Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwight Freeney- 30 million dollar signing bonus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's so much money!!! :shock:

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I would pay him $900,000 for that display he had last season. This guy's acting like he's the best in the game. He's good but really a glorified Tampa 2 D End. It would be a mistake by him and a team that signed him because he has to live up the expectations of the contract. It would be similar to the A-Rod situation. He better have 20 plus sacks every year.
      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I honestly dont see that happening from any team in the NFL
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

It's called negotiation. You ask for 30 m hoping to get 22 m.

Comment

That is an insane amount of money for a DE

Comment

Originally posted by Stash View Post
              That is an insane amount of money for a DE
              The only one I think is worth that is Julius Peppers. Maybe Mario Williams down the line, if he develops more consistency.

Comment

do u think he might be released now?

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Why would he be released? The Colts have franchise tagged him for 2007, they are willing to pay him the estimated amount for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they franchise tagged him again in 08 for a possible trade, ala the Jets and John Abraham, if both sides can't come to terms on an extension.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Salami View Post
                    It's called negotiation. You ask for 30 m hoping to get 22 m.
                    He wont even get over 20 mil as a signing bonus. Polian will only go as high as maybe 6 or 7 mil per year with a 15 mil signing bonus. If he doesnt want that, we will gladly trade him for either a 1st or 2nd round pick.
                    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      Why would he be released? The Colts have franchise tagged him for 2007, they are willing to pay him the estimated amount for the upcoming season.

I wouldn't be surprised if they franchise tagged him again in 08 for a possible trade, ala the Jets and John Abraham, if both sides can't come to terms on an extension.
                      My thoughts exactly. I would be exstatic if they could keep him one more year and then trade him for a mid 1st rounder.
                      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

I don't know how much value he would get through a trade next year, considering this draft class' depth at de and next year's possible top end talent, not to mention that he will be asking for all that money.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                          Jesus Christ that's a lot of money. I mean the guys good, but 9 million dollars a year?! They'd be better off putting franchise tags on the guy every year. My god.
                          No they wouldn't. Next year, Sanders and Clark are both up, so it'd be nice to be able to protect one of those two, plus Freeney would end up making more than Peyton Manning in 3 years if he was franchised every year. They'd be better off if they can get him to agree to a longer version of something similar to Richard Seymour's deal.
                          Last edited by Dam8610; 02-25-2007, 10:45 PM.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

he wont get that im sorry people are starting to figure freeney out, he has the tag right now but i dont see Indy giving him that, he will head for open waters but he wont get that type of money

former #1 in post count on this site
                            first to 500 posts

Comment

Originally posted by TCU View Post
                              he wont get that im sorry people are starting to figure freeney out, he has the tag right now but i dont see Indy giving him that, he will head for open waters but he wont get that type of money
                              Or perhaps being the only player that needed to be accounted for on defense for most of the regular season and the fact that the Colts had 121 more running plays run against them in 2006 as opposed to 2005 combined to make his numbers fall off a bit.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
                                Or perhaps being the only player that needed to be accounted for on defense for most of the regular season and the fact that the Colts had 121 more running plays run against them in 2006 as opposed to 2005 combined to make his numbers fall off a bit.
                                Well, I don't agree with you completely, you're right about Freeney being one of the few bright spots in the Colts' defense, but there is also Bob Sanders, Cato June (although he's outta indy now) and Robert Mathis, all players who are dangerous. I'm not saying Freeney doesn't get a lot of attention, but I don't agree he's the only guy they need to take into account.

And yes, the Colts got a lot more run plays called against them, but you'd think that even then, a guy who's asking for 9 million bucks a year would at least get double-digit sacks every year, even when gameplanned against and even when there aren't a huge amount of pass plays called against his team.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                                don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information