Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
    http://www.profootballhof.com/enshri...?story_id=2640

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins
    Fred Dean – Defensive End – 1975-1981 San Diego Chargers, 1981-85 San Francisco 49ers
    Richard Dent – Defensive End – 1983-1993, 1995 Chicago Bears, 1994 San Francisco 49ers, 1996 Indianapolis Colts, 1997 Philadelphia Eagles
    Marshall Goldberg – Back – 1939-1943, 1946-48 Chicago Cardinals
    Randy Gradishar – Linebacker – 1974-1983 Denver Broncos
    Darrell Green – Cornerback – 1983-2002 Washington Redskins
    Russ Grimm – Guard – 1981-1991 Washington Redskins
    Ray Guy – Punter – 1973-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders
    Bob Kuechenberg – Guard – 1970-1984 Miami Dolphins
    Randall McDaniel – Guard – 1988-1999 Minnesota Vikings, 2000-2001 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Art Monk – Wide Receiver – 1980-1993 Washington Redskins, 1994 New York Jets, 1995 Philadelphia Eagles
    Andre Reed – Wide Receiver – 1985-1999 Buffalo Bills, 2000 Washington Redskins
    Paul Tagliabue – Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League
    Derrick Thomas – Linebacker – 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs
    Emmitt Thomas – Cornerback – 1966-1978 Kansas City Chiefs
    Andre Tippett – Linebacker – 1982-1993 New England Patriots
    Gary Zimmerman – Tackle – 1986-1992 Minnesota Vikings, 1993-97 Denver Broncos
    The bolded names are the ones I think get in this year

Comment

The most dominating linebacker you've never heard of.

Comment

i doubt green monk or grimm get in (green eventually hopefully)

Carter
        Reed
        DT
        Tags
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Cris Carter – Wide Receiver – 1987-89 Philadelphia Eagles, 1990-2001 Minnesota Vikings, 2002 Miami Dolphins

Randy Gradishar – Linebacker – 1974-1983 Denver Broncos

Darrell Green – Cornerback – 1983-2002 Washington Redskins

Ray Guy – Punter – 1973-1986 Oakland/Los Angeles Raiders

Paul Tagliabue – Commissioner – 1989-2006 National Football League

Derrick Thomas – Linebacker – 1989-1999 Kansas City Chiefs

This is who I would vote in. Carter, Gradishar, Green, and Tagliabue I think get in with Thomas and Guy being questionable.

Comment

1.Darrell Green
            2.Cris Carter
            3.Art Monk
            4.Derrick Thomas
            Should make it within the next two years
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pooQi...eature=related

Comment

anyone who doubts monks credibility in the hall is crazy.

www.monk4thehall.com

watch the vid on there.

Comment

Gradishar really should be in the HOF.

Comment

anyone who doubts monks credibility in the hall is crazy.

www.monk4thehall.com

watch the vid on there.
                  Who cares about a video. The guy was only a 2 time all pro.

Comment

I love the backing of Randy Gradishar here. Dude definitely deserves to go in the Hall.
                    Carter is a lock IMO.
                    A lot of good, deserving names on the ballot IMO. I'd vote as follows:
                    Randy Gradishar
                    Cris Carter
                    Derrick Thomas
                    Gary Zimmerman - was a member of 80's all decade and 90's all decade teams, was a dominating tackle and no one talks about him
                    Randall McDaniel

Comment

Ray Guy deserves it... he should get in. He gets snubbed every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                        Who cares about a video. The guy was only a 2 time all pro.
                        Actually he had 3 All Pro years (84, 85, and 86) to go with his 3 Super Bowl Rings.

Regular Season: 224gms 940rec 12721yds (13.5ypc) 68tds
                        Postseason: 15gms 69rec 1062yds (15.4ypc) 7tds

At the time of retirement Monk was #1 in all time receptions and is currently ranked #6 all time. It is more significant to me that he was #1 when he retired because I believe that the Hall of Fame should be voted on based upon performance of a player during his era of playing. At retirement he had 121 more catches than anyone preceding him. Until Monk, every WR who had retired as the all-time leading receiver was voted into Canton.

Monk’s personal playoff stats are the best of the bunch. His yards per game, catches per game, and yards per catch numbers beat out those of Chris Carter, Tim Brown, and Andre Reed. Carter and Reed have very small advantages in TDs per game, while Monk beats out Brown even in this category. Playoff TD numbers are close, even though all of these other guys played in passing-first offenses, while Monk’s Redskins teams were power running teams at heart. If you compare each of these guys’ numbers in NFC/AFC Championship games, Monk sweeps ALL categories, outgaining the next best candidate by nearly 40 YARDS a game.

Chris Carter was recently quoted saying, "“I’m a huge Washington Redskins fan and I cannot understand why Art Monk has not been selected for the Hall of Fame. Art was the all-time leading receiver (940 receptions) at one time in his career and won a couple of Super Bowls."

