Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 10 Reasons Tom Brady is the Greatest QB Ever...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Reasons Tom Brady is the Greatest QB Ever...

Top Ten Reasons Tom Brady in the greatest QB of all time…

10. He has won three Super Bowls (XXXVI, XXXVIII, XXXIX), two Super Bowl MVP awards (XXXVI and XXXVIII)
    9. Holds the NFL record for most touchdown passes in a single regular season (50)
    8. Best Season a QB has ever had in 2007. Highest single-season quarterback rating: 117.2; Lowest interception total, season (minimum 2 starts): 8; Largest touchdown to interception difference: +42
    7. Best Playoff QB of all time… Most completions in a Super Bowl (32 in Super Bowl XXXVIII) Highest completion percentage in a single game, minimum 20 attempts (26 of 28, 92.9%, against Jacksonville in 2007 AFC Divisional round)
    6. 86-24 (regular season), 99-26 (career) as a starter. It is the best record of any NFL quarterback in the Super Bowl Era (since 1966) with at least 40 starts
    5. Brady enters 2007 with a 12-2 (.857) playoff record, the second best in NFL history behind Bart Starr (9-1, .900)
    4. Brady is the only quarterback in NFL history to start and win three Super Bowls before his 28th birthday, having quarterbacked the Patriots to victories in Super Bowl XXXVI when he was 24 years old, Super Bowl XXXVIII (26) and Super Bowl XXXIX (27).
    3. NFL record for most consecutive wins in post season: 10 (broke record of Green Bay's Bart Starr) and most consecutive post season wins (college and professional combined): 12
    2. Team went 16-0 for the first time ever.
    1. All the reasons I listed will continue to grow, as he is only 30…

We can all debate for various reasons... we can say it is too early to talk about this with him having so much time left in his career... we can argue for others with similar records and titles... but no other player has had as much success not only with winning the big games, but with collecting all the records and leading a winning team.
    The NFL Draft is the consummation of all things sports. It is where the two greatest sports, who are gravitating toward each other all year, finally meet and kiss...

As a lifelong Pats fan I agree. But you have your facts wrong. Manning had a highter qb rating the year he threw 49 tds.

Comment

tom has had an amazing career but personally i <3 brett favre.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyjackaubrey View Post
        As a lifelong Pats fan I agree. But you have your facts wrong. Manning had a highter qb rating the year he threw 49 tds.
        Also the stat where it says brady threw the fewest ints in a season Minimum 2 starts.. thats wrong too..

sig by bosanac01

Comment

I don't agree with this yet - but he does have more time to prove it. We'll see though. Certainly not yet.

Oh, and if we're going to add a few more reasons, why not throw in he dates ultra hot super models too? That totally counts for something. Or it should.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

I don't think he has the lowest interception total in a season. I can't say who has it but Garrard threw less interceptions than him this year and i'm sure there are others who've thrown less than 8.

But for real, IMO Brady is the best QB of all-time and he's still getting better.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
              I don't think he has the lowest interception total in a season. I can't say who has it but Garrard threw less interceptions than him this year and i'm sure there are others who've thrown less than 8.

But for real, IMO Brady is the best QB of all-time and he's still getting better.
              mcnabb had 5 interceptions and 30 TD in one season

Comment

Yah except Brett Farve is a better QB and is better with a worse team
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by tjpackers View Post
                  Good point.

I change my mind. Favre = GOAT.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by GermanSaint View Post
                    mcnabb had 5 interceptions and 30 TD in one season
                    31 TD, 8 INT in 2004

Comment

Originally posted by tjpackers View Post
                      1. Um no.
                      2. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with subpar offense around him. So Brady was better with a worse team.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        1. Um no.
                        2. Brady won 3 Super Bowls with subpar offense around him. So Brady was better with a worse team.
                        Brady had subpar offenses but their defense was always really solid. Brady is a very good QB, but to label him as the best ever is just wrong.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I don't think Brady is the best QB ever...I think its an overstatement based on this season. There certainly is an argumnet for it however though, but you really didn't choose the best one..

For starters, a lot of your facts are wrong, as has been pointed out. Six of your main points are team-oriented (i.e winning games, postseason games, and Super Bowls). One is speculative about what he will do in the future. One is largely opinion on him being the best playoff QB of all time, although largely backed up (there were a lot of great ones before him). Leaving just two arguments, one with flawed facts, and the other, his single season touchdown record, is just that: one season.

Now, when its all said and done he may be, but you really didn't choose the best arguments for him. Better one's might have been his consistency despite a lack of offensive weapons, his leadership abilities, etc.

Comment

i hate when people hesitate to put current players among the all time greats b/c they "still have something to prove"

this season for brady was a accumilation of great season he had for the past 5 years... just this season, he had the weapons that could take his stats to the next level... FYI, he threw for 4000+ yrds with reche caldwell leading the recieving corp... idk if he he is the best cause i dont even know if brett favre is the best, but he is def ONE of the best in nfl history

Go Ravens!

Comment

When its all said and done he will be top 5. But a la terry Bradshaw, he won his super bowls mostly based upon very good defenses and great coaching. But he has played very well in Super Bowls. How many career wins were because of Adam V. Yeah Brady had to march them 30-45 yards in 2 minutes but thats two plays. Th thing with Brady their is always gonna be room for statements like the ones I have made. But IMO he is still a great QB
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information