*** Conference Championships Gameday Thread ***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
    I'm not so sure making us pass is what you want to do. We lived off only our passing game the first half of the season. It's not like we're the Vikings that when you shut down the run you shut down the offense. I honestly can't see you shutting down any part of our offense, but you should want it to be the pass. If the Giants win it'll be in a shoot out.
    I'm scared of your passing game, especially the short slants and dinks and dunks you guys use. I may be in the minority, but I'm not scared of your running game. I think it'll be Favre, Driver, Jennings&Co. who will have to beat us. That and your D. I don't see a full blown shoot out, but I see a higher scoring game with both team in the high 20's-mid 30's range
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
      I'm not so sure making us pass is what you want to do. We lived off only our passing game the first half of the season. It's not like we're the Vikings that when you shut down the run you shut down the offense. I honestly can't see you shutting down any part of our offense, but you should want it to be the pass. If the Giants win it'll be in a shoot out.
      I am scared of your passing game, but even though our secondary is lacking, we thrive on teams being forced to pass the ball. If you have noticed all of the games we have won, it is based on us shutting down the run in timely manners. What the Giants excel at is obviously our pass rush and forcing QBs to be quick and have to check down for shorter routes. Plus, with the weather condition looking the way they are, I think it is a must for both teams to shut-down the running back. People always forget that by shutting down the running game usually allows for less time of possession as well. Obviously the team that wins the time of possession battle usually wins the game (sorry Cowboys fans).

Originally posted by Halsey
      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

LaDainian Tomlinson, what's your last wish?

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
        1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
        2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
        3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
        3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
        4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
        5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
        6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
        7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
          I was honestly wondering when the Giants fans were gonna get into the painkiller trash talk.
          It wasn't so much trash talk. I just don't understand the point of posting a drunk picture of Eli in the gameday thread. Either way, at least it wasn't steroids.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            I really think the X-Factor for the Giants game is our LBs. If they can plug up the holes and stop Grant from getting into open space, we can force the Packers to be one-dimensional and possibly create a better pass rush. I'm looking for a big game by Pierce for us to win.
            We have no problem being one dimensional especially through the air. We've won many games without a running game, Grant gave us the ability to blowout teams.

Comment

All I have to say is Go Packers, and Go Chargers!

That said my predictions are

Packers 34
              Giants 17

Patriots 42
              Chargers 24
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I am scared of your passing game, but even though our secondary is lacking, we thrive on teams being forced to pass the ball. If you have noticed all of the games we have won, it is based on us shutting down the run in timely manners. What the Giants excel at is obviously our pass rush and forcing QBs to be quick and have to check down for shorter routes.
                It's not like you can shut down our offense by holding us to a short and quick passing game, we might do that anyway just for the hell of it. Your pass rush is good, but so are Clifton and Tauscher and you're gonna have to get in Favre's face a lot if you want to force incompletions. I'd expect a very high completion percentage when he has time and a very low one when he doesn't, so I think that will really dictate how our offense moves. Or maybe we'll just pound Grant, it's nice having options.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                  LaDainian Tomlinson, what's your last wish?
                  It just came true, buddy.

January 17, 2008
                  Player Ailment Yesterday Game status

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Lorenzo Neal Broken leg Full practice Probable

Badassssssssss

Comment

How do u practice with a broken leg...thats really incredible

Comment

To me, there isn't a question which matchup would be best.
                      Giants/Pats.

the Giants had a chance to stop the Pats from being the first team to go 16-0. If they both make it, the Giants will have the chance to stop them from being the first team to go 19-0.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                      Originally posted by njx9
                      do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I'm sorry Packers fans, but the more this week goes by the more I am starting to hate Brett Favre. ESPN and all other sports outlets are making it seem like this is not even going to be a good game this weekend because the immortal Brett Favre is playing. I've always liked the guy, but the way he is being talked about along with Tom Brady sort of makes me sick. I finally understand why Bears fans are so frustrated all the time. =D

Comment

The matchup that would attract the largest audience is easily the Packers/Pats. Rematch of Super Bowl XXXI except this time under much different circumstances, Patriots with the chance to go 19-0 and possibly Brett Favre's last hoorah.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                            The matchup that would attract the largest audience is easily the Packers/Pats. Rematch of Super Bowl XXXI except this time under much different circumstances, Patriots with the chance to go 19-0 and possibly Brett Favre's last hoorah.
                            Seriously, as long as the Pats are in the Super Bowl people will watch it. I honestly don't feel that Packers/Chargers of Giants/Chargers would get as much pub as Pats/anyone.

Comment

If its the Packers/Pats in the bowl, just watch how it gets hyped up by every media outlet possible...ending result I think we get one of the highest rated superbowls of all time

of course media outlets have already started hyping that game up right now anyway, but the ratings are going to be crazy high for that game if it happens

And I love that drunken pic of Eli, i think it owns the drunken pic of big ben with the grizzly beard, plus that chic is pretty hot and im sure he took her and her friend home and smashed both...i love seeing pics of star qbs with chics at parties, every chic wants to screw a tall rich qb lol
                              Last edited by LonghornsLegend; 01-17-2008, 04:28 PM.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I'm sorry Packers fans, but the more this week goes by the more I am starting to hate Brett Favre. ESPN and all other sports outlets are making it seem like this is not even going to be a good game this weekend because the immortal Brett Favre is playing. I've always liked the guy, but the way he is being talked about along with Tom Brady sort of makes me sick. I finally understand why Bears fans are so frustrated all the time. =D
                                It's really not that hard to see the game being a blowout in the Packers favor. Everything is favoring us, everything. Obviously that could be a downfall if we let it go to our heads, but I don't see that happening.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information