No announcement yet.

NFL returns to the United Kingdom in '08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could live with that, would love to see AD in person.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

Comment

Don't be surprised if KC gets the nod.There is renovations going on at Arrowhead and won't be finished til about '09 or '10 so '08 might be the year we get sent overseas

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        In my theory, they don't cover 10,000 seats a game and sell out seven games because of the lack of an eight home game. It may be far fetched, but they end up making more revenue because they make money at the gate in the UK. And they'd maybe/probably make more then if it was in Jacksonville.

And I know they don't play the Pats next year, I was just using it as an example with the two teams mentioned...

I also don't think it will be the Pats any way you slice it because I believe they are making up their China Bowl game in the 2009 preseason and there is a 0% chance the NFL sends the same team overseas twice in the same year.
        I didn't realize the Jaguars get revenue from the game...that sounds better.

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I imagine that they will stick with teams on the east coast, given the travel involved. Maybe stick with the interconference match-up? Also, I doubt the league will be sending over any 4-12 teams.

My guess is that the game will be either Pittsburgh Steelers @ Philadelphia Eagles, or Pittsburgh Steelers @ Washington Redskins.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

it will be east coast teams again probably so teams like, NE, jets, giants, miami, tampa etc

Comment

Great. Got tickets last time, will be pissed if I don't get them again.

Incidentally, the fact that you can charge a lot more for tickets in the UK helps...
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Pls...come to germany/frankfurt

Comment

I think its a little messed up, it takes away one official "home game" for one of those teams, and it better be indoors...im surprised Plaxico didnt break his ankle out there, it looked like they were playing at some playground with no kind of field upkeep going on

Also its kind of forcing teams to go over there which I dont agree with, I guess if they get a bye afterwards its not so bad, but that team still doesnt get to play in front of their home crowd

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                    Pls...come to the Netherlands/Amsterdam
                    improved it for you :)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I dont care, i can go to Amsterdam by Car...GB is a freakin Island

Comment

They should send the Colts/Patriots game over there.

1. That would give the game the two best teams and the two best players of our era.
                        2. A neutral site would be interesting for what seems to always determine home field advantage in the AFC.

If the NFL wants this to be a legitimate event they need to show it by who they send. Everyone knew the Dolphins were going to be a joke, in fact I predicted they would be the worst team in football.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

1. That would give the game the two best teams and the two best players of our era.
                          2. A neutral site would be interesting for what seems to always determine home field advantage in the AFC.

If the NFL wants this to be a legitimate event they need to show it by who they send. Everyone knew the Dolphins were going to be a joke, in fact I predicted they would be the worst team in football.
                          I just don't see any way that will ever, ever, ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post

It would be an interesting scenario, but sadly it won't happen :(

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              In my theory, they don't cover 10,000 seats a game and sell out seven games because of the lack of an eight home game. It may be far fetched, but they end up making more revenue because they make money at the gate in the UK. And they'd maybe/probably make more then if it was in Jacksonville.

And I know they don't play the Pats next year, I was just using it as an example with the two teams mentioned...

I also don't think it will be the Pats any way you slice it because I believe they are making up their China Bowl game in the 2009 preseason and there is a 0% chance the NFL sends the same team overseas twice in the same year.
                              The covers won't be coming off no matter how many tickets we sell.

Comment

I've heard quite a few rumours that the Redskins are being looked at to be one of the teams sent over.

Hope I get luckly and get tickets again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information