Clear All

• *** Conference Championships Gameday Thread ***

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS WEEKEND
    (All times Eastern)

Sunday, January 20
    San Diego at New England 3:00 PM
    NY Giants at Green Bay 6:30 PM

(I hate you all. :() Discuss.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

I like you Geo! Wanna do lunch? You have to pick up the bill though because your team is no longer in the playoffs.

Comment

God I hope the Chargers and Packers win...
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Lets see....

If San Diego wins I'll have to root for the NYG...gives the possibility of a Rivers/Manning bowl (where Rivers can own Manning :p), plus it would prevent the entire nation from rooting against SD (not that we have many fans to begin with, but if you throw us against Favre, all of America outside of San Diego is pulling for GB)...

buttt....if New England wins, I gotta hope Green Bay can win. I can't stand to have to choose between rooting for Eli to win a Super Bowl and the Patriots going 19-0. Yech.

EDIT: On another note, what game do you think the NFL wants to see happen. Any game with Green Bay gives you the "Favre's last hurrah" story; SD/NYG gives you the battle of the '04 draft day trade; New England always gives you the perfection story...which one makes the best story?
        Last edited by JK17; 01-15-2008, 10:56 PM.

Comment

I'm guessing New England and Green Bay in the big show.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

New England - 34
            S.D - 31
            I want SD to win but I dont think they have enough.

Green Bay - 27
            NYG - 19
            Lower scoring chess match GB edeges out in the end
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I want to see either Green Bay vs New England or New York vs San Diego. I'd rather not see a rematch of one of the games that happened in the regular season.

Comment

Am I the only one noticing how ESPN is hyping up a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl before either team has won?

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I want to pick the Chargers. I do. I think they'll get pressure on Brady, unlike the Jaguars. I think they'll dink and dunk, and run, their way downfield and move the ball well enough against the 2nd tier of the Patriots defense. At the end of the day, though, I think perfection continues. I look to see a heavy dose of Laurence Maroney to try and stifle the pass rush, and I think Watson and Welker could have big games. On the other side, I think the Patriots defense will shake up their passing game enough and that the Chargers won't have the gigantic rushing day they probably need to win.

Giants/Packers is much more interesting. I think the Giants need a huge, huge rushing effort, and I'm not sure they can. But I also think the Giants can get a lot of pressure on Favre while not giving up too many big plays or a big rushing day from Grant. Can Eli stay steady? Can Kevin Boss and Steve Smith deliver? Can Corey Webster play big again and help neutralize the Packers air attack? I think the Packers might get in trouble if Spags front 4 can get pressure consistently. All that said, I'm going Packers. Brett Favre will handle the pressure a bit better than Romo and make enough plays. Packers won't give up a gigantic rush day.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                    Am I the only one noticing how ESPN is hyping up a Brady vs. Favre Super Bowl before either team has won?
                    You watch ESPN for football information?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

I really think the X-Factor for the Giants game is our LBs. If they can plug up the holes and stop Grant from getting into open space, we can force the Packers to be one-dimensional and possibly create a better pass rush. I'm looking for a big game by Pierce for us to win.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                        Thats what they do, kinda how they talked about the pats and colts undefeated game weeks before it even happened, ill be watching closely to see if the calls are leaning towards that matchup...it probably does present the best story line, be interesting if it was the packers and pats who majority of people would be pulling for...

but I think that matchup presents the best ratings for a superbowl in some time quite possibly

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I think we're going to witness a Patriots vs. Packers Super Bowl, which everyone, including the nearly dying, will want to watch.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                          WHO DAT!

Comment

I would like to see Chargers and Giants win. Then, I would like to see Eli win.

Sometimes I feel sorry for him because he is compared to Peyton and Archie.

Sig by BoneKrusher
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                              Lets see....

If San Diego wins I'll have to root for the NYG...gives the possibility of a Rivers/Manning bowl (where Rivers can own Manning :p), plus it would prevent the entire nation from rooting against SD (not that we have many fans to begin with, but if you throw us against Favre, all of America outside of San Diego is pulling for GB)...

buttt....if New England wins, I gotta hope Green Bay can win. I can't stand to have to choose between rooting for Eli to win a Super Bowl and the Patriots going 19-0. Yech.

EDIT: On another note, what game do you think the NFL wants to see happen. Any game with Green Bay gives you the "Favre's last hurrah" story; SD/NYG gives you the battle of the '04 draft day trade; New England always gives you the perfection story...which one makes the best story?
                              I think the majority of people will be rooting against SD no matter who they play if the make the Super Bowl. Some of the loudmouths on that team have really turned off a lot of people.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information