Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Reasons Tom Brady is the Greatest QB Ever...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
    We don't know how good Dallas Clark, Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison are without Manning. Would they still be great? Probably. But Manning makes receivers better. He makes O-Lines better. For me, it comes down to:

What does Brady do better than Manning?

What does Manning do better than Brady?

And I can't come up with a decision based on those questions. Let's also point out:

Moss>Harrison
    Stallworth Welker>Clark
    and before this year...

New England D>Indy's D
    Not to troll but wouldnt it be GonzalezWatson

Just to help prove your point.... i think

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
      Not to troll but wouldnt it be GonzalezWatson

Just to help prove your point.... i think
      Actually I made a mistake. I should have put Stokely instead of Welker, beause I was trying to compare Manning's 2004 weapons with Brady's 2007.

So:
      Moss>Harrison
      Stallworth Welker>Stokely.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
      Originally posted by njx9
      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Originally posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
        Very very true but how many people can start that long and still put up numbers? Look at the year Favre had, he came in 2nd in MVP voting... Yes it be a distant second but he still got a vote.
        I didn't say it to downplay favre, I'm just saying, anyone starting for as long as he did is bound to break career records.

Originally posted by CutlerChris View Post
        Actually I made a mistake. I should have put Stokely instead of Welker, beause I was trying to compare Manning's 2004 weapons with Brady's 2007.

So:
        Moss>Harrison
        Stallworth Welker>Stokely.
        And before '07 brady had absolutely nobody outiside of Deion Branch...

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

You forgot to mention how the Pats have been getting favorable calls since the tuck rule...that should cancel out one of those super bowl wins...I know coulda, shoulda, woulda, but everytime I see that replay its disturbing that they ruled it incomplete and they went on to win the super bowl that year, alot of people said and feel like if that call went the other way, there is no telling how it affects the rest of his career or the patriots dynasty

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
            I didn't say it to downplay favre, I'm just saying, anyone starting for as long as he did is bound to break career records.
            That is the worst argument ever... You need to be incredible to start for that long. Vinny Testerverde has about as many games played as Favre. John Elway played for 15+ years. Montana played for 15 years. Warren Moon played for 17 years(15 starting.) Yet none of them set records, or even got close to the records Favre has. How many 38 year olds are in contention for the MVP award? Maybe John Elway was. Can you tell me another that was? The longevity of his playing career is testament to his greatness, not a detraction.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Tom will never be considered the greatest QB. Hmm why you ask?

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post

And before '07 brady had absolutely nobody outiside of Deion Branch...
                And before '07 Brady never put up numbers similar to Manning's '04 season either. Plus if people are going to say "now that Brady has weapons he can do just as good as Manning", its important he a) Does it more than once, and B) people recognize Brady's offense now is one witharguably more and better weapons then Manning had in 2004.

Comment

I agree. Tom is my favorite sportsman and he is the greatest football player in history.

Oh, and don't forget about his girlfriend!

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
                  1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                  2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                  3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                  3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                  4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                  5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                  6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                  7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

8 is completely wrong. Peyton had a better passer rating, and plenty of QBs have thrown less interceptions in a year. I don't doubt the ratio though.

Comment

Brady is incredible....Favre has been quite the storied QB as well but Montana is simply the greatest of all time hands down. No one ....NO ONE is as clutch as Joe Cool was.

Comment

Im not sure, but pretty much every pass i saw brady throw this year was either a fade to Randy Moss or a screen/hitch route to Welker or a RB... im gonna go lok some stats up now. If you quote it it will be eaiser to read.

in CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

Pass Thrown: Behind line 63 84 469 75.0 5.58 42 1 0 0.0 91.8

Pass Thrown: 1-10 yds. 249 329 2196 75.7 6.68 43 31 0 0.0 124.4

Pass Thrown: 11-20 yds. 60 105 1065 57.1 10.14 37 5 5 0.0 88.

Pass Thrown: 21-30 yds. 13 35 454 37.1 12.97 69 5 2 0.0 100.9

Pass Thrown: 31-40 yds. 6 9 256 66.7 28.44 63 3 1 0.0 109.7

Pass Thrown: 41+ yds. 7 16 366 43.8 22.88 65 5 0 0.0 130.2

the passes thrown 1-10 yards make up for about half of the yards and 3/5 of his tds. His Completion % 21-31 yards is only 37%, which seems low. Im not exactly sure what the average is though
                        Last edited by Bengals1690; 01-15-2008, 05:24 PM.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                        i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                        who dey?

Comment

I think if Brady puts up another season like this and wins two more super bowls there just couldn't be any denying it that he's the best. Montanas number one right now,farve not even in my top five, I love the guy, but if I had to choose who my starting qb was, he wouldn't make my top five. I know ill get slammed for that opinion.

Originally posted by WMD
                          Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
                          Originally posted by gpngc
                          I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Brady is hardly even top 10 in my book
                            I dont think any QB should be considered for GOAT until the end of their career and until they retire.

My top 10
                            1-Johnny Unitas- oh how we forget of the greats before out time
                            2-Montana- The greatest leader ever
                            3-Elway- Until the end of his career never had too much talent, but was highly sucessful
                            4-Favre- The records speak for themselves, and a super bowl seperates him from Marino
                            5-Marino- The records
                            6-Baugh- First big time passer
                            7-Tarkenton- I loved watching his clips on ESPN Classic, i felt he was very dynamic
                            8-Young- Played great in the short time he did
                            9-Brady
                            10-Manning- After the Super Bowl Win i can consider him a top QB

On this subject i dont believe Favre has ever had a WR core as good as Bradys
                            Last edited by neko4; 01-15-2008, 05:22 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

What happens if he wins his 4th title this year ? Surely they will be favourites for next year too (that'd make 5). How many does he have to win for you people to consider him a great ?

I'm sorry but to my mind he clearly got Manning covered and I have him ahead of Favre too. He's clearly a top 5 QB now and when its said and done he has a real chance to be considered the greatest ever.

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                                What happens if he wins his 4th title this year ? Surely they will be favourites for next year too (that'd make 5). How many does he have to win for you people to consider him a great ?

I'm sorry but to my mind he clearly got Manning covered and I have him ahead of Favre too. He's clearly a top 5 QB now and when its said and done he has a real chance to be considered the greatest ever.
                                Bradshaw has 4. The Steel Curtain was great..buttttttt New Englands D is verry solid near top 10 every Super Bowl Year. Brady is great yes. But the fact that you can bring up stuff like Belicheck, the Defense, the coaching, the lack of competition with in his own divsion etc etc etc etc etc etc stems me to believe that Brady needs to do a little more to get in Top 5 all time for me.
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information