Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fasell, Zorn, and Rex Ryan to the Skins?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasell, Zorn, and Rex Ryan to the Skins?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=topnews

The Washington Redskins are expected to name Jim Fassel their new head coach and Jim Zorn has emerged as the top choice to be their new offensive coordinator, sources said this afternoon, but no deals have been finalized.

The hang-up is that the Redskins also want to name Rex Ryan as the team's new defensive coordinator, sources said. Ryan has been the defensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens for the past three seasons. But the Redskins have been stymied in their attempts to hire him because the Ravens still retain contractual rights that allow them to block Ryan from taking another defensive coordinator job.

The sides may reach an agreement, but Ravens ownership badly wants to keep Ryan, who is well-liked by Ravens players. Fassel and Ryan spoke as recently as last night, sources said, and Ryan interviewed with Redskins owner Daniel Snyder recently, according to sources.

uggggghh fassel is ok but its just gonna be another 3 and out regime

wish snyder and williams could get along and keep this team in the right direction

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Lucky they might get Rex Ryan, great defensive coordinator.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

The second Gibbs decided to step down I gave up all hope of the Bengals getting Ryan because I knew if anyone got him it would be Washington.

Comment

Hopefully Zorn turns the job down. I believe Gil Haskell will go out with Holmgren after 2008, and if Zorn is still with the team he would be the msot likely replacement.
          "Oh **** it's Kam, RUN!!!"

Comment

jim fassell is heralded as an offensive mind- he could not do squat for the ravens offense and was not a fabulous head coach with the giants. he is not a good head coaching choice- i would have gone with greg williams

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

If Fasell is more of just a standby person, I wouldn't be too opposed to this. Rex has a good eye for defensive talent, and could possibly turn Landry into the next Reed.

Don't know much about Zorn or the type of offense he runs. What I do know however is that Campbell is not meant for Saunders' offense. It doesn't rely so much on natural talent and arm strength, but rather quick reads and decisions (see Green and Collins).

I do feel bad for Campbell and GW though. Gibbs pretty much set him up to get the head coaching job and he got shafted. And Campbell hasn't had a consecutive season in the same play book for ages (even back to Auburn).

Hopefully this can all work out. I don't think it will.

"Too many chiefs, not enough Indians."

Comment

What happens to Greg Williams?

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Just make Rex Ryan the HC. Imagine the things he could have done with Sean Taylor and Landry, but I am still excited to see what he could do with Landry.
                  I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                    What happens to Greg Williams?
                    my guess is jax as dcoord.

Comment

well if they are so set on having rex ryan, we will take greg williams as our new DC anyday. I wanted him as the new HC in baltimore when all this began, i would love to bring him in to man the defence.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

http://firejimfassel.com
                        http://firesnyderandfassel.com

I just find it really funny, as he's not even hired yet.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i dont understand the redskins interest in fassell?
                          im not to fond of him as a coach and after the emotional season the redskins had, i would've thought they would look in house for their next coach

Go Ravens!

Comment

Originally posted by jkpigskin View Post
                            i dont understand the redskins interest in fassell?
                            im not to fond of him as a coach and after the emotional season the redskins had, i would've thought they would look in house for their next coach
                            I can only think so he can work with Jason Campbell. Fassell is a very QB friendly coach. He worked with John Elway all those years, and turned around Kerry Collins career before it went down the shitter again.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              http://firejimfassel.com
                              http://firesnyderandfassel.com

I just find it really funny, as he's not even hired yet.
                              On Fire Snyder and Fassel:

"We suggest looking into the possibility of a new ownership group featuring a coalition of Joe Gibbs, Chuck Norris, and Barack Obama."

lol

by BoneKrusher
                              <DG> how metal unseen
                              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information