Post Superbowl Side-Thoughts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Superbowl Side-Thoughts

The difference in class was obvious today, and the team with more class earned the win.

-The biggest example was the Randy Moss TD and the Plaxico Burress TD. Randy Moss does his swim move taunt/celebration while Plaxico does a prayer and goes celebrates with his team

-Belechik has no problem running up the score, but when his team is losing, he cannot stay on the field for the last second of the game. Real classy..

-Biggest case of Karma - Rodney Harrison getting beat on two key plays in the game. The first the huge gain by Kevin Boss, and the second on the jump ball by David Tyree. I'm sorry Rodney, but didn't you say that the difference between younger players and older players is that older players know where they're going? We'll you did know where you were going, but not even a month's worth of HGH would have helped you on those two plays. It may be time for you to retire and allow someone else to become the player-vote Dirtiest player in the NFL.

-One thing that can't be taken away from the Giants was the fact that they earned this victory. They outplayed the best team in the league. Even though the Pats almost squeezed out a victory in typical Pats fashion, the Giants were able to rise above and earn themselves a Superbowl.

-After a season of consistent disappointment, watching the Pats beat team after team, I was relieved to see the Pats finally lose, on the biggest stage and when it mattered the most.

-The MVP of the Superbowl should not be Eli, although he played great. Rather it should be split between Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Justin Tuck, and Jay Alford.

-As a sidenote, Brady is not as good as his stats indicate. When given time, as he has been in 18 games this season, he can be elite - but so can many other quarterbacks. He proved he's only an above average QB who DOES get rattled under pressure.

-Overall, the law of Football reigns truer every year - 'The game is won in the trenches'. The Giants D-line destroyed the Pats O-line, and how bout some credit to the Giants O-line who managed to pick up almost all of those exotic blitzes.

Congratulations to the 2007-2008 Superbowl champion New York Giants!

Does everyone just vote for the winning QB to be the MVP without even looking at the stats?

If I had to give it to ONE guy it would be Justin Tuck.

Comment

I wanted it to be David Tyree. Overall good game and Eli proved he CAN be the real deal.
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
        Does everyone just vote for the winning QB to be the MVP without even looking at the stats?

Yeah, I agree, I think Tuck deserved it.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
          Yeah, I agree, I think Tuck deserved it.
          i thought he did too, until eli had that final drive. after that i thought he deserved it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

eli manning deserved it just because of that last drive. i wouldnt just give it to justin tuck, but the whole d-line, but you cant so eli gets it

Comment

Originally posted by niel89 View Post
              i thought he did too, until eli had that final drive. after that i thought he deserved it.
              Good point, considering the final drive it makes a much stronger arguement for him. Hell, the deep bomb/escape can make a case itself.

Comment

Me and my friends were joking about it that what it Belichik legally had to be on the field for the last play. Would they have to tie him up and drag him out onto the field and hold him down for that last play if he was throwing a trantrum

Comment

You really would have to give it to either the whole Defensive line, or Manning. Big plays came from both, Manning to Boss, Manning to Tyree. Eli more than managed the game, he made plays with his feet and his arm, he deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post

yes they do and it makes me sick...Peyton didnt deserve it last year someone on the defense did...they always go for the qb, and dont take everything into considerations...I cant remember the last defensive player that won

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I don't think there was a real clear cut MVP for the Giants. Eli was damn good on the 2 TD drives but there was also a little luck involved. That pass that Tyree caught (the one where he trapped it against his helmet) really should have never been thrown. That was sooooo dangerous. I remember a couple more ill advised passes that could have ended badly for Eli but I don't care, I'm just glad the luck was going against the Pats for once.

Comment

Up until the final drive, Justin Tuck was probably the MVP for the Giants. However, in crunch time, Eli made in happen. Period. He kept the team in the game for the first 57 minutes, then he executed in the final ones with huge plays and throws.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Haha.....Emmit Smith just said the Patriots "got debacled".

Ok a few things you disgrace to the english language.

1) Debacled is not a word. Ever.

2) If it was, it sure as hell wouldn't be a verb. Debacled is the equivalent of failured.

3) As you can probably surmise from my above point (just kidding, you're a ******), you don't even know what debacle means either.

Please stop talking. You're an embarrassment to so many demographics that you represent, and the human population at large.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Umm are you in the right thread?

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              yes they do and it makes me sick...Peyton didnt deserve it last year someone on the defense did...they always go for the qb, and dont take everything into considerations...I cant remember the last defensive player that won
                              dexter jackson ,ftw

btw, where is he?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information