Chances Favre Returns Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

98.735 percent.

The 1.265% accounts for if a family crisis, off-season injury, or assassination occurs. All things equal, he comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by BeansDooma View Post
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
      Thats a good one, I think the answer is Rodgers.

+rep

Originally posted by BeansDooma
      who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
        Yesterday he looked cold and sad.
        So what was the excuse in Dallas in the regular sesson?
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Favre bitched about the cold at Soldier field this year and he looked like a sissy girl out there on Sunday. Eli Manning didn't seem to be too effected by it...ELI FREAKING MANNING. The guy who looks lost every time he steps up to the line. Come on now...

Btw, 100% chance Brett comes back. Pimpin' needs to retire IMO but he won't.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
            Jessica Simpson shaking her taters distracted him.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Everyone has bad games. Peyton Manning had 6 freaking interceptions in one game, should he retire because of that?

Comment

... in a rainy mess, with only Reggie Wayne as his remaining receiver, and also missing both starting tackles. Favre didn't face anything close to that.

I'm not sure what the point of that mention was exactly, GB.

Comment

... in a rainy mess, with only Reggie Wayne as his remaining receiver, and also missing both starting tackles. Favre didn't face anything close to that.

I'm not sure what the point of that mention was exactly, GB.
                  The point is that everyone has a bad game once in a while. How about looking at the whole picture instead of just the games he didn't play well in. He was a top 5 QB in 2007; his play isn't a reason to retire.

Comment

I'm not outright saying Favre should retire, and I don't think I said that. Even if Aaron Rodgers is the better quarterback on the roster, which I wonder if he might, for what Favre has done for the franchise he has earned the right to still be the starter. And as you said, he had a very good regular season overall.

It's just that instead of playing well in playoff atmosphere, he regressed to being a big liability to the Packers this season (in Dallas in the regular season, and this past weekend against the Giants). If I were a Packers fan, I'd be seriously concerned with that. This isn't the NFC of a few years ago, you're going to have to get through at least one good team even with the bye. And maybe Ryan Grant and the defense can lead the way, but you're going to need your quarterback to win the game at least once if not more to win a championship.

It's one thing to start off poorly and get himself together as the game wears on, but that's not happening with Favre. In the Dallas game, he was plain bad until Rodgers replaced him and then the Packers took off with Rodgers properly executing their offense, and in the Giants game Favre got worse as the game wore on and the pressure mounted. The Donald Driver touchdown was awesome, no doubt, but really credit to Driver for the great YAC and score. That pick Favre threw in overtime ... surely we can agree that was a terrible pass to make. Probably worse than the one he threw in 2004 in overtime against the Eagles that cost them that game, the 4th and 26 game. A game where Favre started out with a very good first quarter, and then didn't do much of anything afterwards. There's a trend here.

He played well against Seattle the week before, but one could very well argue that the Seahawks were easily the worst team playing on divisional playoffs weekend and that Ryan Grant's monster game helped prevent Favre from potentially choking the game away. McCarthy has him not throwing footwork and decision-making out the window, and instead executing the offense very well, but now he's got to help him do that in big games.

Maybe Favre can turn it for the better in 08, as I definitely think he's coming back and he should just end the unnecessary drama by saying so. I'll be interested to see if he does, and I hope Colts @ Packers is the first SNF game of the season because that's an awesome game to have on opening weekend.

Comment

i like brett farve but im gettin tired of this every year, let aaron takeover this was ur best shot at another title but if he wants to come back he has every right to and i'd bet he does

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Favre will be back. He's a highlander as far as I'm concerned. Every time I see him walk onto the field Queen's "Princes of the Universe" plays in my head.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                          Favre bitched about the cold at Soldier field this year and he looked like a sissy girl out there on Sunday. Eli Manning didn't seem to be too effected by it...ELI FREAKING MANNING. The guy who looks lost every time he steps up to the line. Come on now...

