Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chances Favre Returns Next Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by someone447 View Post
    ELI MANNING WAS 21-40!!! Barely even 50%. He didn't have a TD pass. I don't understand why everyone thinks he played a great game. He played decent. He managed the game and didn't make any mistakes.
    Get out of it, he was brilliant.

    Comment


    • #32
      I'm gonna have to agree. The Giants won primarily because of their defense. The fact that Eli is getting so much credit just reinforces the media's desire to make everything about the quarterback.

      Eli had a running game. Favre didn't.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        I'm gonna have to agree. The Giants won primarily because of their defense. The fact that Eli is getting so much credit just reinforces the media's desire to make everything about the quarterback.

        Eli had a running game. Favre didn't.
        Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch football. Defense and a running game wins championships. The reason the Packers lost this game was because of their lack of a running game.
        I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
        Hunter S. Thompson

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by someone447 View Post
          ELI MANNING WAS 21-40!!! Barely even 50%. He didn't have a TD pass. I don't understand why everyone thinks he played a great game. He played decent. He managed the game and didn't make any mistakes.
          he had 8 dropped passes. and 21-40 in those conditions aren't exactly bad either.

          outside of 2 passes, Favre did much worse in comparison. Heck, even including those 2 TD passes he did fairly worse. This is Brett Favre we're talking about. One of the GOATs. For Eli to outplay him speaks volumes about how well he did.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by someone447 View Post
            Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch football. Defense and a running game wins championships. The reason the Packers lost this game was because of their lack of a running game.
            not everyone has a chance you arrogant idiot. Stop acting like you're the king of football.

            Sig by Fenikz

            I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I'm gonna have to agree. The Giants won primarily because of their defense. The fact that Eli is getting so much credit just reinforces the media's desire to make everything about the quarterback.

              Eli had a running game. Favre didn't.
              This is absolutely true. I think our defense's development is a huge reason why Eli doesn't force the ball like he used to. He has faith that our defense can make a stop now.

              We don't make it to the SB without our defense this year. More importantly, without Spags.

              But to say Eli played poorly or just ok is not correct either. Considering the cirumstances, I think he's played well. In fact, he's had a better postseason than any qb in the playoffs if you want to throw stats around. (although i hate doing that, so i will cede any valid points to disprove me).

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                Thank you. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch football. Defense and a running game wins championships. The reason the Packers lost this game was because of their lack of a running game.
                we threw it 40 times. its not like we lived and died with our run game either. We put the ball in Eli's hands to win us the game. He did. Its not like he threw it 18 times and drove the bus. Far from that.

                Eli threw it more than Favre did. Eli completed more 3rd and longs than Favre did (which makes your run game stat invalid because they both go against nickel defenses on 3rd and long).

                Eli played a good game.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  we threw it 40 times. its not like we lived and died with our run game either. We put the ball in Eli's hands to win us the game. He did. Its not like he threw it 18 times and drove the bus. Far from that.

                  Eli threw it more than Favre did. Eli completed more 3rd and longs than Favre did (which makes your run game stat invalid because they both go against nickel defenses on 3rd and long).

                  Eli played a good game.
                  I never said he didn't play a good game. I said he didn't play the great game that everyone else has been saying he did.

                  More important than Eli Manning throwing the ball 40 times is they still ran in 39 times. Favre threw it 35 times and the Packers ran the ball 13 times. The Giants offense was balanced. The Packers were not.
                  I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                  Hunter S. Thompson

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Addict View Post
                    not everyone has a chance you arrogant idiot. Stop acting like you're the king of football.
                    What the hell was that? Anyone that said Eli Manning played a great game is deluded. He played well. He managed the game. He was impressive for Eli Manning.
                    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                    Hunter S. Thompson

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      he had 8 dropped passes. and 21-40 in those conditions aren't exactly bad either.

                      outside of 2 passes, Favre did much worse in comparison. Heck, even including those 2 TD passes he did fairly worse. This is Brett Favre we're talking about. One of the GOATs. For Eli to outplay him speaks volumes about how well he did.
                      Ya, Manning outplayed Favre. Favre didn't have a very good game.
                      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        He's a greedy selfish player. We all know he wants to be known as the greatest QB ever. GIVE AARON RODGERS A CHANCE ALREADY. Any1 see the post-game conference? He said "We didn't do enough to win the game." He was the one who threw the pick in overtime. And one lucky pass play got him 80+ yards.
                        Jets, Mets, Knicks, and the U's too cool for uze

                        Sig by, Hitman D

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by katnip View Post
                          He's a greedy selfish player. We all know he wants to be known as the greatest QB ever. GIVE AARON RODGERS A CHANCE ALREADY. Any1 see the post-game conference? He said "We didn't do enough to win the game." He was the one who threw the pick in overtime. And one lucky pass play got him 80+ yards.
                          Are You serious you dont just retire after 18 years to give another guy a chance...and Favre is the first one to tell you that he is not the best ever...He always comments about how Marino is the best ever and when he broke his record he couldnt stop giving marino credit for how great he was...Thats ridiculous katnip

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by katnip View Post
                            He's a greedy selfish player. We all know he wants to be known as the greatest QB ever. GIVE AARON RODGERS A CHANCE ALREADY. Any1 see the post-game conference? He said "We didn't do enough to win the game." He was the one who threw the pick in overtime. And one lucky pass play got him 80+ yards.
                            Tell me what QB will succeed when his RB has 13 carries for 29 yards. "We" includes him. He hit DD in stride on that long pass, how was it "lucky."

                            Why should he give Aaron Rodgers a chance when he is better than him? If not for Brady's incredible year, Favre may have had his 4th MVP. Favre played amazing this year.

                            He does want to be known as the best ever. You don't make the NFL much less have an 18 year career without that drive. I would be worried if he didn't want to go down as the best ever. You don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady want to retire with people considering them the best ever? You're an idiot.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by katnip View Post
                              He's a greedy selfish player. We all know he wants to be known as the greatest QB ever. GIVE AARON RODGERS A CHANCE ALREADY. Any1 see the post-game conference? He said "We didn't do enough to win the game." He was the one who threw the pick in overtime. And one lucky pass play got him 80+ yards.
                              Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                              Tell me what QB will succeed when his RB has 13 carries for 29 yards. "We" includes him. He hit DD in stride on that long pass, how was it "lucky."

                              Why should he give Aaron Rodgers a chance when he is better than him? If not for Brady's incredible year, Favre may have had his 4th MVP. Favre played amazing this year.

                              He does want to be known as the best ever. You don't make the NFL much less have an 18 year career without that drive. I would be worried if he didn't want to go down as the best ever. You don't think Peyton Manning or Tom Brady want to retire with people considering them the best ever? You're an idiot.

                              I would have to second that.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by katnip View Post
                                He's a greedy selfish player. We all know he wants to be known as the greatest QB ever. GIVE AARON RODGERS A CHANCE ALREADY. Any1 see the post-game conference? He said "We didn't do enough to win the game." He was the one who threw the pick in overtime. And one lucky pass play got him 80+ yards.
                                Well you clearly think it was unfair to Aaron that Favre starts ahead of him, but was it fair to Favre that the Packer organization drafted Aaron? Especially after a year in which Favre threw 30 TD's.
                                Plus didnt Steve Young sit for like 4 years?



                                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information