Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't believe everyone thought this Super Bowl was going to suck.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
    Unless you're not one of those people who's only impressed by purdeh lights and colorz.

Brilliant game from start to finish.
    like I said before, I like defensive games...but IMO this game was just the Giants D performing amazing and the Pats D performing average, while both offenses were average at best until the 4th quarter...there were no mistakes by the offenses, only 2 turnovers, the entire 1st quarter was anything but a great defensive football game, and up until the 4th quarter, the only thing worth watching was the Giants D and a handful of exciting plays at most...but that's just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
      like I said before, I like defensive games...but IMO this game was just the Giants D performing amazing and the Pats D performing average, while both offenses were average at best until the 4th quarter...there were no mistakes by the offenses, only 2 turnovers, the entire 1st quarter was anything but a great defensive football game, and up until the 4th quarter, the only thing worth watching was the Giants D and a handful of exciting plays at most...but that's just my opinion
      It's possible that the Patriots defense was playing good, but the Giants defense was just able to move the football on them...because they're a good offense.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

It was a bit boring early on, but in the way that you had to keep watching. Not boring as in 28-0 early and they're just coasting.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
        Originally posted by njx9
        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

I didn't think it'd be THIS good, but I don't think it'd suck.

It was boring around the third quarter, but everything started picking up after that.

by BoneKrusher
          <DG> how metal unseen
          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

idk maybe it was me and i was at party with 20 people having a blast but i didnt get bored for a second

Comment

A close game is the best game.
              I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

I thought so right when the Giants beat the Packers. After that though, I started warming up to the idea of it being a good game. Learning more about the Giants and their 10 straight road wins...etc etc.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I thought it would suck but I'm very glad the Giants won.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                  WHO DAT!

Comment

I didn't think it would suck and after the week 17 slobberknocker, I didn't know why anything thought it would.

Comment

It was intensely boring for 3 quarters.

That fourth quarter may have been the best single quarter in NFL playoff history, though.

Comment

I liked the first few quarters. It was interesting to see the 07-08 Pats in a classic defensive battle, I mean the #1 offense in NFL HISTORY with 7 at the start of the 4th? That doesn't suck, that's great IMO.

But then I like defense. I loved watching the Giants DL go to work. Makes me feel confident given the DL is exactly what the Titans prioritize for too.

I didn't really expect anything in particular from this Superbowl, every match up has the chance to suck or be great.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information