Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fitzgerald says he would play for Eagles IF trade develops?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitzgerald says he would play for Eagles IF trade develops?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/p...?urn=nfl,64569

"Larry Fitzgerald said during an interview with a Philadelphia radio show that the Philadelphia Eagles are one of four teams he'd like to play for if traded according to Profootballtalk.com.

It remains to be seen whether the Cardinals will try to trade Fitzgerald. Due to escalators in his contract, he's scheduled to earn salaries of $14.59 million in 2008 and $17.355 million in 2009. That's nearly $32 million over two years, and then he'll hit the open market at only 26 years of age.

The Cardinals could pay him the money for the next two seasons. But it would then cost more than $20 million to retain his rights via the franchise tag for the 2010 season."

they need to do with rookie contracts like the NBA does, its ridiculous for guys to be the highest paid players at their position before theyve even played a down in the NFL. It also leads to the ruining of many players as they are forced to play way before they are ready because teams can't afford to pay someone that much to sit on the bench.

Also like we see it this year, unless there is a franchise QB no team ever really wants the No. 1 pick because it costs too much money to sign them.

Comment

I'd give them our 1st and Reggie Brown for Fitzgerald, but it's not like I'm gonna be making decisions for the eagles any time soon. I'd much rather the eagles trade for Fitzgerald than Johnson, because of the age factor.

Comment

Please no. Fitzgerald is probably my favorite non-Giant player. Having him on the Eagles would upset me greatly.

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
          they need to do with rookie contracts like the NBA does, its ridiculous for guys to be the highest paid players at their position before theyve even played a down in the NFL.
          I could not agree more.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Please no. Fitzgerald is probably my favorite non-Giant player. Having him on the Eagles would upset me greatly.
            Please yes. Perfect fit for the WCO and would make the offense really good. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Noone wants to pick up that contract

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                Please yes. Perfect fit for the WCO and would make the offense really good. MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Don't get too excited, this is the eagles we're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  I'm still not sold McNabb will ever be the same again. I would love it if they got a big weapon (although not Fitzgerald), and McNabb continued to struggle. The Eagles chances of getting the Lombardi trophy with McNabb under center were left on the field that day in Jacksonville along with Donovan's vomit.

Comment

I would not like Fitz to be in the NFC East one bit. With that said, this is completely speculative and it doesn't matter what a player says because ultimately the teams have to reach the agreement.

Originally posted by Halsey
                    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                      Noone wants to pick up that contract
                      Whoever traded for him would be signing him to a new contract for at least 6 or 7 years.

Comment

He said the Eagles are one of four teams he would play for I wonder who the other teams are?

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          I'm still not sold McNabb will ever be the same again. I would love it if they got a big weapon (although not Fitzgerald), and McNabb continued to struggle. The Eagles chances of getting the Lombardi trophy with McNabb under center were left on the field that day in Jacksonville along with Donovan's vomit.
                          Donovan looked much better at the end of the season. The further he separates himself from that hamstring injury the more he'll be like his old self. I'm not saying he'll ever be a top 3 QB again, but top 10 isn't out of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                            He said the Eagles are one of four teams he would play for I wonder who the other teams are?
                            I'm sure one of them is Minnesota, good young team and he's from there.

Comment

He's said that he loves it in Arizona but I'd guess the four other teams are Minnesota as somebody already said, obviously Philly, probably Pittsburgh because he went to school there and maybe Washington it seems like every NFL player has a part of them that wants Dan Snyder to back his money truck up to their door.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information