Jared Allen wants to be a 49er

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I like his personality, and the attitude he brings to the team. But his personnel decisions have been horrible. And the defense isn't being built properly, as well as the offense.

For a team that spent a lot of money "improving their roster", i don't see it at all. There is still a glaring lack of talent on that team, on both sides of the ball.
    Actually his decisions have not been that bad. He's made some pretty impressive choices, the ball really just hasn't bounced his way.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I personally feel that the 49ers should make a switch to a 4-3 defense anyway. When you have a special talent at MIKE like the 49ers have, you want to create a defense around him that will maximize his potential.

Having that kind of money invested in a 3-4 ILB is counterproductive in today's league. In a 4-3 defense, its acceptable. In fact, its welcomed.

Considering there really aren't any pieces in that defense worth a damn outside of Willis, Clements, and Lawson (who can be used in a Peterson type of role) I see a switch to a 4-3 as a wise move. That of course requires Mike Nolan getting fired, which shouldve already happened.
      Actually Marques Douglas and Michael Lewis played very well. Actually the entire defense wasn't that bad. They were just always on the field. The only starters that weren't really doing anything special last year was Tully Banta Cain and Derek Smith. Sopoaga wasn't that great either.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by NIMV View Post
        This is very funny because I don't remember the last time when a free agent wanted to join our team.

About tag, he said don't want to resign a long term deal, so next offseason will be ours just how we did with Clements and soon with Briggs.
        The Chiefs will franchise him and then try to work out a long term deal. He knows that he has to be tagged in order for us to keep him off the market. Our owner has said resigning Jared is our #1 priority and with over $20 million in cap room we have plenty of space to do so.

Sorry but Jared is never playing for your team.

Comment

Originally posted by sup3rdup3r View Post
          Well, if you want to keep him longterm you better not franchise him
          That's if he has to play under a franchise tender. Believe it or not, teams still franchise players and sign them to long term contracts later that offseason.

And even if he did refuse to sign a long term contract our front office would never let him leave town without decent compensation in return. Any team who wants him would have to at least give up their 1st round pick and likely more.

Comment

Also just because he says something doesn't mean it is going to happen. Last year he said he would not sign his RFA tender until training camp yet he eventually changed his mind and showed up on time for minicamps.

Comment

Working...
            X

Debug Information