No announcement yet.

IS 85 going anywhere?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there might be a story behind this, Chad does crazy anteics on the field but outside he hasn't really done anything really stupid. He probably did ask to be traded at first and talked to Brown, or Lewis. They probably said either something to him and denied the trade.

Both sides probably said some really stupid ****, and both sides don't want it getting out, so neither went to the press.

So Chad probably thought why not be a distraction and get traded.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
      A guy who trashes his teammates, front office and fanbase publicly is bound to come off as a villian. I mean I can understand being unhappy but it's pretty low to do what he's doing. Keep in mind I've always defended Chad.

He wants to be on a real contender yet he's talking about going to Miami and Carolina... Please.

I honestly don't see how we can keep him around given what's been said because of the problems it would cause internally. I really doubt he plays in a Bengal uniform next year.

If i was a cincy fan i would feel the same way...But its what he is trying to do. And its working.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

This recent spate of odd behaviour with CJ is primarily about money. He (and Rosenhaus) want a new contract. Unfortunately (for CJ) TJ Houshmandzadeh is first in line for an extension, as his current deal runs out in '08. TJ deserves it. While Chad is an ass, he is also a terrific player with great durability and production. Moreover, he just turned 30, and should have at about 6 more similarly productive seasons. In terms of draft pick compensation, Chad is worth at least a #1. He is a sure thing. You cannot say that for any drafted college player.

Comment

Funny how two years ago he was just a playful version of TO and would never turn into the cancer that Owens was. Looks like the attention he craved so much has gone to his head.

I doubt Cinci would trade Chad to the Patriots seeing as he is in their conference and why would they make the best team better?

Comment

I don't really think the Niners would be likely to go after CJ because Nolan has taken some jabs at his persona in the past. I don't think he'd really go for the whole "Ocho Cinco" thing.

To me, I think the fit is with Dallas. An extra pick to give up and an owner/gm who's crazy enough to stuff him and TO in the same lockerroom. That said, I think JJ really has his eyes on McFadden, so I wouldn't look for this trade to go down before draft day, when Jones probably won't have the ammo to trade up far enough to get his Razorback RB.

Comment

Jerry Jones seems like the only GM that would make the move. And if he does not get D-MAC I think he will go ahead and make the move for Chad

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

I think there might be a story behind this, Chad does crazy anteics on the field but outside he hasn't really done anything really stupid. He probably did ask to be traded at first and talked to Brown, or Lewis. They probably said either something to him and denied the trade.

Both sides probably said some really stupid ****, and both sides don't want it getting out, so neither went to the press.

So Chad probably thought why not be a distraction and get traded.

Comment

A note on Dallas: 2008 is the last season of TO's current three-year contract, and he's not getting any younger (35 come this December).
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Well I guess it could work, there are some young guys on the team at wr that need to be developed, and I could see Jerry giving up his 22nd pick but its just too unlikely...There are teams like Washington and Philly for one who also need a wr badly, have higher 1st rd picks, and who could all trade that pick for Chad...Washington wants him very badly so ive been reading in their papers, and im sure they would love to give up their pick right before Dallas to land him over us...

But at the rate chad is going, he is going to be gone before the season...No way you keep a guy thats lobbying to play elsewhere during the offseason

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

per pft.

How desperate is Johnson to get out of Cincy? So desperate that on Friday's Rome is Burning on ESPN he made a pitch to be acquired by . . . the Raiders

He is desperate

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Yep... Chad wants to go to winners like Miami and Oakland.

The sooner he leaves the better.

This quote off PFT is very accurate:
                        Our guess? Chad's antics are going to get the people in Cincy even more pissed off than they'd be if he'd simply come out and ask for a trade.
                        Last edited by PalmerToCJ; 02-02-2008, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Dude the Bengals are dead to Chad Johnson, I'd be pissed too if I were him.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                            So is chad and TJ..But when it comes to getting the ball all chad cares about is chad.

But that is a good point about him and smith. But he would still need a good QB. If the ball is not on the spot he cries.
                            Posts like this really highlight the misunderstanding of Chad Johnson, he isn't a ball hog. He is just upset with his organization who he feels betrayed him and is rightfully so. He's got his mouth closed for the past what 3? 4 months?
                            Vince Young is going to prove he's the next overrated QB to come out in years.

He'll probably end up being a WR or something...

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                              per pft.

How desperate is Johnson to get out of Cincy? So desperate that on Friday's Rome is Burning on ESPN he made a pitch to be acquired by . . . the Raiders

He is desperate
                              Yuck.

He would leave Carson Palmer ... for the Raiders? Hopefully his wish is granted.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                Yuck.

He would leave Carson Palmer ... for the Raiders? Hopefully his wish is granted.
                                AMEN!

He's soft, have a little backbone and deal with things. I beg the front office to trade him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information