No announcement yet.

Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe the Giants are in the Super Bowl, I think its pretty exciting. If its anything like that week 17 game it should be a great Super Bowl.
    Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
      Hopefully the second-best quarterback in the game gets his first ring, the most overrated player in NFL history doesn't need another championship to make him look better than he is.
      No, his stats do a good job of that. Actually, I stand corrected, they don't do a good enough job of showing just how great he is.

But hey, give Peyton Manning the WR's Tom Brady has had to throw to before this year and his numbers wouldn't look so hot either...

Comment

I GUARANTEE A GIANTS VICTORY. I HAVE MORE THAN A FEELING THAT THE GIANTS WILL WIN.

GIANTS 27
        patriots 24

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          Eh, considering people haven't given us a shot against any team these past few weeks (maybe with the exception of Tampa, but even then) I'm quite fine with everyone picking the Patriots.

Just gives our team a big chip on their shoulder while the Patriots are kicking back and relaxing.
          u dont really believe this do u
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

well i just won 150 bucks on the giants game. soo i guess you can say im a lil excited. im going to bet 5 large that the giants take home to ring(s).

giants - 31
            pats - 27

SHOCKER!!!!!

Hitman D

Comment

This is crazy. BF51 said it, no way are you guys NOT gonna watch it. It's the super bowl.

And keep hating the Giants. I mean, weren't we supposed to be destined for a top 10 pick? Didn't we have no shot at the Cowboys or Packers? It's ok guys, it's ok. Keep mourning. I give the Packers fans a pass because their season ended about an hour ago. Some fans just haven't faced the fact there team lost, and isn't good enough to be in.

Also, why do the Giants have no shot? Same reasons they didn't against the Pack and Cowboys right? It'll be a blowout, but it wouldn't have been if the Packers or Cowboys, both of whom lost to the Giants, were in? perfect sense.

Also, the Giants are on fire on the road, and the 2 teams they lost to in the regular season and played in the playoffs, the Giants won. Guess what? teh Giants lost to the pats in the regular season.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.
                Last edited by Geo; 01-20-2008, 10:34 PM.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by tEk View Post
                  well i just won 150 bucks on the giants game. soo i guess you can say im a lil excited. im going to bet 5 large that the giants take home to ring(s).

giants - 31
                  pats - 27

SHOCKER!!!!!
                  i hope you mean 5 large one dollar bills or else you might be in trouble
                  http://old.irishsports.com/stories/s...9/19/quinn.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by VPF View Post
                    i hope you mean 5 large one dollar bills or else you might be in trouble
                    i don't think so, and if i lose it aint no thing. just jazzed the giants are finally putting ish together.

Hitman D

Comment

The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.
                      You're a very smart poster, but this is pure hyperbole, and something that I question you would be making if you weren't a Colts/Manning fan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                        I can; your constant defense over the Patriots' bull****.
                        OK Ewing...listen.

How are we (as Pats fan) wrong to defend our team when we have been perfect this year? Do I need to give you a run down of everything we have done this year? No team has gone 18-0 in NFL history and we just did it today. I know it means nothing if they lose the SB in 2 weeks, but you get my point.

Call it, BS if you want, but it is what you wish the Titans could have. Dont deny it. You know its true. Put yourself in our position as fans of the best team in the league, and tell me you woul handle yourself differently. Please, enough of the BS talk.

Comment

As a Cowboys fan I think the Giants have a good chance of winning this game. They've wanted it more than any team in the playoffs and have actually played with the 'win or go home' mentality. They're playing the best ball they have when it counts, the playoffs. The Patriots just do not look as impressive as they were in the regular season. Oh yea, and Tom Brady is over-rated.

Comment

This is a very depressing superbowl. I want both teams to lose, I might not even watch it.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Hopefully the second-best quarterback in the game gets his first ring, the most overrated player in NFL history doesn't need another championship to make him look better than he is.
                              Didn't Manning's team lose last week? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
                                This is a very depressing superbowl. I want both teams to lose, I might not even watch it.
                                LOL.

Packers' fans.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information