Alstott announces retirement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    I still remember him destroying the Minnesota Vikings' D in '98, helping a big underdog to defeat the then undefeated Vikings. He was the big reason the Vikings went 15-1.
    Not trying to troll or anything, but weren't you like 8/9 yo in '98? The only games I remember watching when I was that young were the Super Bowls, and even then I wasn't much of a fan.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
      Injuries caught up with him, and its sad to see him hang up the cleets.
      I'm actually glad he's retiring. First and foremost he's had a couple of serious neck injuries and there isn't really a point in risking his future. He's had a great career, has a ring, pro bowls, money, time to move onto the next phase. He's fan favorite in Tampa, but his role had been greatly dimished by Gruden, and rightfully so I think. Time for both the team and the player to move on.

Gruden supposedly offered him a job as a coack, but Alstott turned it down. Makes sense because he's said he wants to spend more time with his family and other endeavors. I'm guessing assistant coaches don't have much spare time. Still I won't be suprised if he has some sort of role with the team. He's so popular in Tampa it only makes sense for the team to take advantage of that.
      "If everyone liked the same thing everyone would be after your grandmother."

My Grandfather

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        Not trying to troll or anything, but weren't you like 8/9 yo in '98?

That is a very depressing statement.

My Grandfather

Comment

long live the a-train! one of my favourite players to watch over the years. we will miss him.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Watchman View Post
            That is a very depressing statement.
            You were 40 when we drafted Alstott, right? ;)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              You were 40 when we drafted Alstott, right? ;)
              Lets just say I can actually refer to Alstott as a young man.

My Grandfather

Comment

Working...
              X

Debug Information