2. Stephen Jackson
          4. Clinton Portis
          5. Westbrook
          6. Willie Parker
          7. Joseph Addai
          8. Fred Taylor
          9. Adrian Peterson
          10. Frank Gore

Down seasons is no reason to drop running backs down the ranking. AP is good but he's still not the best in the league.
          no he's not, lt2 is.

but there's no way in hell backs such as Willie Parker are better then him.
          Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
          Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Originally posted by Cunningham View Post
            no he's not, lt2 is.

but there's no way in hell backs such as Willie Parker are better then him.
            I agree. Willie Parker is too inconsistent for me. Not in the way that he doesn't produce, but he'll go 1 yard, 1 yard, -2 yards, 27 yards. I prefer consistent backs.

Comment

Willie parker is disgustingly overrated, to that guy that said he's a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball; i dare say those 2 touchdowns he had this year would disagree with you. Factor this in with how from carry to carry he's one of the more inconsistent runners i really don't see how he is being rated in the top 5 by many of you.

Comment

1. LaDainian Tomlinson
                2. Brian Westbrook
                3. Adrian Peterson
                4. Brandon Jacobs
                5. Stephen Jackson
                6. Jamal Lewis
                7. Fred Taylor
                8. Willie Parker
                9. Clinton Portis
                10. Frank Gore

Notable Exclusions: Joseph Addai (I have little respect for runningbacks that play in that system, because they never play against 8-man fronts and thus never show us how good they really are. Edge was an exception, because he consistantly put up 1,500 yards and 10 TDs. Addai isn't doing that.)

Ronnie Brown (Really good, but let's see if he can come back from injury)

Larry Johnson (Has shown the skill, but needs to rebound to get back into the top 10)

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                  Notable Exclusions: Joseph Addai (I have little respect for runningbacks that play in that system, because they never play against 8-man fronts and thus never show us how good they really are. Edge was an exception, because he consistantly put up 1,500 yards and 10 TDs. Addai isn't doing that.)
                  Good to see you gave reason for it instead of just leaving him off as others have.
                  Anyway, yeah i can see your point and it is a valid one, but in saying that you must remember there is more to being a running back than strictly running the football. Joe is right up there with Clinton Portis as far as pass protection is concerned, and he catches the ball better than most out of the backfield. Combine this with the fact that he runs with vision (i really like how seems to find the hole and get through it when running the stretch) and i really think he is easily a top 10 back in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                    Willie parker is disgustingly overrated, to that guy that said he's a homerun threat everytime he touches the ball; i dare say those 2 touchdowns he had this year would disagree with you. Factor this in with how from carry to carry he's one of the more inconsistent runners i really don't see how he is being rated in the top 5 by many of you.
                    Obviously you didn't watch the games this season?

Willie would get into the 5 and Najeh Davenport Pounded it in.

Lets see..

Willie Parker had 12 runs of 20+. Second to LT2 by 1.
                    Willie Parker had 87.7 yards per game.. 5th overall
                    Willie Parker had 1,316 yards in 14 games. 4th overall

Anyone gaining 1000 yards behind our OL this season is impressive.

We have the Worst OL In the league. 47 sacks and we get no push in the run game..

Which is why you'll be seeing drastic changes.

Parker has 3 back to back 1200+ Yard seasons. Not to mention the longest run in superbowl history.

Like I said, I don't think he's top 3, But I'd say he can fall anywhere from 5-8.

A lot of these guys are being based on hype as well.

McGahee only had 1 season over 4.0 ypc and has never had over 1300 yards rushing

Frank Gore only had 1 good season.

Brandon Jacobs has only started for 1 season, barely eclipsed 1000 yards and only had 4 TD's. Willie Parker is a problem with 2, but Jacobs with 4... and he's a short yardage back.

Willie Parker has outplayed Fred Taylor to go to the pro-bowl over him the last 2 seasons.

He was also battling knee injuries after the SF game which limited his speed.

I want to see what happens next year when the new coach actually builds around Willies speed.

My Top 10:

1) LaDanian Tomlinson
                    2) Stephen Jackson
                    3) Brian Westbrook
                    4) Adrian Peterson
                    5) Clinton Portis
                    6) Willie Parker
                    7) Larry Johnson
                    8) Fred Taylor
                    9) Maurice Jones-Drew
                    10) Willis McGahee
                    Last edited by Mr. Stiller; 01-06-2008, 08:58 PM.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

1. LaDainian Tomlinson San Diego Chargers---Didn't do anything to hurt his stock. Yes, he did lead the league in rushing for the 2nd consecutive season, but I don't feel he did enough to boost his stock. It really doesn't matter because he's still the #1 back in the league.

2. Brian Westbrook Philadelphia Eagles---Has been one of the more underrated players in the league for awhile. If not for Tomlinson's receiving ability, he would be the best all-purpose back in the leage. His 2000 all-purpose yards this season shows why he is a force to be reckoned with on every single down.

3. Willie Parker Pittsburgh Steelers---Possibly the leagues leading rusher if not for a broken hip against the Rams. He is the key to that Steelers offense...if Parker isn't able to run well, the Steelers will lose.

4. Steven Jackson St. Louis Rams---A season that was hampered by injuries is what causes his drop from #2 to #4 at seasons end. The Rams defenitly didn't utilize him like they did last season, and Jackson's production was limited due to.

5. Adrian Peterson Minnesota Vikings---The offensive rookie of the year burst on to the scene this year with some big games, which included a record 296 yards against the Chargers. What makes his stock drop though is his extreme hit and miss games.

