Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Holmgren decides to come back for another season.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ness
    started a topic Mike Holmgren decides to come back for another season.

Mike Holmgren decides to come back for another season.

Seahawks | Holmgren to return for 2008 season
    Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:01:29 -0800

John Clayton, of ESPN, reports Seattle Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren will return for the team's 2008 season
    www.kffl.com

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Haven't you always said you didn't think Bellichick was special?
    Do I think he's overrated? Yes i do. In the context of history. He has arguably the best QB to ever play. Its a lot easier being successful when you have that.

To me, for him to prove he's in the discussion with the Lombardis of the world, he needs to build another team.

I think parity has made it easier for teams with elite quarterbacks to stay in SB contention year after year. Bc with everything else equal, eventually its the difference at the qb position that will dictate the outcome of the season.

That wasn't necessarily the case in yesteryears because of the strength of other top caliber teams, along with different rules on how you can hit qbs, and cover WRs.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I think he's the 2nd best coach in the NFL behind Bellichick.

No coach arguably in NFL history has a better resume when it comes to developing quarterbacks.
    Haven't you always said you didn't think Bellichick was special?

Leave a comment:

• bigbluedefense
    replied
    I think he's the 2nd best coach in the NFL behind Bellichick.

No coach arguably in NFL history has a better resume when it comes to developing quarterbacks.

Leave a comment:

• Splat
    replied
    Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
    I had a feeling Holmgren would stay, but I was almost sure Dungy was done.
    My thoughts as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nitschke-Hawk
    replied
    Awesome. Packers are in Seattle next year and maybe the teams will play again in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• XxXdragonXxX
    replied
    Yup, "Mike Holmgren" is coming back for another year....

“You know what, for the first time in my career you’re going to see fake punts, you’re going to see double-reverse passes, onside kicks at any time. Don’t be surprised by anything,” Holmgren laughed. “It’s my last go at it. I’m goin’.”

At the very least, it should be an exciting year.

Leave a comment:

• A Perfect Score
    replied
    Hmm interesting, I could have sworn they were both gone after this year, especially holgmren. Anyone else thinks this ups the chance seattle picks Hasslebecks succesor and in draft this year, so holmgren can groom him before he retires?

Leave a comment:

• JT Jag
    replied
    Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
    Weird, I was thinking that both him and Dungy were gonna hang it up this year. Guess I'm not the authority around here for retirements.
    I had a feeling Holmgren would stay, but I was almost sure Dungy was done.

Leave a comment:

• Twiddler
    replied
    Weird, I was thinking that both him and Dungy were gonna hang it up this year. Guess I'm not the authority around here for retirements.

Leave a comment:

• bsaza2358
    replied
    Holmgren pretty much already has his legacy. I think he's doing more for himself and his ego. Not a negative comment. Just saying I think he wants another ring before he goes.

Leave a comment:

• Addict
    replied
    Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
    He comes back to a very good team and if they could stay healthy and find someone to play RB then they are very real title contenders.
    absolutely, Holmgren is carving himself a place in history.

Leave a comment:

• Thunder&Lightning
    replied
    ya to good of a team to leave

Leave a comment:

• princefielder28
    replied
    He comes back to a very good team and if they could stay healthy and find someone to play RB then they are very real title contenders.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information