Commissioner announces Toronto plan for Bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilson declines to speculate on Bills future in Buffalo

Ralph Wilson is convinced Toronto is ready to support an NFL franchise. The Buffalo Bills owner wouldn't say whether that team might one day be his.

Wilson steered clear from discussing whether the Bills would ever relocate north of the border. "Don't worry right now," was the best answer he could provide at a news conference Wednesday announcing the Bills would begin playing an annual regular-season game in Toronto beginning this season through 2012.

Based on what Wilson saw during a half-hour drive from the airport to a downtown hotel, he was convinced Canada's financial capital and North America's fifth largest sports market was ready for the NFL.

"I can answer that in the affirmative," Wilson said. "It reminds me of my trip to Dallas a few months ago. They're building in Dallas, Texas, everywhere, cranes, brand-new structures. And I see the same thing here in Toronto."

It was certainly a different view than what he usually sees in economically challenged Buffalo

"It's no secret, Buffalo is diminishing in size," Wilson said.

Asked then to assure Bills fans he's committed to keeping the team in Buffalo, the 89-year-old declined to guess.

"Hey, I can't speculate what's going to happen in the future," Wilson said. "But don't worry. Don't worry right now. Does that answer your questions?"

Toronto will formally land on the NFL map later this year, when the Bills become the league's first franchise to play an annual regular season game outside the United States. The deal also includes the Bills playing three preseason games -- one every other year, starting this year -- in Toronto.
    Full story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

^It seems as if Wilson knows the team is gone when he dies.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
      my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
      But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
        after youve seen a game at the ralph and you've seen a game at skydome, there is no way i feel intrigued to see a game in toronto. i know for a fact that the atmosphere and crowd/fans wont even be a blip on the radar compared to that at the ralph.
        I definitely agree with this statement. The atmosphere is gonna suck.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information