No announcement yet.

*** Conference Championships Gameday Thread ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=RCAChainGang;845013]I would like to see Chargers and Giants win. Then, I would like to see Eli win.

Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he is compared to Peyton and Archie.[/quote]

This season was a big year for Eli. Especially these last few weeks. He is obviously never going to be Peyton and they shouldn't be compared, but everyone will continue to do it. However Eli has now won 2 playoff games in his 4th year, his 3rd full year starting. It took Peyton a couple more seasons to do that. That seems to be the new thing people want to point out. That pretty much doesn't mean anything, but if it gets people off Eli's back and stop comparing him to his brother than I'm all for it.

Comment

I hope the Packers and Chargers win, but IMO, the Superbowl will be between the Pats and Packers.

Patriots - 38
      Chargers - 32

Packers - 31
      Giants - 23

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        I think the majority of people will be rooting against SD no matter who they play if the make the Super Bowl. Some of the loudmouths on that team have really turned off a lot of people.
        Oh definitely...I can't say we've exactly been the "classiest" organization...but there are still enough people out there that don't like Eli or New York sports in general that would give us some support...

Whereas playing the Packers...c'mon, even I kind of want to see Favre win one more before his career is done.

Comment

AFC Title Game

Patriots 38
          Chargers 21

NFC Title Game

Packers 31
          Giants 17

Comment

As nice as it is to be the favourite this year, I miss the years when we would roll into cities with 3rd and 4th string DB's and scrubs at RB and WR and still beat teams. I would much rather be in SD position than NE, but I still want and think NE will win.
            With that said, I gave SD no chance going into IND last week. I for one, had thought nothing of Rivers as a QB, but right now, there is nothing I can do but respect him. I think it will be a game in Foxboro, and I cant wait.

Comment

I said this in the Divisional round 2 when everyone was predicting an Indy blowout: SD has a chance against any team.

When you have run stuffers, a pass rush that can get to the QB, and a ballhawking secondary, you can slow down or stop teams. It's hard to score on good defenses in the NFL.

And on offense, LT is due for a monster game, plus the aerial attack has been clicking very very well. Rivers and Gates will play, don't be fooled.

No guarantees against perfection but I don't think this becomes a blowout.

Comment

Maybe I heard differently but I think I just heard something on ESPN about the Patriots thinking they don't believe the Chargers injury report saying that LT and Rivers are going to play either way. Now I do agree with the Patriots but this kind of makes me wonder, can they actually talk about injury reports that may be a little fictional? Maybe this just amuses me.

Comment

Oh Eli, Eli, Eli... You look good man

http://drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx

(Scroll all the way to the bottom)

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                    Oh Eli, Eli, Eli... You look good man

http://drunkathlete.com/2006/12/27/eli-being-eli.aspx

(Scroll all the way to the bottom)
                    It's not like that picture hasn't been circulating on the internet for about two years now. I guess Favre has never been drunk let alone addicted to pain killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      It's not like that picture hasn't been circulating on the internet for about two years now. I guess Favre has never been drunk let alone addicted to pain killers.
                      I've been drunk, Favre's been drunk, Eli's been drunk, half the world has been drunk. I didn't take a personal shot at Eli saying he is a terrible QB or that this had anything to do with him today. I thought it was a funny given the current situation with me being a Packer fan and GreenBay playing the Giants.

But I guess your the bigger man digging into Brett Favre's past and talking about his addiction to pain killers and all that ****. Nice job man, be proud

Comment

I was honestly wondering when the Giants fans were gonna get into the painkiller trash talk.

Comment

WIN ONE FOR FEAGLES!!!!

come on, the guys been in the league 20 years and doesnt have a super bowl ring. favre's already won in the super bowl, guys like Toomer, Strahan and Feagles deserve it!
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Wow. How 'bout them Chargers. Let's trash talk the Patriots, that's worked well in the past...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Like i said, who cares what they say. That is their M-O. Why is no one giving Stallwho any crap about saying he wants to abduct someone. Abduction is a crime. A stretch I know. Winning football isint. Pats always say oh well its all about execution and what not. Its plain vanilla, but that is their M-O. I think the Chargers bring a lil more than will be expected this weekend. I wouldn't be shocked if Chargers win.
                              Last edited by bored of education; 01-16-2008, 08:27 PM.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                                I really think the X-Factor for the Giants game is our LBs. If they can plug up the holes and stop Grant from getting into open space, we can force the Packers to be one-dimensional and possibly create a better pass rush. I'm looking for a big game by Pierce for us to win.
                                I'm not so sure making us pass is what you want to do. We lived off only our passing game the first half of the season. It's not like we're the Vikings that when you shut down the run you shut down the offense. I honestly can't see you shutting down any part of our offense, but you should want it to be the pass. If the Giants win it'll be in a shoot out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information