Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Espn ranks top qb superbowl performances

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=3204599
    #1 is no surprise and he was on the bench by the middle of the 3rd quarter. "Joe knows superbowls".

As a Giants fan, I would argue Phil Simms #1. Also as a Giants fan, I would nominate Kerry Collins to be stoned to death.

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
      As a Giants fan, I would argue Phil Simms #1. Also as a Giants fan, I would nominate Kerry Collins to be stoned to death.
      Of course you would, you're a homer. That would be the only way you would be able to convince yourself that 22-25 and 3 tds is more impressive than 5 tds or 6 tds.

Comment

Simms should be higher. #3 in my opinion. He nearly pitched a perfect game. Seems like he is getting moved down a bit for throwing one less TD than the others. Of his three incompletes, two were dropped catches that should have been complete.

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rdup3r View Post
          Of course you would, you're a homer. That would be the only way you would be able to convince yourself that 22-25 and 3 tds is more impressive than 5 tds or 6 tds.
          I know, I'm not saying that I'm not a homer, but if Phil Simms name was Joe Montana or Steve Young, he would be #1 or #2.

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            I know, I'm not saying that I'm not a homer, but if Phil Simms name was Joe Montana or Steve Young, he would be #1 or #2.
            I don't care if you complete 30-30 passes, that is in no way ever going to be more impressive than SIX touchdown passes in a super bowl. Six touch down passes is ridiculous anyway you slice it.

Comment

3 top 10s for Joe.

I wouldnt want any other qb other than Joe starting for my teamiin any game ever.

Best big game any game QB
              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                3 top 10s for Joe.

I wouldnt want any other qb other than Joe starting for my teamiin any game ever.

Best big game any game QB
                Ditto. Few people know that he holds every significant post season/superbowl record, including most td passes in both playoffs and superbowl and he's never been intercepted in the superbowl, 11 tds zero interceptions in 122 attempts.

Comment

In 1992, after missing 31 consecutive games due to an injury to his throwing arm, Montana made a dramatic comeback. In the second half of the regular season finale, a Monday Night Football offering vs. the Detroit Lions, Montana performed his magic of old, completing 15 of 21 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns as the 49ers defeated the Lions 24-6.

greatnesss!
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                    In 1992, after missing 31 consecutive games due to an injury to his throwing arm, Montana made a dramatic comeback. In the second half of the regular season finale, a Monday Night Football offering vs. the Detroit Lions, Montana performed his magic of old, completing 15 of 21 passes for 126 yards and two touchdowns as the 49ers defeated the Lions 24-6.

greatnesss!
                    The precursor to that was one of my earliest football memories. Leonard Marshall causing the injury that kept him out for that long in the 1990 NFC Championship game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                      The precursor to that was one of my earliest football memories. Leonard Marshall causing the injury that kept him out for that long in the 1990 NFC Championship game.

Congrats on stopping our 3-peat. I hope you know that that's one of the most hated memories for niner fans, people in the bay area still talk about Montana being knocked out and Roger Craig(who isn't very liked because of that) fumbling TWICE on that drive. That 3-peat was going to happen too, GAH!

Comment

And Montana cameback from injuries still a top 5 QB. Give me Montana in a preseason game or super bowl over any QB ever.

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rdup3r View Post
                          Congrats on stopping our 3-peat. I hope you know that that's one of the most hated memories for niner fans, people in the bay area still talk about Montana being knocked out and Roger Craig(who isn't very liked because of that) fumbling TWICE on that drive. That 3-peat was going to happen too, GAH!
                          Forget about the 3 peat. We basically handed it to you in 89 by blowing our game against the Rams. Giants/49ers in the 89 season was a game that everyone should have seen and never did because we blew it. Parcells still says that may have been his most talented team and it was his worst coached game ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Forget about the 3 peat. We basically handed it to you in 89 by blowing our game against the Rams. Giants/49ers in the 89 season was a game that everyone should have seen and never did because we blew it. Parcells still says that may have been his most talented team and it was his worst coached game ever.
                            Maybe it would have been closer than the rams blowout, but I doubt you would have beat us. That team was destined for the super bowl that year, one of the greatest teams ever. We also beat you guys pretty easily in the regular season that year, so I doubt it.

Still, the 49er giants rivalry from the 80's is easily one of the most underrated rivalries ever. So much bad blood between the teams, Ronnie Lott and Phill Simms still don't talk to each other much. I still remember the Monday night game in 1990 where Lott and Simms werer fuming at each other. God I miss those days.

Comment

2 performances in the top 5...3 in the top 10...the best performance overall...the GOAT. Gotta love Joe Cool.

P.S. Also loved seeing Young at #2
                              Last edited by 49ersfan_87; 01-22-2008, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information