Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geo View Post
    The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.
    Thats funny. Because it just last week Manning faced the same Chargers team and didn't quite come out with the same outcome that Brady did. I believe they both tossed 3 INT's, so you Manning vs Brady argument on this on is useless.

Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanGENE View Post
      LOL.

Packers' fans.
      Well I've hated the Patriots for years, and I didn't like the Giants much and now they beat us, so there isn't much to look forward to.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.
        Now that is going to do some serious boat rocking. And god it is nice to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
          Thats funny. Because it just last week Manning faced the same Chargers team and didn't quite come out with the same outcome that Brady did. I believe they both tossed 3 INT's, so you Manning vs Brady argument on this on is useless.

Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.
          Peyton threw 2 INTs, not 3. Both of those INTs were deflections.

Colts didn't play well last week as a team, Peyton was acctually one of the few bright spots.

In the Pats-Chargers game, on the other hand, Brady didn't have a great game, but his team kicked @$$.

Comment

Originally posted by umphrey View Post
            Well I've hated the Patriots for years, and I didn't like the Giants much and now they beat us, so there isn't much to look forward to.
            I hate them both, and a pure hatred for the Giants and their fan base. As a NFL fan it's the biggest game of the year and the last(meaningful). Get your last football fix while you still can.

Comment

Please don't compare Manning's performance last week to Brady's from last year, because really, Manning's was on another level. And by the way, he only threw 2 ints, both on tipped passes.

And what are these 'obvious excuses'? The fact his coaching staff, special teams and defense were on a different level? They may be obvious, but they're pretty damn legitimate.

Other then that i'm done with this, i hate this argument, cause really, is anyone actually going to change their opinion on these two guys?

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                Please don't compare Manning's performance last week to Brady's from last year, because really, Manning's was on another level. And by the way, he only threw 2 ints, both on tipped passes.

And what are these 'obvious excuses'? The fact his coaching staff, special teams and defense were on a different level? They may be obvious, but they're pretty damn legitimate.

Other then that i'm done with this, i hate this argument, cause really, is anyone actually going to change their opinion on these two guys?
                OK, well the tipped passes argument can only fo so far. Remember when the Pats hosted the Colts at Foxboro mid season last year, and Brady threw 3 picks? Remember how all 3 were tipped? AH, you forgot. Exactly, it works both ways. I dont care, say what you want, Brady has won it with WR who would not have made the team in IND, and RB who are worse than James Mungro, along with a TE that runs a slower 40 than Jeff Saturday.

Calling Brady out for this game is rediculous. People call him out for this game, yet what he did last week against and arguably better defense, going dam near perfect doens justify anything? Especially for all you haters calling him for locking on to Moss, who only had ONE, 1, catch that game? Please explain that one.

Comment

I'd say the Giants have an advantage in the run game, thats it.

Comment

OK, well the tipped passes argument can only fo so far. Remember when the Pats hosted the Colts at Foxboro mid season last year, and Brady threw 3 picks? Remember how all 3 were tipped? AH, you forgot. Exactly, it works both ways. I dont care, say what you want, Brady has won it with WR who would not have made the team in IND, and RB who are worse than James Mungro, along with a TE that runs a slower 40 than Jeff Saturday.

Calling Brady out for this game is rediculous. People call him out for this game, yet what he did last week against and arguably better defense, going dam near perfect doens justify anything? Especially for all you haters calling him for locking on to Moss, who only had ONE, 1, catch that game? Please explain that one.
                    Mannings weren't even tipped. They were flat out dropped.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Pats going to win in a blowout giants got lucky during the regular season IMO

Comment

Are you still talking to me? Because i'm pretty sure not one thing after your first sentence has anything to do with what i was saying.

And i am aware that tipped passes that go for ints happen to every qb in the league, i just noted that because you were trying to compare a good qb performance to a bad one.

And please don't say 'Brady has won it with less'. That is one of the most frustrating comments to hear in all of sports, cause believe it or not, the rest of the team may have had something to do with those wins as well.

In conclusion i have one thing to say, your argumentative stylings are similar to that of a brick.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                          Dropped or tipped are essentially the same thing. The control of the ball are out of the QB's hands. All Im saying is that if your gonna save Manning's grace like that, do the same for Brady.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            I guarantee 90% of the linemen in the league have better hands than Kenton Keith.

Comment

I would like for both teams to lose as well. Im sick of the Pats and all the superbowls they have won in recent years. I hope the Giants pull another upset and ruin the Pats perfect season, it would make my day. Do I think the Giants can pull another upset, I dont know but I'll give them a chance because they have really stepped up there play lately.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                                Are you still talking to me? Because i'm pretty sure not one thing after your first sentence has anything to do with what i was saying.

And i am aware that tipped passes that go for ints happen to every qb in the league, i just noted that because you were trying to compare a good qb performance to a bad one.

And please don't say 'Brady has won it with less'. That is one of the most frustrating comments to hear in all of sports, cause believe it or not, the rest of the team may have had something to do with those wins as well.

In conclusion i have one thing to say, your argumentative stylings are similar to that of a brick.
                                Say what want. Take from what you want.

All I can say, is that if Manning is that great, why isnt he where Brady is?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information