X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al Davis asks Lane Kiffin to Resign

per ESPNews..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3214665

A bit of a dick move, but then again it's Al Davis.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I don't see why he didn't just fire him.

Comment

Hahhaahhaha. I believe that by the time we all have grandchildren, they will wonder how we could live in an age where leagues let owners have to much power. Seriously, there is one owner in every sport that their entire fan base just asks to be gotten rid of. Well, it is probably Ford in football, but Al Davis is looking more and more prime to be cut by the fanbase.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lions WMD View Post
          I don't see why he didn't just fire him.
          Because that would have been rude. :)

Comment

Probably because he won't have to pay him he remainder of his contract if he resigns.

We're honestly getting to Marge Schott levels. The NFL needs to step in and take the Raiders away from Al Davis. Yes it's a drastic and controversial move, but he's losing his mind. Coordinators were already turning down the job (hence why he had to hire a nobody from a college program). I wouldn't be suprised if the next coach is from high school, or Davis himself. Hopefully for Raiders' fans sake Rob Ryan will want it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Let's take the Raiders away from Al Davis and the Lions away from Ford Senior.

Comment

And the Knicks for Dolan.

Comment

This just further proves Oakland will never get better until Al kicks the bucket and as bad as that sounds it's the honest truth

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                    3 cheers to you.

Comment

why? I thought kiffin was doing an OK job.

was it cuz they weren't getting along? :D

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        Probably because he won't have to pay him he remainder of his contract if he resigns.

We're honestly getting to Marge Schott levels. The NFL needs to step in and take the Raiders away from Al Davis. Yes it's a drastic and controversial move, but he's losing his mind. Coordinators were already turning down the job (hence why he had to hire a nobody from a college program). I wouldn't be suprised if the next coach is from high school, or Davis himself. Hopefully for Raiders' fans sake Rob Ryan will want it.
                        I agree. this is getting to be a bit over the top.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804 View Post
                          Don't tease me.

As for the raiders, I can't see any credible coaches ever going there, it's turned into a circus.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Al Davis is no doubt losing his mind. And has been for a decade now. I think he needs to come out of coaching retirement, and do it himself.

Does he not realize you cannot "just win baby" with a first year head coach every year.

Comment

I really do envy Green Bay a lot. I wish the team was not owned by the rich few, but by the real people that make sports as good as they are, the fans. Then again, if New York City owned its sports teams, I could imagine a new coach every year with the amount of fans that we have that can't stand to have 1 losing season.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information