Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Williams and Saunders out as Coaches of the Skins

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3215817

Does this signal Gregg Williams to the Ravens? This Raven fan sure hopes so!

This is becoming a very interesting debacle down in Lanham. I realize Fassel is considered a favorite, but is Danny boy waiting until after the Super Bowl to try and pry away Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

I would certainly welcome Gregg Williams to Jacksonville.

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      I would certainly welcome Gregg Williams to Jacksonville.
      well, I heard the rumor that St. Louis and Jacksonville are looking at him...

Comment

Would Jacksonville really want him?

Del Rio commands the defense and does a pretty good job of it too.

Comment

Well Jacksonville did just lose Mike Smith so him going there would have some merit. Still I'm hoping he does come to Baltimore because retaining Rex Ryan is just asking for problems.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
            Would Jacksonville really want him?

Del Rio commands the defense and does a pretty good job of it too.
            you would be surprised of how much Del Rio does not do on defense...he really does let the DC call the formations and such...

Comment

I've heard that the Redskins actually ran a good deal of Cover 2 with Gregg Williams and weren't as blitz-happy as you would think he would be. In that case, he'd work in Jacksonville, as a way to adapt from Jacksonville's Cover 2 to any pressure-based schemes he would plan on running. I've seen the Redskins run the 46 a couple of times, and that's what the Titans ran alot in their glory days.

by BoneKrusher
              <DG> how metal unseen
              <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

I would definitely like to see Williams in Baltimore or Jacksonville.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Well, Saunders could have been looked at in Atlanta but we looked at the world-beater by the name of Mike Mularkey.
                  Virginia Tech.
                  ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Dan Snyder is a wacko, he's got a good young team that started to play well together last year (especially on defense). This could be a team ready to compete for a few years if he just promotes one of his assistants. But now he's starting the whole team over.

Comment

Not sure if Snyder already picking a new OC and DC instead of letting the new HC pick his own staff makes the Redskin job any more attractive..

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
                        Dan Snyder is a wacko, he's got a good young team that started to play well together last year (especially on defense). This could be a team ready to compete for a few years if he just promotes one of his assistants. But now he's starting the whole team over.
                        i could not agree more. i loathe the redskins as a giants fan, but it almost pains me to see an owner try and destroy a team like this. they may do very well but it seems odd to me that hes starting over with a totally new coaching staff, blantantly ignoring the advice of gibbs to hire williams, and is just randomly hiring coordinators without a head coach in place!! they just went to the playoffs, lost- but that should not matter. they have some good young pieces in place

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Snyder had just started to look like he was "getting it".

Not now.

This isn't a 4-12 team in need of a makeover. This is a team on the rise who were looking better and better as they grew. Now, this disruption will really put them back and ensure that they lose a window of opportunity.
                          Will post for +rep.

Comment

Id much rather have Ron Rivera than Gregg Williams for the Ravens. I personally dont like Williams but I wouldnt mind him in Baltimore, alothought Rivera or Rex are better choices IMO.

Comment

I actually thought Washington overachieved last year and thats helped alot by good coaching. Tearing it all down doesn't make much sense to me.
                              "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information