Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Holmgren decides to come back for another season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Holmgren decides to come back for another season.

Seahawks | Holmgren to return for 2008 season
    Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:01:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren will return for the team's 2008 season
    www.kffl.com

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

He comes back to a very good team and if they could stay healthy and find someone to play RB then they are very real title contenders.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

ya to good of a team to leave

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        He comes back to a very good team and if they could stay healthy and find someone to play RB then they are very real title contenders.
        absolutely, Holmgren is carving himself a place in history.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Holmgren pretty much already has his legacy. I think he's doing more for himself and his ego. Not a negative comment. Just saying I think he wants another ring before he goes.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Weird, I was thinking that both him and Dungy were gonna hang it up this year. Guess I'm not the authority around here for retirements.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
              Weird, I was thinking that both him and Dungy were gonna hang it up this year. Guess I'm not the authority around here for retirements.
              I had a feeling Holmgren would stay, but I was almost sure Dungy was done.

Comment

Hmm interesting, I could have sworn they were both gone after this year, especially holgmren. Anyone else thinks this ups the chance seattle picks Hasslebecks succesor and in draft this year, so holmgren can groom him before he retires?
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Yup, "Mike Holmgren" is coming back for another year....

“You know what, for the first time in my career you’re going to see fake punts, you’re going to see double-reverse passes, onside kicks at any time. Don’t be surprised by anything,” Holmgren laughed. “It’s my last go at it. I’m goin’.”

At the very least, it should be an exciting year.
                  "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

Awesome. Packers are in Seattle next year and maybe the teams will play again in the playoffs.
                    I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                      I had a feeling Holmgren would stay, but I was almost sure Dungy was done.
                      My thoughts as well.

Comment

I think he's the 2nd best coach in the NFL behind Bellichick.

No coach arguably in NFL history has a better resume when it comes to developing quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I think he's the 2nd best coach in the NFL behind Bellichick.

No coach arguably in NFL history has a better resume when it comes to developing quarterbacks.
                          Haven't you always said you didn't think Bellichick was special?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Haven't you always said you didn't think Bellichick was special?
                            Do I think he's overrated? Yes i do. In the context of history. He has arguably the best QB to ever play. Its a lot easier being successful when you have that.

To me, for him to prove he's in the discussion with the Lombardis of the world, he needs to build another team.

I think parity has made it easier for teams with elite quarterbacks to stay in SB contention year after year. Bc with everything else equal, eventually its the difference at the qb position that will dictate the outcome of the season.

That wasn't necessarily the case in yesteryears because of the strength of other top caliber teams, along with different rules on how you can hit qbs, and cover WRs.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information