Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dwight Freeney- 30 million dollar signing bonus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Addict View Post
    Well, I don't agree with you completely, you're right about Freeney being one of the few bright spots in the Colts' defense, but there is also Bob Sanders, Cato June (although he's outta indy now) and Robert Mathis, all players who are dangerous. I'm not saying Freeney doesn't get a lot of attention, but I don't agree he's the only guy they need to take into account.

And yes, the Colts got a lot more run plays called against them, but you'd think that even then, a guy who's asking for 9 million bucks a year would at least get double-digit sacks every year, even when gameplanned against and even when there aren't a huge amount of pass plays called against his team.
    I'll give you Mathis, but Bob Sanders was "injured" and didn't play for most of the regular season, and Cato June played poorly for most of 06, especially against the run. Freeney was doubled and at times tripled on any play that wasn't a draw to his spot, and he had FAR less oppurtunities to get sacks as a result of having to defend 121 more (or approximately 2 games worth more) run plays. Even with his poor statistical performance last year, he still has the most sacks in the NFL since he entered the league.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Chris Kelsay made 13$ million in signing bonus. So maybe Freeney's demands aren't so absurd after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        Chris Kelsay made 13$ million in signing bonus. So maybe Freeney's demands aren't so absurd after all!

Dear god. Adalius is going to cost a fortune..

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
          You guys have PLENTY to spare.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
            at least you can get him

<~~~ sad ravens fan

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

There must be a premium on defensive ends who can consistently run themselves out of plays.

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information