Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Props to Eli Manning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by JK17 View Post
    Well yeah....I'd rather have the Super Bowl win too, then win a trade. But, It's bad enough seeing Eli win the Super Bowl, but now I'll get all offseason to hear how we lost the trade as well, when really thats not true..

    Oh well. At least I got to see the Pats lose.
    I don't even know how anyone can say we lost the trade.. EA, our GM who retired, who I hated, made that trade, because he thought Manning was that franchise qb you can't miss if he is there. I wanted Taylor mind you, but he traded for ELi, kept Osi, and let's not forget in the next year's draft we got Webster, Jacobs and Tuck, all guys who helped big time. I am not saying we won, but damn, hard to say we lost. EA drafted him because he saw something alot of people didn't and we won with Eli.

    Comment


    • #32
      Got to give him props. He had a few bad passes which probably should have been picked(Especially Samuel on that last drive), the one pick he threw was only about 60% his fault, it was a bad ball, but Smith stuffed it also.

      But he really stood up when it mattered, most of his passes were on the money, I haven't see him that much but is he always that hit or miss? I mean his throws were either perfect or should be picked basically. He played a good one, with what is basically a gimpy receiver and some no names, though I still think Steve Smith can be a good one and he really stood out.

      I'm not sure he deserved MVP, I thought both Tuck and Strahan played better, but he is a QB, if in doubt, he will always win.


      Props to BK on the sig!

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
        I don't even know how anyone can say we lost the trade.. EA, our GM who retired, who I hated, made that trade, because he thought Manning was that franchise qb you can't miss if he is there. I wanted Taylor mind you, but he traded for ELi, kept Osi, and let's not forget in the next year's draft we got Webster, Jacobs and Tuck, all guys who helped big time. I am not saying we won, but damn, hard to say we lost. EA drafted him because he saw something alot of people didn't and we won with Eli.
        Because none of those other guys you mentioned like Osi, or Tuck, Webster, Jacobs are actually a part of the trade, yet people still act like they are....

        But oh well, none of it really matters when you won the Super Bowl. At best I'd agree wtih CC its like a Portis/Bailey trade, but what does it matter. I wouldn't necesarily say you lost either (I mean you did win a SB after all...). I should've phrased it more that way. I'm starting to get over the whole not wanting to play in SD thing anyway, especially since he beat the Pats.

        Comment


        • #34
          I take back every bad thing I thought or said about you Eli.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by JK17 View Post
            Because none of those other guys you mentioned like Osi, or Tuck, Webster, Jacobs are actually a part of the trade, yet people still act like they are....

            But oh well, none of it really matters when you won the Super Bowl. At best I'd agree wtih CC its like a Portis/Bailey trade, but what does it matter. I wouldn't necesarily say you lost either (I mean you did win a SB after all...). I should've phrased it more that way. I'm starting to get over the whole not wanting to play in SD thing anyway, especially since he beat the Pats.
            Osi could have been part of the trade though. I'd rather have Eli than Rivers and I'd rather have Osi than Merriman so in my eyes, and the eyes of a lot of Giants fans, we certainly didn't lose on the trade.

            Comment


            • #36
              Congrats to Eli...but, I honestly still like Rivers more. (not taking away from what Eli did) Phil had one hell of a playoff as well. It's gonna be interesting to see how these guys play next season...both did have shaky seasons...that cannot be completely forgotten. It's gonna be fun to watch. The switches seem to be turned on right now but, the question is...will they stay on? I've been harsh on Eli in the past but, i've always said, he would be great...one day. Maybe he has finally reached that point...I'm def. looking forward to next season to find out.

              Thanks BoneKrusher^

              http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                Osi could have been part of the trade though. I'd rather have Eli than Rivers and I'd rather have Osi than Merriman so in my eyes, and the eyes of a lot of Giants fans, we certainly didn't lose on the trade.
                Eh. I'd rather have my two guys out of the other end of it but oh well. Osi was supposed to be part of it, but then we would'nt have had the first rounder anyway, plus he was already on your roster, so its not like we gave him up. But thats just technical stuff anyway. Long story short you won a Super Bowl so I don't think any Giants fans are upset either way.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Eli was a different person in the playoffs..I jave to give him and that D props

                  Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

                  WHO DAT

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by JK17 View Post
                    Eh. I'd rather have my two guys out of the other end of it but oh well. Osi was supposed to be part of it, but then we would'nt have had the first rounder anyway, plus he was already on your roster, so its not like we gave him up. But thats just technical stuff anyway. Long story short you won a Super Bowl so I don't think any Giants fans are upset either way.
                    I also don't think the Chargers are upset with the Rivers/Merriman/Kaeding package. In the end, I think the trade will work out for both teams.



                    I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information