Btw, 100% chance Brett comes back. Pimpin' needs to retire IMO but he won't.
                          ELI MANNING WAS 21-40!!! Barely even 50%. He didn't have a TD pass. I don't understand why everyone thinks he played a great game. He played decent. He managed the game and didn't make any mistakes.
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not outright saying Favre should retire, and I don't think I said that. Even if Aaron Rodgers is the better quarterback on the roster, which I wonder if he might, for what Favre has done for the franchise he has earned the right to still be the starter. And as you said, he had a very good regular season overall.

It's just that instead of playing well in playoff atmosphere, he regressed to being a big liability to the Packers this season (in Dallas in the regular season, and this past weekend against the Giants). If I were a Packers fan, I'd be seriously concerned with that. This isn't the NFC of a few years ago, you're going to have to get through at least one good team even with the bye. And maybe Ryan Grant and the defense can lead the way, but you're going to need your quarterback to win the game at least once if not more to win a championship.

It's one thing to start off poorly and get himself together as the game wears on, but that's not happening with Favre. In the Dallas game, he was plain bad until Rodgers replaced him and then the Packers took off with Rodgers properly executing their offense, and in the Giants game Favre got worse as the game wore on and the pressure mounted. The Donald Driver touchdown was awesome, no doubt, but really credit to Driver for the great YAC and score. That pick Favre threw in overtime ... surely we can agree that was a terrible pass to make. Probably worse than the one he threw in 2004 in overtime against the Eagles that cost them that game, the 4th and 26 game. A game where Favre started out with a very good first quarter, and then didn't do much of anything afterwards. There's a trend here.

He played well against Seattle the week before, but one could very well argue that the Seahawks were easily the worst team playing on divisional playoffs weekend and that Ryan Grant's monster game helped prevent Favre from potentially choking the game away. McCarthy has him not throwing footwork and decision-making out the window, and instead executing the offense very well, but now he's got to help him do that in big games.

Maybe Favre can turn it for the better in 08, as I definitely think he's coming back and he should just end the unnecessary drama by saying so. I'll be interested to see if he does, and I hope Colts @ Packers is the first SNF game of the season because that's an awesome game to have on opening weekend.
                            Driver had his guy beat on that interception, Favre just threw it behind him. The Packers rushed the ball 13 times. You can't do that against the Giants. Their pass rush is too good. Even if the run isn't working you have to keep trying, especially when you are down by one score.

Favre is not to blame for this loss. 29 rushing yards on 13 attempts is why the Packers lost. Favre isn't the Favre of the mid 90's. Unfortunately he can't carry the team by himself anymore. Neither of his INTs were typical Favre INTs. Neither were bad choices, they were just bad passes.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                              ELI MANNING WAS 21-40!!! Barely even 50%. He didn't have a TD pass. I don't understand why everyone thinks he played a great game. He played decent. He managed the game and didn't make any mistakes.
                              Eli threw some good passes that were dropped, a few by Amani Toomer of course, and Burress' big drop before halftime that kept at least 3 points off the board. In the second half alone Eli and the Giants engineered two touchdown drives and two other drives that resulted in missed field goals.

The only scores the Packers were able to muster in 2nd half of the game: a 3rd quarter touchdown-scoring drive thanks to a 49-yard kickoff return; and a 4th quarter field goal thanks to RW McDumbass fumbling the first Favre interception and Green Bay recovering in field goal range.

Comment

Eli threw some good passes that were dropped, a few by Amani Toomer of course, and Burress' big drop before halftime that kept at least 3 points off the board. In the second half alone Eli and the Giants engineered two touchdown drives and two other drives that resulted in missed field goals.

The only scores the Packers were able to muster in 2nd half of the game: a 3rd quarter touchdown-scoring drive thanks to a 49-yard kickoff return; and a 4th quarter field goal thanks to RW McDumbass fumbling the first Favre interception and Green Bay recovering in field goal range.
                                He also had a couple INTs that were dropped. He had a good game but some people are making it out like he had a game for the ages.
                                Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information