• Tags should be a lock for next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Dave Kreig's worst nightmare?
      HAHAHA great anwser

Comment

• Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
        Tags should be a lock for next year
        Actually he's going to have a tougher time next year if the owner's opt out of the CBA. Tags, IMO, doesn't deserve to be in the Hall. Now alot of that revolves around the fact that he colluded with Jack Kent Cooke to keep the city of Baltimore from getting a team and the fact that the Baltimore Colts records have never been rightfully returned home but I digress. While Tags was Commish during the biggest expansion of the league in terms of economics, how much was really the result of him and not just the natural evolution of the game itself? Tags was never tough with discipline, looked out for the big market teams, and was a tool. Frankly I hope that piece of garbage never gets in.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Actually he's going to have a tougher time next year if the owner's opt out of the CBA. Tags, IMO, doesn't deserve to be in the Hall. Now alot of that revolves around the fact that he colluded with Jack Kent Cooke to keep the city of Baltimore from getting a team and the fact that the Baltimore Colts records have never been rightfully returned home but I digress. While Tags was Commish during the biggest expansion of the league in terms of economics, how much was really the result of him and not just the natural evolution of the game itself? Tags was never tough with discipline, looked out for the big market teams, and was a tool. Frankly I hope that piece of garbage never gets in.
          That was my thought. Not about him not deserving it, but about it being tough with the CBA that he helped negotiate already being opted out of (possibly).

Comment

• Originally posted by kmartin575 View Post
            That was my thought. Not about him not deserving it, but about it being tough with the CBA that he helped negotiate already being opted out of (possibly).
            Please don't ever associate yourself with any of my thoughts.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
            On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
            Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Please don't ever associate yourself with any of my thoughts.
              And why is that?

Comment

• I had previously stated that Cris Carter was not among the final 10. This was in fact based on faulting info apparently. Here ya go, it also explains why Richard Dent was hosed over Dean and Tippett.;)

Dent made the cut from the final 15 to 10 along with former Vikings receiver Cris Carter, former Dolphins guard Bob Kuechenberg, former Vikings guard Randall McDaniel and former Chiefs linebacker Derrick Thomas. But those five players were eliminated in the next round of voting.

"No disrespect to Fred Dean or Andre Tippett, but I'm disappointed in the fact that if you compared those guys to me, I think you would take me ahead of them," said Dent, who was a finalist for the fourth time. "I'm disappointed in the process. It doesn't make sense."

Dent, however, makes plenty of sense. As one of the 40 voters and the one responsible for opening the discussion on Dent, I thought he compared favorably with Tippett and Dean by almost any measure.

Dent had 137½ career sacks compared to 100 for Tippett, the former Patriots linebacker. Dean, the former Chargers and 49ers defensive end, played most of his career before sacks became an official statistic, but football researcher John Turney estimates Dean had 93 career sacks.

Dent had eight seasons in which he had 10 sacks. Dean had an estimated five. Tippett had three.

Dent had 21 career takeaways. Tippett had 18. Dean had 14.

Dent had 37 career forced fumbles. Tippett had 14. Dean had eight, though figures for forced fumbles are unavailable for the first four years of his career.

Dent had 58 passes defended. Tippett had 17. Dean had 13, not including the first four years of his career.

Dent also was an outstanding run defender. Tippett was a fine run defender as well, but Dean was a 230-pound situational player for most of his career.

Usually making the top 10 means that you'll get in eventually, as it only takes a few voters to sway. Though Dent has made it three times now, and I believe Thomas has twice. Things will likely get harder in the next few years with a slew of prominent names coming up.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  Usually making the top 10 means that you'll get in eventually, as it only takes a few voters to sway. Though Dent has made it three times now, and I believe Thomas has twice. Things will likely get harder in the next few years with a slew of prominent names coming up.
                  He will get in eventually. Just look, Harry Carson had to wait all those years and eventually got there while being superior to guys like Tippett and Dean.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information