Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitzgerald says he would play for Eagles IF trade develops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The best situation for Larry Fitzgerald would be to give him about a 3 year extension (so lock him up for 5 years), turn a lot of the base salary into signing bonus (total of between $20 and $30 million) and base salaries between 2-4 million. Whether that's in Arizona that it happens or when/if someone trades for him.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Im a big Fitz fan myself, but don't you think we're overreacting to how good he is? There are a lot of WRs in this league that have proved a hell of a lot more than Fitz has. In fact, Boldin, his own teammate has outperformed him.

I think too often we let our bias from the combine, and college accomplishments stand in the way and blur what one's true worth is at the NFL level. Fitz is a great WR, but he hasn't done anything for me to believe that he's a top 5 WR in this league.

Can he get to that point? Sure he can. But he's definately not there yet. You gotta prove it first. He hasn't proved anything yet.
      I mostly agree, but what he has accomplished by age 24 is at the very least immensly promising. If I were picking wide receivers for a team, he may very well be in the top 5 receivers (although his salary may be more than a bit out of control).

Comment

I'd hate to see him get traded period but to the Eagles?! The Eagles can shove it. He needs to stay in Arizona or go to Green Bay!

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information