6. Joseph Addai Indianapolis Colts---The former LSU Tiger has had 2 great seasons so far as a Colt. He took over easily as Edgerrin James' back-up and should continue next season. He hits holes hard and is becoming a great all-around back.

7. Clinton Portis Washington Redskins---The Redskins gave him the ball a lot during the latter part of this season, and it proved to be the factor, with them winning their final four games. When Portis gets the ball, the Redskins win, that simple.

8. Larry Johnson Kansas City Chiefs---A broken foot and mediocre production early on in the season plummets his ranking from the start of the season. The retirement of LT Willie Roaf has proved to be a factor in Johnsons production.

9. Frank Gore San Francisco 49ers---Yes, the 49ers had an upsetting season, but Gore had yet another good season. He didn't lead the NFC in rushing like last season, but he still rushed for over 1,000 yards with less carries than last season.

10. Fred Taylor Jacksonville Jaguars---A productive back his whole career, Taylor showed defensive players why he is still a threat in the backfield. He will make his 1st trip to the Pro-Bowl this season, while it should be at least his 3rd or 4th appearence.

11. Marion Barber Dallas Cowboys
                      12. Jamal Lewis Cleveland Browns
                      13. Edgerrin James Arizona Cardinals
                      14. Willis McGahee Baltimore Ravens
                      15. Brandon Jacobs New York Giants
                      16. Maurice Jones-Drew Jacksonville Jaguars
                      17. LenDale White Tennessee Titans
                      18. Chester Taylor Minnesota Vikings
                      19. Thomas Jones New York Jets
                      20. Marshawn Lynch Buffalo Bills

Comment

Hey now. No Justin Fargas? That guy is a top 5 running back for rizzle my nizzle. [/joke]

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
                          1. LaDainian Tomlinson San Diego Chargers---Didn't do anything to hurt his stock. Yes, he did lead the league in rushing for the 2nd consecutive season, but I don't feel he did enough to boost his stock. It really doesn't matter because he's still the #1 back in the league.

2. Brian Westbrook Philadelphia Eagles---Has been one of the more underrated players in the league for awhile. If not for Tomlinson's receiving ability, he would be the best all-purpose back in the leage. His 2000 all-purpose yards this season shows why he is a force to be reckoned with on every single down.

3. Willie Parker Pittsburgh Steelers---Possibly the leagues leading rusher if not for a broken hip against the Rams. He is the key to that Steelers offense...if Parker isn't able to run well, the Steelers will lose.

4. Steven Jackson St. Louis Rams---A season that was hampered by injuries is what causes his drop from #2 to #4 at seasons end. The Rams defenitly didn't utilize him like they did last season, and Jackson's production was limited due to.

5. Adrian Peterson Minnesota Vikings---The offensive rookie of the year burst on to the scene this year with some big games, which included a record 296 yards against the Chargers. What makes his stock drop though is his extreme hit and miss games.

6. Joseph Addai Indianapolis Colts---The former LSU Tiger has had 2 great seasons so far as a Colt. He took over easily as Edgerrin James' back-up and should continue next season. He hits holes hard and is becoming a great all-around back.

7. Clinton Portis Washington Redskins---The Redskins gave him the ball a lot during the latter part of this season, and it proved to be the factor, with them winning their final four games. When Portis gets the ball, the Redskins win, that simple.

8. Larry Johnson Kansas City Chiefs---A broken foot and mediocre production early on in the season plummets his ranking from the start of the season. The retirement of LT Willie Roaf has proved to be a factor in Johnsons production.

9. Frank Gore San Francisco 49ers---Yes, the 49ers had an upsetting season, but Gore had yet another good season. He didn't lead the NFC in rushing like last season, but he still rushed for over 1,000 yards with less carries than last season.

10. Fred Taylor Jacksonville Jaguars---A productive back his whole career, Taylor showed defensive players why he is still a threat in the backfield. He will make his 1st trip to the Pro-Bowl this season, while it should be at least his 3rd or 4th appearence.

11. Marion Barber Dallas Cowboys
                          12. Jamal Lewis Cleveland Browns
                          13. Edgerrin James Arizona Cardinals
                          14. Willis McGahee Baltimore Ravens
                          15. Brandon Jacobs New York Giants
                          16. Maurice Jones-Drew Jacksonville Jaguars
                          17. LenDale White Tennessee Titans
                          18. Chester Taylor Minnesota Vikings
                          19. Thomas Jones New York Jets
                          20. Marshawn Lynch Buffalo Bills
                          Two guys I wonder about on that list are Lendale White and Thomas Jones. They had 3.7 and 3.6 ypc respectively and barely scratched the surface of 1,100 yards in over 300 carries. In fact, they have almost identical stats in all facets. I would replace one of them on the list with Justin Fargas. This year he had 222 carries for 1,009 yards for a 4.5 ypc. He is by no means top 10 back or even top 15 RB, but I would put him around #19 or 20 ahead of White and Jones.

It is interesting to see the fall from glory that many RBs have had. It's not just Shaun or Larry Johnson, but Frank Gore, Rude Johnson and Travis Henry. And let's not forget that Julius Jones had been hailed as one of the next top RBs in the league and look at his fall.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I'd mention Ryan Grant too. While obviously he hasn't done it over an extended period of time, I think he's looked very good in the time that he's started. I don't know exactly where I'd place him, I think he at least deserves to be in the top 20 backs.

Comment

I think when the Chiefs improve their line next year Larry Johnson will return to the top 5 of the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
                                I think when the Chiefs improve their line next year Larry Johnson will return to the top 5 of the rankings.
                                How are they going to improve the line by next year? if LJ gets back into the top 5 it'll be because of his talent, not hte line..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information