No announcement yet.

What His Trade Vaule?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would have to be a very early 2nd round pick, and even then that's not a sure thing.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by zoinks View Post
      Roy Williams' contract status and injury history probably knock his trade value down to a 2nd round pick....but I do think he'll be somewhere else next year.

Titans' GM Mike Reinfeldt has made it clear that they're looking to trade for a WR and TE this offseason. Look for them to make a hard run at Williams; I'm guessing they'll also make inquiries as to the availability of Jeremy Shockey.

How about Pacman Jones? From a talent standpoint, the guy is worth two first-round picks....but he's such an idiot, the Titans will be lucky just to recoup their bail money. But then, all it takes is one team who's willing to roll the dice on the guy....
      Contract? He has a reasonable contract. As said above, he is still on his rookie contract.

Injury concerns? It's not like this guy has torn an ACL or blown out a knee. He messed up his fingers this season [if I remember correctly]. So no... that is blown our of proportion.

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
        http://msn.foxsports.com/rumors/nfl
        http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...entry_id=23734

Lions WR Williams to 49ers

Other news includes the rumor that Lions wide receiver Roy Williams is on the trading block, and one report said Detroit would look for a second-round pick in return. Williams played for two seasons under former Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who's now with the 49ers, so would the 49ers look to make a deal for Williams? It's unlikely, particularly at that price. Williams caught 63 passes for 836 yards and five touchdowns this year. But at 6-5, 212 pounds, he's not your typical speedy Martz receiver, and he also has been known to speak his mind. -- SF Chronicle
        Ugh.......

Sweet Living

I remember 9/24/08

Comment

How about DeAngelo Hall? I doubt he gets traded because of Mike Smith being more of a players coach...but still?

I am thinking mid first.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            how about Edge?

im thinking 3rd or 4th
            nah i think he would go for a 5th. i think thats his value but personally, i wouldnt trade for him at all. plus the amount hes making. i know he raked in last year getting a total of 14 mil, so i dont know if theres much left in the contract but still. someone mentioned something about teams not willing to trade for veteran LB's i think its mroe of a case for RB's.

Comment

also i think if their was a deal on the table for a reasonable 2nd round pick on draft day, then i think they would pull the trigger. nice depth in this draft, so settling for a 2nd rounder isnt as bad as it seems

Comment

I tried to trade Roy Williams to the lockess monster and you know what he wanted?!?!

"'Bout tree fiddy".

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  I tried to trade Roy Williams to the lockess monster and you know what he wanted?!?!

"'Bout tree fiddy".
                  thats weird, some girl scout came by the other day asking for the same amount for some thin mints.

Comment

Originally posted by DChess View Post
                    thats weird, some girl scout came by the other day asking for the same amount for some thin mints.
                    "Well it was about that time that I noticed this girl scout was about eight stories tall and a crustacian from the paleolithic era..."

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                      Contract? He has a reasonable contract. As said above, he is still on his rookie contract.

Injury concerns? It's not like this guy has torn an ACL or blown out a knee. He messed up his fingers this season [if I remember correctly]. So no... that is blown our of proportion.
                      Look at Williams' career....he has played a full 16 games only once in his career. When a guy misses 3-4 games per year, his trade value diminishes.

As far as the contract status goes...he's only under contract for one year. Nobody is going to give up their first-round pick for a guy who might be around for only one year. Of course, the answer to that is to have a new contract worked out before the trade happens. If Williams is willing to sign a relatively reasonable deal, then maybe the team is willing to give up their first-round pick. But if he's looking for a $50M+ deal, then teams will be less flexible in terms of what they're willing to give up.

You've also got to factor in the Lions' lack of leverage. They have to move him this offseason, and everyone knows it.....otherwise, he walks next year, and they get nothing.

The only way I can see them getting a 1 for him would be if they get something worked out with a team at the top of round 2, and somebody near the bottom of round 1 trumps it at the last minute.... Cowboys, Jags, or Titans, for example. (Niners might be a possibility, but I doubt Williams would sign a contract extension to work under Mike Martz again.)

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                        "Well it was about that time that I noticed this girl scout was about eight stories tall and a crustacian from the paleolithic era..."
                        I keep telling you, don't you give him that tree fiddy!

Comment

Marcus Stroud anybody?

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Marcus Stroud anybody?
                            Yes, please :)

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by wingboy2999 View Post
                              If that is Niners fans setting that value... no way. Would never take a 2nd for him.
                              If the lions are willing to part with him for a late round 1st it isn't inconceivable that a high second rounder would do the trick if there was someone they valued at that spot.

Seeing how this draft is loaded with OT and CB talent, I don't see why they wouldn't make a trade for a guy who could be a starter on draft day.

It makes total sense in that a future starter at CB or potential LT to replace Backus would be better for the longterm future of the team than Williams who could very well leave after next year.. but who knows. It is Millen.

Comment

It wouldn't ever happen but what about Julius Peppers.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information