Super Bowl XLII: New England Patriots vs. New York Giants

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
    I guarantee 90% of the linemen in the league have better hands than Kenton Keith.
    Typical Colts fan answer. Tries to find a way around everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
      Say what want. Take from what you want.

All I can say, is that if Manning is that great, why isnt he where Brady is?
      What i said has just about as much to do with my my senile grandmother as it does Peyton Manning

Comment

Dropped or tipped are essentially the same thing. The control of the ball are out of the QB's hands. All Im saying is that if your gonna save Manning's grace like that, do the same for Brady.
        On tipped passes the blame can be put on the QB, he didn't put it in the right place. When you hit the receiver in BOTH hands you are given a pass on that INT.

If you put Manning on the Patriots, they win just as many Super Bowls. If you put Brady on the Colts they are a completely different team.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

2 Years, 2 Super Bowl rings for the Manning's.

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
            On tipped passes the blame can be put on the QB, he didn't put it in the right place. When you hit the receiver in BOTH hands you are given a pass on that INT.

If you put Manning on the Patriots, they win just as many Super Bowls. If you put Brady on the Colts they are a completely different team.
            I disagree. Brady has shown he can make plays. And plenty of them he can make. When he is called upon to throw the ball x number of times he will. Most of the time, prior to this year, it wasnt necessary for him to throw as many times. Was it as necessary for Manning to throw that many times in a game? Prob not. I think if they ran the ball more, they would have been just fine, no different than they did finish.

Comment

Eh, I think there's a few things people shouldn't get confused about. While yes, there are some Giants fans who are utterly annoying, you get that with any teams fans. If there's one thing I've learned, don't base a fan base of what the media depicts or the fact you've had a bad run in with a couple of that teams fans.

Is it our fault that the media over hypes the Boston and New York sports teams? Not at all, really.

I really don't see what the problem is. I think this is going to be a great Super Bowl, but maybe it's because my team is in it. I look at it like the Undefeated vs the Underdog. Your typical, David vs Goliath plot. How will it end? I have no idea, but that's why they play the games.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by 7-11 View Post
                What i said has just about as much to do with my my senile grandmother as it does Peyton Manning
                Are you not comprehending? Im pretty sure that this is a debate about Brady and Manning.

Comment

Typical Colts fan answer. Tries to find a way around everything.
                  Excuse the language, but what the **** are you talking about? I was not making excuses or 'finding away around everything', whatever that may be. I was simply stating Kenton Keith catches like Stephen Hawking.

Comment

I'm not going to go into a specific argument on every little detail, because it looks like I've helped deliver a Manning/Brady debate into the SB XLII thread, but I'll respond to this:

Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.
                    The answer to the above: Bill Belichick. An additional answer as for why Manning only has one ring so far: Tony Dungy.

Regardless, it's Giants and Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. Both teams put on a very good game in Week 17, when both coaches wisely played their starters for the full game with full effort. Hopefully they do the same in the rematch, inside a great stadium in Arizona.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Are you not comprehending? Im pretty sure that this is a debate about Brady and Manning.
                      Geo said Tom Brady was overrated, you brought up a terrible sample(which wasn't even correct) and compared him to Peyton Manning, i said you were wrong, which you were, than you called me a typical Colts fan. Forgive me, but i'm struggling to see how this is a Manning v Brady debate.

Oh wait, maybe it's the fact it's in a superbowl thread....oh sorry, that just makes you even more wrong.

Comment

as a Jets fan this game really just makes me sick..I hate both teams so much

^^Sig From Nvot9
                        J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

you're all on crack, brady lives off of the d and the leg of his kicker, which leads me to my next point. no vinatieri no bowl.

Hitman D

Comment

Bye week: hurts or helps the Giants? Belichick now has two weeks' worth of preparation, we've seen what he does with that, but the Giants played three straight road playoff games and can get healthier.

Thoughts?

Comment

How are people calling a blowout when the last game was a 3 point difference?

I'm pulling for NY but I hate Eli.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know wtf Vegas is thinking with the 14-point spread it released tonight (according to ESPN News). That's lunacy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information