Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Better Off Without Tiki & Shockey?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
    Just liek you said, 4 touchdowns in 3 games. Game-manager, plain and simple. I will admit he has played well over the past 3 games, but we will see next season. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, I haven't pulled out the anointing oil yet.
    If you are just going to call someone a game manager because of the amount of TDs one has thrown in a 3 game span then you might be even less knowledgable than your rep would indicate.

I'm with you on the annointing oil though. Manning was never as bad as many wanted to think he was, but as a #1 pick I wanted more at this point. I wanna see this carry over into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
      Sometimes it takes players a while to develop. Especially at quarterback. Eli has played lights out in three straight road games in the postseason. Four touchdowns and no turnovers. That's pretty darn impressive. The defense has been good in the playoffs, but so has the Giants offense. It's been quite balanced. And his career hasn't been that bad. He just helped get his ball club to the Super Bowl, the hard way. I'd say he's justified his stock. He got there before his brother did, that's for sure, and if he can beat the Patriots in two weeks, then his legacy is sealed.
      his legacy? Youre being sarcsatic, right?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
        I think the difference has been having Steve Smith healthy in the slot. Slot reciever has become more important in today's NFL than tight end. When you've got a great route runner in the slot like both Super Bowl teams have, the QB becomes way more efficient. Teams would rather not play 5 DB's constantly, but they're forced to when you have an effective slot reciever. Fullback and every down tight end, those are becoming dinosaur positions in today's NFL. It's all about shotgun, single back, three wide recievers and situational tight ends.
        That and Tiki Barber. Im still debating internally about Shockey. But theres no question we're better without Tiki Barber.

Ive said all offseason that our run game is the product of our oline and scheme. Our run game didn't miss a beat when Tiki was gone. What i was worried about, and still am critical of on the field is what we lost in Tiki in the PASS game, not the run. We lost an extra dimension on the field in the pass game, but it looks like Bradshaw will replace him very nicely in that regards.

Our oline and scheme make our run game. We had a RBC with different faces all season step in and produce. Thats why RBs are so overrated. Its all about your lines. Tomlinson/ADs only show up once every 4 years. Everyone else is nothing without a good oline in front of them.

As for Tiki being a cancer, its obvious how the team's mentality and refusal to quit and support each other changed when he left. He was a cancer to our team, as well as Jim Finn, and Luke Petitgout. All of them are gone. And good riddance.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
          I think he's a game manager. A pretty good one, but he's not being asked to go out and really attack the secondary anymore. Big difference from years past in my eyes and even games earlier in the season.
          Game managers don't throw it 40 times in the NFC championship game....

Comment

Just liek you said, 4 touchdowns in 3 games. Game-manager, plain and simple. I will admit he has played well over the past 3 games, but we will see next season. In the immortal words of Bill Parcells, I haven't pulled out the anointing oil yet.
            keep crying about it. it makes the season that much more satisfying. btw, so....how many TDs did Romo throw in the playoffs?

but then again, he only played one game so we can't knock him for that....

Comment

please gimme a break. eli makes downfield throws and takes what the defense gives him. Chad pennington managed games by throwing no pass for more than 7-8 yards. Eli threw the ball 40x for 250 yards in -4 degree weather, i would hardly call that game managing. He's making smart decisions but he is not afraid to throw the ball 30 yards ie several passes to plaxico yesterday. you dont know football

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

As of right not, I am 100% SOLD THAT TIKI BARBER WAS THE PROBLEM WITH THE NEW YORK GIANTS!

When I look at the make up of this team, it really resembles the 2004 Red Sox. Just a bunch of guys who are having fun, who are just playing football.

Tiki seemed to have nothing good to say about anyone in this organization. Yes, he was a great talent, but Im much more sold on working as a team, than indy talent.

Even, watching Barber on TV makes him look too cocky, or too sure of himself. And plus, we all saw that the minute he got into the booth, he went right after Eli. Tell you anything? Not to mention he has seemed to call out Coghlin and Strahan laready. Two guys on that team who you realy dont want to call out.

Comment

I almost want the Giants to win a ring so Tiki can feel like a loser for retiring, and maybe he realizes he was holding the team back

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

the only thing about the Giants making the Suberbowl that makes me happy is that it was a big you know what to Tiki. Maybe now Tiki will shut his mouth and stop acting like his crap don't stink. He badmouthed them and basically pumped himself up, and they shoved it back in his face. I'd like the media or a player to say something about that. Tiki deserves anything he gets, he's a bum.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                    You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

You do not get better by losing two great players. Period.

Tiki was one of the greatest Giants ever. There is no room for any Giant fan to criticize him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny View Post

Tiki was one of the greatest Giants ever. There is no room for any Giant fan to criticize him.
                        You never heard of addition by subtraction? Football isn't a game where the team with the most "talent" wins every year. I use the word "talent" loosely, because i feel its the most ridiculous thing to discuss in regards to football. This isn't Madden, and this isn't baseball. Thats not how football works. Its a team game. What goes on in the lockerroom can't be measured. Why do you think its always teams with great chemistry and character that always go far in the playoffs? Its no coincidence.

Sometimes what you gain off the field outweighs what you lost on the field. I think this is an example of one of those situations.

Comment

Tiki was one of the greatest Giants ever after Tom Coughlin came here. There is no room for any Giant fan to criticize him.
                          Before that Tiki was just a very good player. Coughlin made him great. Tiki was a great player but he wasn't a great Giant. We've learned that since he left from players' accounts.

Comment

Better off without Tiki? Absolutely.

Better off without Shockey? Absolutely not.

Congrats to the Giants... They came away with something from this season... NFC Champions. Without that win yesterday, this season wouldn't have meant much more than any other playoff loser. IMO, only SB, Conference and Division Champions come away with anything positive to build off of for next year.

Comment

but he can criticize anyone he wants? Wake up and smell the coffee

You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

D-Unit, that sig picture is gross

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information