Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator To Commissioner: Explain Destroyed Tapes

didnt see this posted

senator spector (pa) wants goodell to explain what was on the destroyed spygate tapes

i've always wondered what was on the tapes; what was the nfl hiding/trying to cover up

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Goddell's decision on that pisses me off too.

Comment

He said he destroyed them because that way, if he ever sees any clips or any footage that was on those tapes, then he will know that the Patriots didn't give him all of the copies. Sounds dumb to me, he could have just locked him away where only he could get to them, but atleast its a legitimate excuse.

Comment

Is this the same Arlen Spector that calls into Philadelphia sports talk radio on a regular basis to talk about all things Philly sports and is crying about a three point differential in Super Bowl XXXIX?

Maybe we should launch a governmental investigation as to why my boss decided not to give me a raise, or why the tooth fairy didn't leave me any money under my pillow, or how Philly's third worst crime family is setting up shop in the Eagle's locker room, or maybe Mr. Spector should be more concerned with something like, I don't know, heath care or tax cuts or the school systems. Sounds a bit more important then how a private company chose to discipline one of its employees for breaking company policy.

But hey, it's OK, I happen to know John Kerry is a huge Patriots fan, so he'll show Mr. Spector that he can wear his homer shoes too and make a scene over nothing...

Comment

While I find some elements of the Spygate scandal were handled questionably, doesn't the Senate of the United States of America have more pressing matters to concern itself with then this?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

more to this story

letter to goodell from spector dated nov 15, 2007
            goodells response dated jan 31, 2008

what took so long for him to respond?

also

Matt Walsh, a former Patriots video assistant and now a golf pro at the Ka'anapli Golf Resort in Lahaina, Hawaii, has suggested to ESPN that he has information that could have exposed the Patriots prior to the Jets' allegations which ended up with the record fines.

"If I had a reason to want to go public, or tell a story, I could have done it before it even broke," he told ESPN.com's Mike Fish. "I could have said everything rather than having [Jets head coach Eric] Mangini be the one to bring it out."

Walsh, who worked for the Patriots from 1996 to 2003, also suggested to ESPN that he has information that could be embarrassing for the NFL and the Patriots. He has not been contacted by the NFL.

"If they're doing a thorough investigation ... they didn't contact me, so draw your own conclusions," Walsh told Fish.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3225539

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Retracting this statement becuase after further research i realized my comment was off base.
              Last edited by BroadwayJoe10; 02-02-2008, 04:25 PM.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                While I find some elements of the Spygate scandal were handled questionably, doesn't the Senate of the United States of America have more pressing matters to concern itself with then this?
                you'd be hard pressed to find something the senate did not have their hands in...plus, the Senate branches out....

Comment

Hell yeah. Explain that ****, Roger! What happened to the tapes, Roger? Why the **** did you destroy them? Huh?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

The timing of this whole thing seems wierd, it couldnt wait another week? Guess they ran out of storylines for pre-superbowl hype...

Im just curious why Goodell had to burn them, why was that smarter then locking them up on file? Burning them raises questions, unfortunately ones that wont be answered since there is no tape to go back and look at...

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Because locking them up on file got them leaked on Fox within five days...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                        Because locking them up on file got them leaked on Fox within five days...
                        Well, maybe Goodell should just hide the key where his wife can't find it. (His wife is a reporter for Fox)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
                          Well, maybe Goodell should just hide the key where his wife can't find it. (His wife is a reporter for Fox)

I rally have no reason to believe that all the tapes were given or that copies were not made. Im sure someone will come out and say what was on the tapes.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Pats Filmed Rams Walk-through

per PFT

When it rains, it freakin' pours.

After a bizarre day in which Spygate unexpectedly reappeared on the league's radar screen and strong hints of previously undisclosed cheating emerged, John Tomase of the Boston Herald reports that the Patriots videotaped the walk-through practice of the St. Louis Rams prior to Super Bowl XXVI.

Here's the key excerpt from Tomase's report:

"According to a source close to the team during the 2001 season, here's what happened. On Feb. 2, 2002, one day before the Patriots' Super Bowl game against heavily favored St. Louis in New Orleans, the Patriots visited the Superdome for their final walkthrough.

"After completing the walkthrough, they had their team picture taken and the Rams then took the field. According to the source, a member of the team's video staff stayed behind after attending the team's walkthrough and filmed St. Louis' walkthrough.

"At no point was he asked to identify himself or produce a press pass, the source said. The cameraman rode the media shuttle back to the hotel with news photographers when the Rams walkthrough was completed, the source said."

Though the Herald doesn't identify the cameraman, it doesn't take a genius to suspect that it was Matt Walsh, the video employee who has been quietly but doggedly pursued for nearly five months. It also doesn't require much gray matter to realize that Walsh likely gave Tomase the green light to cite him as an unnamed source.

A walk-through practice usually involves execution of the plays that are in the team's offensive game plan, out of the specific formations that each play will be called. Having access to that information would provide an enormous advantage to the opposing team.

In Super Bowl XXXVI, the ordinarily high-octane Rams offense struggled in the first half to move the ball, and trailed the underdogs from New England 14-3 at intermission. Seven of the Pats' points came when cornerback Ty Law jumped a route and took an interception to the end zone. After making halftime adjustments, the Rams came back, tying the game at 17 before the Pats won the game on a late field goal.

What does it all mean? For starters, much of the media assembled to cover the Super Bowl will soon swarm upon key figures from the 2001 Rams, searching for quotes that might support the notion that the Pats seemed to know exactly what the Rams were doing on offense. Guys like former coach Mike Martz and his offensive assistants (Henry Ellard, Bobby Jackson, Jim Hanifan, John Matsko, Wilbert Montgomery, and John Ramsdell) can expect to be pestered. Players like quarterback Kurt Warner and running back Marshall Faulk and receivers Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt will be pursued, too.

For now, however, we're even more convinced that the Patriots will win Super Bowl XLII by a huge margin. If the inflammatory remarks of various members of the Giants' organization weren't enough, the calling into question of the game that sparked the New England dynasty will surely drive the team to prove to the world that they win games based on talent, preparation, and execution.

Even if, six years ago to the day, they supplemented their skill and sweat with something else.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                              you'd be hard pressed to find something the senate did not have their hands in...plus, the Senate branches out....
                              Yeah, they won't ignore cheating or any type of scandal in a billion dollar business regardless of Football.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information