I have said I'd like to stay away from these Miami players. Too many headcases.

Leave a comment:

• Man_Of_Steel
    replied
    MGahee will likley be traded because during the season word broke that he is just trying to play out his contract w/o injury then he'll leave.

Leave a comment:

• Smooth Criminal
    replied
    They should be interested. They don't have much for a RB and a McGahee/Jacobs combo could work out well.

Leave a comment:

• Bearsfan123
    replied
    We could trade ya TJ for your third rder if you guys are desperate for a RB

Leave a comment:

• BuffaloDraftGeek
    replied
    I have no problem moving him. He only ever tries against the jets because he needs to show up his old college buddy vilma. He publicly stated he wants the bills to move because buffalo is boring (so now the fans hate him), and of course, he is an irresponsible jerk. HE has 4 babbies with 4 women, and all 4 of them had to sue him just so he would pay child support. O, and if he goes to the giants, I wouldn't be surprised if within a year he wants them moved to manhatten because jersey is too boring.

I would love the bills to ship him off to the browns, do they need a RB? Even if we got less of a pick, it'd be worth it because he'd move from one small city to another.

Leave a comment:

• SuperMcGee
    replied
    Originally posted by DWhitner20
    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Originally posted by Zim3031
    A growing possibility, and a good one at that
    :D

except McGee is 24

Marshawn Lynch 32?
    Good point on McGee, but we can't let him have 32 either because we're still trying to change KO-J Simpson's number to 32.

Leave a comment:

• drmoyer421
    replied
    Originally posted by BostonBillsox
    I dont understand why people throughout the league think Mcgahee is a top ten running back. He isnt even as good as Willie Parker. He has one outstanding year in the three that he has been with the Bills, but thats it. You can only blame so much on the o-line here, especially when A-Train came in and ran for two straight one hundred yard games when Willis was out this year. He shows up twice a year to kill the Jets and thats it. I cant wait until he is out of here, Im so sick of watching Dancing With the Stars everytime he gets the ball.
    He is a GREAT RB.

The problem is he is only great when he WANTS TO PLAY. And he hasnt really wanted to play in Buffalo for a bit.

He was REALLY good when he was fighting for playing time against Travis Henry in his first starting years with 13 TDs... I remember him running down the sideline and hurdling a defensive player for a 60 yard TD that was called back because of a holding penalty on Lee Evans that was on the way other side of the play.

He also is GREAT against the Jets cause his buddy is Jonathan Vilma, and he loves showing him up during those games.

But he doesnt like Buffalo, and he has wanted out for sometime.

Take a look at this.. It will really piss off Bills fans.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

McGahee didn’t spend any time in Buffalo last offseason learning the new playbook under coach Dick Jauron. The Bills are expecting more of the same this offseason.

"Willis literally didn't know what to do on the plays," a source said. "After the play was called, we'd have another coach signaling to Willis what to do because he didn't know. He'd miss blocks (in pass protection) a few times, not because he was beat, but because he didn't know what he was doing.

"He just doesn't study … His teammates noticed it and it affected how they viewed him in the locker room
    ."
    He will do well with a new team. And a team that gets his face out there in the market place like NYC will keep him playing hard at all times!!

Leave a comment:

• DWhitner20
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperMcgee
    Originally posted by Zim3031
    A growing possibility, and a good one at that
    :D

except McGee is 24

Marshawn Lynch 32?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X