Most Overrated Thing in NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tom Brady.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

QB rating is because that means the qb wont risk his stats to try and win by throwing the deep ball.

Comment

Sacks according to Greg Blache.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
          tackles. guys like Vilma got huge #s again but his real production didnt back it in 3-4

i rather have a guy with 60 tackles at LB who didnt give up much rather than a guy who gets 120 tackles and got run over or made tackles down the field
          Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
            QB rating is because that means the qb wont risk his stats to try and win by throwing the deep ball.
            Then according to you Rex is an awesome QB!!!! Whooot!!

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
              Sacks according to Greg Blache.
              i could see how sacks could be at sometimes. people tend to think that sacks=good DE.

some time sacks are coverage sacks. or some times people are just able to get a free pass to the qb because of a good defensive play call.

i do think however that sacks as a team is much more important than individuals sacks.

hurry ups are something that often get over looked sometimes also.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
                i could see how sacks could be at sometimes. people tend to think that sacks=good DE.

some time sacks are coverage sacks. or some times people are just able to get a free pass to the qb because of a good defensive play call.

i do think however that sacks as a team is much more important than individuals sacks.

hurry ups are something that often get over looked sometimes also.
                I'm talking about team sacks, not individual sacks. So causing a team to lose yards is overrated? Wait...

Comment

clarence moore

He's not overrated, he's TALL! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                  On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                  Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Hall of Famers...

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                      He's not overrated, he's TALL! :D
                      shhh im trying to make people think he sucks. he is our hidden weapon and i dont want other team to throw huge amount of money at him.

if you look at his stats from this past year he catches a touch down every other catch so if you throw to him look out new TD record no problem

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Eli Manning

Comment

shhh im trying to make people think he sucks. he is our hidden weapon and i dont want other team to throw huge amount of money at him.

if you look at his stats from this past year he catches a touch down every other catch so if you throw to him look out new TD record no problem

Of course someone should throw ton's of money at him, he's TALL!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                            The thought that race determines anything. Everyone can do everything we're all created equal!! now everyone can shut up about race.
                            QFFT

Race has absolutely nothing to do with anything. There is no significant difference between the races, other than skin color. Early in the 20th century, Jews dominated basketball, and so everyone thought they were naturally better basketball players. Oh how the times have changed, or maybe not. Same theory, different race.

EVERYONE GET OVER IT, I AM SICK OF HEARING ABOUT ******* SKIN COLOR HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH ABILITY IN ANYTHING. THE ONLY THING IT AFFECTS IS GETTING A TAN.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
                              Agreed.

A .5 difference in running can make you loose millions of dollars... Teams value the 40 too much, and should go by film and stats more.
                              A .5 sec difference IS HUGE. That is 2-3 steps. I think you are talking about a .05 difference, which is only 2-3 inches. But yes, it is overrated. It should only be used when all else is equal.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

ben roethlisberger.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                                Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information