Most Overrated Thing in NFL?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanFran
    started a topic Most Overrated Thing in NFL?

Most Overrated Thing in NFL?

What is the most overrated thing in NFL e.g:statistics

• remix 6
    replied
    Originally posted by Scorch View Post
    Do you have any idea what you're talking about?
    im not saying anything bad about Vilma..im just saying this year he wasnt as good as he was in 4-3..

your going to tell me his 113 tackles are VERY good? He didnt play VERY good..he struggled in his first year in a 3-4..cant just blame him but his 113 tackles are misleading to his production this year..same with Tedy Bruschi

Leave a comment:

• gbpackers0065
    replied
    Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
    The Wonderlic, though I think sacks are somewhat overrated; it's great if someone can rush the passer but if that's all they can do and they are a starter; then it hurts the team.
    That is why Aaron Kampman is the best DE in the NFL. Not only did he have 15.5 sacks but he also had 90 tackles and is clearly a run stopper.

BTW........my 100th post YAY FOR ME

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Not exactly on topic but must underated is forced fumbles.

Leave a comment:

• terribletowel39
    replied
    Originally posted by FloridaFootball View Post
    That the league protects players like the kickers and quarterbacks. Put a yellow jersey on them and tell the other players only two hand touch for these guys!
    BURN!! haha

Leave a comment:

• FloridaFootball
    replied
    That the league protects players like the kickers and quarterbacks. Put a yellow jersey on them and tell the other players only two hand touch for these guys!

Leave a comment:

• terribletowel39
    replied
    QB protection. i feel that if they are in the game they know they could get hurt, it doesn't matter how you bring him down as long as you bring him down is the way i feel. don't like how the ref's SOMETIMES throws flags on some dumb shiz.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Originally posted by tom View Post
    In sports studies this is called "stacking". It's whenever minorities are made to do things that are to be expected of them. Since most African American players aren't brought up to play the QB position, white players tend to be more effective. Is this fair? No. But does it happen? Certainly.

I don't think that black players should be treated any differently, but I know that Warren Moon, Randall Cunningham, Steve McNair and Donovan McNabb are the only great black QB's I know. And I'm not sure you could call Cunningham, McNair and McNabb great.

If I were starting a team, I'd go for the white QB. History tends to favour them. In this draft I'd go for Quinn over Russell.
    That's cause you're a ******* idiot, a well-established fact.

Leave a comment:

• bearsfan_51
    replied
    Cheerleaders

Leave a comment:

• myinnerself
    replied
    A ton of statistics are extremely overrated. Most of what you guys said is valid, except I don't understand sacks being overrated. Sacks are HUGE momentum shifts and always put the other team in a bad situation. Another overrated thing: 1000 yard rushing seasons, its just not a landmark number in my eyes anymore. 1500 is something to be proud of.

Leave a comment:

• HawkeyeFan
    replied
    DeAngelo Hall

Leave a comment:

• sweetness34
    replied
    Originally posted by niel89 View Post
    sorry i thought you were talking about individuals sacks
    You don't have to apologize. I didn't say team sacks in my original post, don't worry about it.

But that quote goes to show how bad of a coordinator Blache was. He wanted his DL's to get fat and try and control the line of scrimmage, keeping OL's off of our LB's.

I'm glad we got rid of that scheme.

Leave a comment:

• Man_Of_Steel
    replied
    Brett Farve
    Most overated in NFL history

Leave a comment:

• bantx
    replied
    Eli manning

Leave a comment:

• UKfan
    replied
    40 time for a WR, now I'm not suggesting that someone could succeed at WR with a 5 second 40, but I don't see the huge deal between a guy running a 4.4 and 4.6. 10 and 20 times would be a far better measure, acceleration is very important.

Edit - didn't read the second page, my mistake

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information