I could go on and on but I won't unless I need to.

Comment

Cris Carter
                          Richard Dent
                          Randy Gradishar
                          Darrell Green
                          Russ Grimm
                          Art Monk
                          Andre Reed
                          Paul Tagliabue
                          Derrick Thomas

These are my finalists. I think it will be:

Carter and Green are def. in.

The other two, ugh. I wouldn't be surprised if Tagliabue and either Thomas or Reed made it as well.
                          Last edited by Shane P. Hallam; 01-16-2008, 12:51 PM.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Actually he had 3 All Pro years (84, 85, and 86) to go with his 3 Super Bowl Rings.

Regular Season: 224gms 940rec 12721yds (13.5ypc) 68tds
                            Postseason: 15gms 69rec 1062yds (15.4ypc) 7tds

At the time of retirement Monk was #1 in all time receptions and is currently ranked #6 all time. It is more significant to me that he was #1 when he retired because I believe that the Hall of Fame should be voted on based upon performance of a player during his era of playing. At retirement he had 121 more catches than anyone preceding him. Until Monk, every WR who had retired as the all-time leading receiver was voted into Canton.

Monk’s personal playoff stats are the best of the bunch. His yards per game, catches per game, and yards per catch numbers beat out those of Chris Carter, Tim Brown, and Andre Reed. Carter and Reed have very small advantages in TDs per game, while Monk beats out Brown even in this category. Playoff TD numbers are close, even though all of these other guys played in passing-first offenses, while Monk’s Redskins teams were power running teams at heart. If you compare each of these guys’ numbers in NFC/AFC Championship games, Monk sweeps ALL categories, outgaining the next best candidate by nearly 40 YARDS a game.

Chris Carter was recently quoted saying, "“I’m a huge Washington Redskins fan and I cannot understand why Art Monk has not been selected for the Hall of Fame. Art was the all-time leading receiver (940 receptions) at one time in his career and won a couple of Super Bowls."

I could go on and on but I won't unless I need to.
                            I don't put as much emphasis on playoff stats as you do. I dunno about some of the other guys but he doesn't beat Tim Brown in many if any of those stats for his career. He also only made 3 (thought it was 2, I was wrong) All Pro teams in a time when they had about a million WRs make it each year.

Comment

Art Monk was never an elite receiver. Most of the people that think he should be in never even saw him play, they're just Redskins fans or people that like stats.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                I don't put as much emphasis on playoff stats as you do. I dunno about some of the other guys but he doesn't beat Tim Brown in many if any of those stats for his career. He also only made 3 (thought it was 2, I was wrong) All Pro teams in a time when they had about a million WRs make it each year.
                                Monk (80-95) 3 Super Bowl Rings
                                224gms 940rec 12721yds (13.5ypc) 68tds

Andre Reed (85-00) ZERO Super Bowl Rings
                                234gms 951rec 13198yds (13.9ypc) 87tds

Chris Carter (87-02) ZERO Super Bowl Rings
                                234gms 1101rec 13899yds (12.6ypc) 130 tds

Tim Brown (88-04 Eligible in 2010) ZERO Super Bowl Rings
                                255gms 1094rec 14934yrds (13.7ypc) 80 tds

In the 80s Monk was without a doubt the best all around WR in the era. He was a big play threat, then a possession receiver, and one of the best blockers youll see at the position. Reed, Carter, and Brown all had incredible careers through the 90s in a much more pass oriented system while Monk played in a run first style offense under Gibbs therefore accounting for his lower TD total

Jerry Rice:

“There’s no doubt [Monk] was one of the best receivers to ever play the game and it’s an honor to break his record,” Rice said. “Art Monk, he was an ideal receiver. The thing I liked about him was that he would show up for every game and go out there and play.”

Bill Polian, President Indianapolis Colts

"I believe he's a Hall of Famer. I was a pro scout when he was playing, so it was my job to know who those guys were. I would put Art in that category, but apparently there are a lot of Hall of Fame voters who don't feel Art Monk was in that category. It's hard for me to believe they ever saw him play."

Bill Parcells (in 1995),

"Monk is headed to Canton downhill on roller skates"

Ronnie Lott, HOF inductee

"Art Monk was an example for Jerry Rice. That's what Jerry always told me.

There's nothing negative to say. He has the numbers, the catches, the championships.

You have a Hall of Fame for all it represents. I know he represents all that it's about. Integrity, love and passion for the game, community, what he gave back. Look how he conducted himself. Nobody I know deserves it more."

If he doesn’t get in it doesn’t make sense.”

Michael Irvin:

Q: Who is not in the Hall of Fame now who should be?

A: Art Monk comes to mind right away.

Jim Kelly:

"Art Monk … I still can’t believe he’s not in.”
                                Last edited by DiG; 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information