Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwight Freeney- 30 million dollar signing bonus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dwight Freeney- 30 million dollar signing bonus?

http://rotoworld.com/content/playern...lter_teams=IND

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that Dwight Freeney is looking for a $30 million signing bonus and $9 million a year in salary.

That's only $3 million less than Peyton Manning got as a signing bonus. As ridiculous as the request is, Freeney might have an outside shot for it on the open market. It's not going to happen with the Colts though.

Good god.

Comment

wow.

Comment

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Comment

If he made an impact in away games, as well as against the run, I wonder how much he would ask for?

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
            If he made an impact in away games, as well as against the run, I wonder how much he would ask for?

You mean like he did in the postseason when the scheme called for far more stunts and bull rushes from him? As intelligent as you usually are, I'm surprised how you seem to be unable to pick up on the fact that the scheme takes Freeney out of the play a lot of the time.

As far as what Freeney is asking for, he'll probably end up with something similar to what Richard Seymour got.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610

You mean like he did in the postseason when the scheme called for far more stunts and bull rushes from him? As intelligent as you usually are, I'm surprised how you seem to be unable to pick up on the fact that the scheme takes Freeney out of the play a lot of the time.

As far as what Freeney is asking for, he'll probably end up with something similar to what Richard Seymour got.
              He isn't an impact run defender, as he is no where near elite against the run. That is what I meant. He isn't horrible at it, per say. I wouldn't want to pay a player, who is predominantly a pass rusher, who doesn't make impact plays in away games. Only 7.5 of his sacks in the past three years, have come away from the RCA dome. Of those, several were indoors, on turf at that.

Comment

He isn't an impact run defender, as he is no where near elite against the run.
                That may be true, but that's because more often than not, he's running a loop route in the E gap. When his assignment actually calls for him to play an area in which he can be useful against the run, he's a pretty effective run defender.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

good god and i thought KGB was the most overpayed pass rushing DE in the NFL.

Comment

I like Freeney, but he can sooner sprout wings and fly than be paid 30 SB and 9 per. He and his agent should slap each other repeatedly until common sense prevails.

I'm all in favor of the Colts drafting a DE with their 1st round pick* in favor of dealing with this asininity.
                    Last edited by Geo; 02-25-2007, 07:14 PM.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Jesus Christ that's a lot of money. I mean the guys good, but 9 million dollars a year?! They'd be better off putting franchise tags on the guy every year. My god.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Wow, How can the Colts even give him all that money?
                        Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984
                          Wow, How can the Colts even give him all that money?
                          They wont.

Comment

The Colts should just keep franchising him!!
                            HALL OF FAMER!
                            PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                            JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

My impression of Bill Polian with his response:

"What are you ******* kidding me!!!!????!!!??? You do realize you're not Peyton right? Ok just checking, now sign the contract for 7 million per with a 20 million signing bonus and let me prepare for the draft."

That is all.............

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information