Bills DE Anthony Hargrove fails another drug test

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bills DE Anthony Hargrove fails another drug test

He is an unrestricted free agent this off-season and now faces a possible year long suspension.

In the wake of the Sirius NFL radio report that Anthony Hargrove violated the league's substance abuse policy I looked back at some of his comments when I spoke to him at locker clean out day knowing he was going to be an unrestricted free agent. He was hoping to re-sign with the Bills.

“Yeah definitely," said Hargrove. "This team is my first option. If they definitely want to bring me back I’m happy to be here. It’s just a matter of taking every day and see what happens.”

But reading into some of his comments further, you wonder if he knew what was potentially awaiting him down the line. When I asked him about his future on locker cleanout day he said.

“I’m just going to take it as it goes. I’m not going to dwell too much on it. We’ll see what happens. If I get picked up, I get picked up.”

You wonder if he was talking about free agency or something else.
    Sources:
    http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=2824
    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2816

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Many Bills fans liked him, because he brought a lot of energy to the field.
    He was always pumped up about playing.

I hope we retain him, and he isnt suspended for the whole season. He was a good player for us.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Sucks, some people don't learn.

Comment

****!!! My god, when will people learn. I liked HArgrove with the Bills because he played with such energy and enthusiasm, but wasnt a jerk at the same time. I think hes done with the Bills, and probably faces at least 1/2 a year suspension.

Comment

Wait, roids or pot or what?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

ahhhhhhh dammit
            He had issues but it was hard not to like him. Sucks to see this, but it's his own fault. Energetic off the bench and on the sideline, but also a total idiot. Dammit, Tony

Comment

and 'biggets FA idiot to date' award goes to....

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

He is now suspended for the 2008-09 season

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5834

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

well, what a waste

some being 6'2 270lbs and run a 4.6 forty
                  seems like weed was his favorite thing to do

too bad, i really liked him, and he was a good role player

Comment

i hope we resign him dirt cheap...make him go to rehab or sumthing.

Comment

Originally posted by ABWA757 View Post
                      i hope we resign him dirt cheap...make him go to rehab or sumthing.
                      absolutely no point in resigning a guy for dirt cheap who will have zero affect on the team.

Comment

If he can't respect the game enough to lay off the drugs or alcohol or whatever, he shouldn't play. Very disappointing.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information