Stallworth: Worthy enough to stay?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stallworth: Worthy enough to stay?

I was wondering if anyone knew Stallworth's contract and realized that he is set to make 8 million before he hits the field next year. And by the end of the year he should have made a total of 11 million by end of 2008 year.

Contract for Stallworth:

3/11/2007: Signed a six-year, $33.1 million contract. The deal included a $1 million signing bonus. 2007: $700,000 (+ $100,000 per-game roster bonuses + $300,000 workout bonus), 2008: $1 million (+ $6 million option bonus due 2/25 + $2 million roster bonus due 3/1 + $1.6 million playing-time roster bonus + $400,000 workout bonus), 2009: $1 million (+ $2 million option bonus + $400,000 workout bonus + $1.6 million playing-time roster bonus), 2010-2012: $4 million (+ $500,000 workout bonuses), 2013: Free Agent

Is it worth paying him that much why not pay Moss instead that much, Stallworth avg. like 3 or 4 catch per game sure those catches are like 20 yards avg. But is it worth the money to keep him around.

Anyone else think Stallworth it out end of year.

I think this should be in the team thread.

That being said, I don't think he is worthy enough. But in order for him to leave and the Patriots to not really 'notice' they need to have a strong #2 receiver. Welker is a beast in the slot so they should leave him there. Moss is a dominant #1. So can Washington, Gaffney, Jackson, or someone else fill the role of a #2 receiver that will draw coverage away from the slot?
    Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
      Is it worth paying him that much why not pay Moss instead that much, Stallworth avg. like 3 or 4 catch per game sure those catches are like 20 yards avg. But is it worth the money to keep him around.
      Well, he's probably not worth it, but the only reason he is getting overpaid is because they actually needed to pay money to get him over other teams. Welker and Moss were under totally different circumstances.

Comment

Bruschi, Colvin, Moss, Samuel and Stallworth are all up for contracts. I can see Bruschi and Colvin taking less, Samuel wont accept franchise and wants a bigger contract than Clements, Moss may take less, but is Stallworth worth the franchise tag..NOPE. Stallworth is as good as gone. He can go somewhere and try to be a number one, then get pissed that the team sucks and wish he never left. greedy bastard
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Stallworth is good not great, a solid number 2. He could be a number 1 if he could play a full season without getting injured like his second with the saints.

Comment

Yeah but he will want number 1 contract at least 8 mil a year, unless he realizes he will never be anythiing more than an ok guy, with alot of potential that had a ****** career. so he is better off staying for like 2 million a year
            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I don't think they can franchise him. If he's released, he's release. No franchise, no compensation picks.

I think he'll restructure though. I think that was the plan all along. Get the big contract to make it look like he got a huge deal and then renegotiate after the year.

That said, I think he was probably a little frustrated about being a third and sometimes fourth option in the offense and I can see him wanting to move on... that is unless he's bought into the being a Patriot thing and wants to try and keep going for Super Bowls...

Comment

I hope he leaves, id love for Dallas to pay him to be the #2 if Roy Williams isnt leaving Detroit

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  I hope he leaves, id love for Dallas to pay him to be the #2 if Roy Williams isnt leaving Detroit
                  T.O. and Anti-T.O. on the same team? No way...

Comment

I think if he wants to win championships, he restructures and stays.

If he's more interested in being a #1/#2 guy and making more money, he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Why would Dallas want to pay a #2 receiver 33 million when they can draft one with one of their two first round picks? If they need a speed guy, they can pick up Manningham or Jackson or they can go for a better all around threat like Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
                        Why would Dallas want to pay a #2 receiver 33 million when they can draft one with one of their two first round picks? If they need a speed guy, they can pick up Manningham or Jackson or they can go for a better all around threat like Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly.
                        because the team has plenty of young guys to develop(stanback only in his 2nd year since changing from qb, sam hurd) but none of those guys are developed to step into a #2 role right now...we need speed at wr and somebody who can let crayton play the slot, we very well could draft a guy but with all the youth at the position already, makes sense to go with what they have been doing before(galloway, glenn, TO, keyshaun) and just sign someone...If TO has to miss any games it be nice to have someone like stallworth who could be the big play guy

I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
                          I think this should be in the team thread.

That being said, I don't think he is worthy enough. But in order for him to leave and the Patriots to not really 'notice' they need to have a strong #2 receiver. Welker is a beast in the slot so they should leave him there. Moss is a dominant #1. So can Washington, Gaffney, Jackson, or someone else fill the role of a #2 receiver that will draw coverage away from the slot?
                          Welker is the #2. He just doesn't line up on the outside.

Comment

I'd be very surprised if he's still around next year. Washington or Jackson can fill his role without the offense losing much and are much cheaper.
                            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                              Welker is the #2. He just doesn't line up on the outside.
                              Beat me to it. Welker is the definite secondary target on that team. Stallworth is the third option.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information