Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Report: Patriots filmed Rams walthrough Before Super Bowl XXVI.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it extremely difficult to believe that the Patriots are the only team that has taped stuff before . . . does the NFL really want to open up this can of worms? I bet every team has done stuff they shouldn't have . . .
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

9/11
      Patriots
      Conspiracy?

J/k
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        makes it unrelevant and quite frankly just a part of the superbowl hype. I for one tend not to believe one single anonymous source that mysteriously appears in the week before the superbowl.

This is just stupid. This 'source' knew about this alleged Spygate 0.5 and never spoke up until now? Yeah right.
        How is it not relevant? The Patriots were caught cheating earlier this season. And they may have been caught this season. Which forms a pattern. And a pattern indicates purpose. Just because it's speculation doesn't mean it should be dismissed.

I'm not advocating that they did cheat, but I am advocating that it wouldn't be surprising. And for the person to say "who cares", is basically sending a message that if it is indeed true, then it's not a problem for their organization to cheat.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post

3. the rams said that day they were going over plays to be used in the red zone; so if you know what theyre gonna run when they get in the red zone, and can hold them to fgs, you have a clear advantage
          They didn't get into the Red Zone until the 4th Quarter... and they scored...

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            9/11
            Patriots
            Conspiracy?

J/k
            Chris Benoit did it.

Comment

It may have happened (and, if it did, it could've certainly helped the Pats prepare for the game), but it wont matter now.

You'd need undeniable proof to even think about pushing this situation further... and that just wont happen. The evidence is destroyed and a few statements are weightless without physical proof. Anyone that knew about this should have come forward before Spygate (with proof). They didn't. It's over.
              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                I find it extremely difficult to believe that the Patriots are the only team that has taped stuff before . . . does the NFL really want to open up this can of worms? I bet every team has done stuff they shouldn't have . . .
                Your probably right.but how many teams have been caught for cheating?
                "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                  And honestly, if the Rams organization doesn't make an issue of this . . . does it really matter? It'll be interesting to see if they make a comment . . .
                  Here you go...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...9?OpenDocument

Notable comments:

"I think Mike [Martz] always suspected something, but I had no knowledge of this." - Rams President John Shaw

"I've been aware of this (the taping allegations) for some time, but I'm going to hold off on commenting further until all of this comes out." - Mike Martz

"We hadn't run that play all year. Our players were upset after the game because on certain plays, especially in the red zone, (the Patriots) were calling the plays and the formation that we were going to run." - Unnamed Rams team source

Comment

Yet they have come out and said all they worked on in the final walk through were red zone plays... and they didn't make it into the red zone until the FOURTH quarter... where they scored a TD... with like 85% of the game already over... and this "unnamed source" is using this chance to cry.

Yup, I don't buy it. It's so easy to sit there and say "well I always thought something was up."

Look, if this happened, it's bull****, no two ways about it. 52442453 times worse than week 1, and something worth being marginally upset over. But based on the fact that it seems like the NFL already covered this base, I'm not going to worry about it until I see some proof.

Comment

people need to just get over this... nothing else can be done

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        9/11
                        Patriots
                        Conspiracy?

J/k
                        I can't seem to find the humor in that.
                        Originally posted by Babylon
                        It's called Karma for all the years with Montana and Young.

Comment

awesome another reason for me to hate the pats, u think this will affect the patriots in todays game?

Comment

The same way it effected them in week 2 against the Chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by PFT.com
                              IF WALSH HAS VIDEO, BELICHICK DONE FOR A YEAR

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reports that, if it turns out that former Patriots employee Matt Walsh has in possession video of the Rams' final walk-through practice from Super Bowl XXXVI, New England head coach Bill Belichick will be suspended.

For a year.

Wow.

If Walsh has a such a tape, and if Belichick knows or suspects that he does, it could have a profound affect on Belichick as he prepares for the final act in a possible 19-0 season. We're not saying that it'll affect his coaching in any way; it might actually make him more focused and determined. But the knowledge that this game could be his last one for 19 months, and possibly his final time on the sidelines with the Patriots ever, is likely something that not even the modern-day Bud Grant would be able to conceal.

Indeed, if Belichick knows that he's toast, he might opt to retire before "Spygate II" hits the fan. And he'll be carrying those thoughts somewhere in his brain throughout the day and night in Phoenix.

And given that the Patriots have issued a statement calling Saturday's report from the Boston Herald "absolutely false," evidence to the contrary might compel owner Bob Kraft to fire his head coach on the heels of a fourth Super Bowl win in seven seasons.

Though plenty of folks are questioning the timing of these new disclosures, the fact is that if there's any truth to the report and that truth comes out, the guy who'll pay the biggest price is Belichick.

Either way, this is something that needs to be investigated quickly, so that if there's nothing to it the Pats and Belichick can have the cloud of suspicion removed.
                              Wow... I take back what I previously said.

If there still is a video out there, this will blow up. And, if there is, do we add an "*" next to the Super Bowl win?
                              Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

Originally posted by NGSeiler View Post
                                Here you go...

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/spo...9?OpenDocument

Notable comments:

"I think Mike [Martz] always suspected something, but I had no knowledge of this." - Rams President John Shaw

"I've been aware of this (the taping allegations) for some time, but I'm going to hold off on commenting further until all of this comes out." - Mike Martz

"We hadn't run that play all year. Our players were upset after the game because on certain plays, especially in the red zone, (the Patriots) were calling the plays and the formation that we were going to run." - Unnamed Rams team source
                                Huh, that's something else.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information