Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL returns to the United Kingdom in '08

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • NFL returns to the United Kingdom in '08

    After playing a highly successful game in London last October, the NFL announced that it would return to the United Kingdom for a regular-season game in 2008 as part of the NFL’s International Series of regular-season games.

    “The game in London was undoubtedly one of the highlights of the entire 2007 season,” said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. “The fan interest was tremendous. The passion they demonstrated for our sport that day continued throughout the season, as television viewership in the U.K. has grown by 40 percent since the game. We had an overwhelmingly positive response to the event from all involved – the teams, our sponsors and business partners and of course the fans themselves. We look forward to another spectacular event in 2008.”

    Details about the game -– including the venue and competing teams -– are expected to be confirmed during Super Bowl week (Jan. 28-Feb. 3) in Arizona.
    Full story: http://www.nfl.com/international/sto...o&confirm=true



    Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

  • #2
    It better not be the Giants again. Those conditions were just not safe for NFL players. I say make the Pats play there.


    Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm going to guess it will be at the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, mainly, it has a retractable roof, has had rugby games played there, holds 80,000 or so, seems ideal.

      XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

      Comment


      • #4
        If the Saints are going, I think I would have to try and get a ticket :)



        Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

        Comment


        • #5
          Yea as long as it is played indoors this time it should be another success. Football in the UK is quietly booming it seems and hopefully they put together a better matchup for the fans there. If the Pats go 19-0 that would be one ideal team.

          Comment


          • #6
            screw the pats. that would just be another week i have to watch them. i hope the pats don't go. i'm tired of watching them.


            Silverback....still the best.

            +rep to Jakey for the sig

            Comment


            • #7
              hmm Im not a big fan of this but whatever.

              Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                hmm Im not a big fan of this but whatever.
                You do realise the Packers are coming over, right?

                JK, I have no idea who would be brought over, for some reason I'm thinking Oakland lol.

                XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                Comment


                • #9
                  The Giants, Dolphins, and the teams that are still in the playoffs have a free pass for not going.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    im also not a big fan of this: i am a giants fan and seeing them play on that HORRIBLY kept field was sickening. its made for soccer so the field was all slick and the players were sliding from one end to the other, it was a joke. i think the NATIONAL football league, should stay that way

                    sig by jkpigskin

                    2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                    2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                      The Giants, Dolphins, and the teams that are still in the playoffs have a free pass for not going.
                      The Packers and the Pats definitely do not have a free pass. If anything it might be more probable to see one of them go because of popularity.


                      Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                        You do realise the Packers are coming over, right?

                        JK, I have no idea who would be brought over, for some reason I'm thinking Oakland lol.
                        Any positive exposure for the Raiders is always good I guess. They will probably decide based mostly on team popularity in UK like they did last time.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          oakland would be too far of a fly.


                          Silverback....still the best.

                          +rep to Jakey for the sig

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                            The Packers and the Pats definitely do not have a free pass. If anything it might be more probable to see one of them go because of popularity.
                            They would be road games then. No chance in hell they take away a home game from either of those teams.

                            I could see them putting a Jacksonville home game there (no offense to the Jaguar fans).

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jay View Post
                              They would be road games then. No chance in hell they take away a home game from either of those teams.

                              I could see them putting a Jacksonville home game there (no offense to the Jaguar fans).
                              The NFL really wants this game to be another success to continue building on so putting a relatively unknown team over there wouldnt be the best idea.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information