Anything to the CJ to Mia rumors?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both good points.

Chad wants to stay, but he doesn't want the critique. I continue to believe that the reports of Chad being unhappy or Chad being the problem in Cinci were mostly fabricated by the media. It is in the Bengals' best interests to claim that he is valuable to the team if they really hope to move him for decent value.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I doubt the Bengals will get an offer sweet enough for them to move CJ at this point. His ability to create matchup issues on every play + his marketability is simply too valuable to Cinci.
      He's not that marketeable in the Cincy area. Maybe amongst some African-Americans, but Cincinatti is a very racist city, and there's a large segment of the fan base that wants very little to do with a loud-mouthed African American.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Everything I see on national TV seems to indicate that he's a crowd favorite.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Cincy just needs defense.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            He's not that marketeable in the Cincy area. Maybe amongst some African-Americans, but Cincinatti is a very racist city, and there's a large segment of the fan base that wants very little to do with a loud-mouthed African American.
            sad, but its really the truth

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

cousin to keyshawn and from miami

he grew up a fins fan I believe too

it is possible for our late 2nd

Comment

You think the Bengals would give up a #1 caliber WR (attitude or not) who has a relatively affordable contract and has great rapport with their franchise QB for a late second rounder and no other compensation? Quite unlikely. Perhaps both #2's for the Bengals third rounder and Johnson...

Comment

I don't agree with this. He's very marketable here for such a small market team and the ad campaigns they have done in the recent past have been very good involving him on many billboards when we got our new unis. I think Cincy gets a bad rap for being racist due to the riots a few years back which is to be expected i guess but i wouldnt say its any more racist than any city ive ever been to(from my perspective.) CJ is pretty much loved here and the whole "me first diva" attitude he is tagged with is media imposed and never really surfaced until this year. I'm a biased bengal fan of course but he is one of if not THE hardest workers on our team. His "antics" pretty much put this team back on the map and all of the sudden hes a detriment.

and its spelled C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I btw.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                  Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
                    I don't agree with this. He's very marketable here for such a small market team and the ad campaigns they have done in the recent past have been very good involving him on many billboards when we got our new unis. I think Cincy gets a bad rap for being racist due to the riots a few years back which is to be expected i guess but i wouldnt say its any more racist than any city ive ever been to(from my perspective.) CJ is pretty much loved here and the whole "me first diva" attitude he is tagged with is media imposed and never really surfaced until this year. I'm a biased bengal fan of course but he is one of if not THE hardest workers on our team. His "antics" pretty much put this team back on the map and all of the sudden hes a detriment.

and its spelled C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I btw.
                    Riots a few years back? You need to learn the history o C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I. I was actually born there, and most of my family still is from there (though I can't spell it right), so it's not just anecdotal evidence. Cincy has always had an extreme problem with race, and was a hot bed (if not the hot bed) for the KKK until it became a marginal group within the last 30 years. I'd put Cincy's overt racism against any city in the South by far.

I'm also basing this, like I said, on comments of a lot of people that live in Cincy that are sick of him. They say the fans are much more behind Carson Palmer, as he is one of the only "non-thugs" on the team.

Since you're from Cincy you have a first-hand account, and I would be willing to concede that you may well be right about that, I actually hope that's the case as Johnson really isn't much of a problem at all. I'd love him in Chicago.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Very slim chances Chad goes anywhere for a number of reasons.

A. The FO doesn't WANT him gone.
                      B. The asking price HAS to be a 1st rounder, otherwise it's foolish.
                      C. The salary cap hit would be rough.

There's a segment of the fanbase annoyed with Chad's antics but generally I find that to be more among the casual fans. Those of us who are a little more invested are not bothered by it. He's not perfect but the guy wants to win.

If they think he's a problem and the right offer comes along I'm all for a trade but I don't think that'll be the case.

I will say I feel like Henry is the most gifted WR on the team, just a matter of applying things.

Comment

Riots a few years back? You need to learn the history o C-I-N-C-I-N-N-A-T-I. I was actually born there, and most of my family still is from there (though I can't spell it right), so it's not just anecdotal evidence. Cincy has always had an extreme problem with race, and was a hot bed (if not the hot bed) for the KKK until it became a marginal group within the last 30 years. I'd put Cincy's overt racism against any city in the South by far.

I'm also basing this, like I said, on comments of a lot of people that live in Cincy that are sick of him. They say the fans are much more behind Carson Palmer, as he is one of the only "non-thugs" on the team.

Since you're from Cincy you have a first-hand account, and I would be willing to concede that you may well be right about that, I actually hope that's the case as Johnson really isn't much of a problem at all. I'd love him in Chicago.
                        I know the History of my city but was not going to bring it up because frankly it does not matter right now. To say our city is racist is one thing(with which I do not agree) but to say that Cincy doesn't like Chad because of his color is completely offhanded. The fact that this comes down to a "popularity" contest between Chad and Carson is rather elementary as well. Chad is well liked and well marketed in this area which is evinced by his use in ad campaigns as well as the widespread popularity of his jersey. Also, from my personal point of view the reaction of the fans this year was due to our high hopes for the team and the resulting disappointment that occurred this season. The fact that ESPN chose to make Chad the bad guy also does not help the public perception and as my friend PalmerToCJ has just mentioned above, the real fans(for the most part) recognize and appreciate the contribution that CJ makes to this team.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

We'll see. I hope this entire situation was not blown apart because of the media's involvement.
                          Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Hmmm...

Chad Johnson was on Rome saying there are only two people on the team he trusts (Carson and TJ), admitted he's no longer satisified with the organization and hasn't been happy many times during the season (whose causation is a losing season partly). When he asked if he wants out of Cincy, he simply shook his head and responded:

"I don't know man, I'll let Drew handle that."

Chad Johnson in Miami for 08
                            Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Honestly its starting to sound like he was putting the weight on cincy to trade him and when they said they had no intentions on it, he has been starting to let it be known he wants a fresh start somewhere else...But I could be reading too much into it, I just dont know why Miami would be his choice, he doesnt even have a qb right now

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                Honestly its starting to sound like he was putting the weight on cincy to trade him and when they said they had no intentions on it, he has been starting to let it be known he wants a fresh start somewhere else...But I could be reading too much into it, I just dont know why Miami would be his choice, he doesnt even have a qb right now
                                he's from Miami.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information