Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giants Victory- Biggest Upset Ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    no. maybe to a casual fan or someone outside of New York. To many Giants fans, this isn't much of an upset. We've been dogged all year and been dubbed the underdog and constantly picked against, and thrived off of it. The line and espn riding the Patriots wang all year made people think this was like David vs Goliath. Many people(including many here) underestimated the Giants and NEVER thought they'd beat Dallas or Green Bay, let alone New England.

    I mean hey, we were what, 22 in the NFLDC power rankings? ;)
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

    Comment


    • #17
      New York over Baltimore in SB III was bigger imo

      Comment


      • #18
        No its Jets Colts hands down


        "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
        Mike Tirico

        Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

        Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


        "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by umphrey View Post
          Ehh, I'll concede those reasons, but that's just what I was thinking personally going into the game. Look at this article from 3 days ago:

          http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/colum...6&sportCat=nfl
          haha read the comment at the bottom of that article... haha that guy was so right.


          Sig by me... Hold the applause.

          Comment


          • #20
            Not that I know much about the teams, but from what I have read I'd have to agree the Jets v Colts was a bigger upset.

            XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              no. maybe to a casual fan or someone outside of New York. To many Giants fans, this isn't much of an upset. We've been dogged all year and been dubbed the underdog and constantly picked against, and thrived off of it. The line and espn riding the Patriots wang all year made people think this was like David vs Goliath. Many people(including many here) underestimated the Giants and NEVER thought they'd beat Dallas or Green Bay, let alone New England.

              I mean hey, we were what, 22 in the NFLDC power rankings? ;)
              Agreed, this really wasn't a "HUGE Upset"

              SPLOOSH

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Oh my god no. Seriously?


                USA Hockey over Russia was bigger, and much more significant.

                Buster Douglass over Mike Tyson was bigger.

                There are plenty.


                If you are just talking about the Superbowl I would say Jets over Colts. Honestly Patriots over the Rams may even be bigger. It doesn't seem as big now but prior to that game I don't think the average fan could have named more than 1-2 players on the Pats team. They came out of nowhere.
                Id rank this one #2 on the list of SB upsets. Of course #1 is the Jets/Colts upset.

                But this one was bigger than the Rams SB because

                1. the Pats were 18-0, and being dubbed as potentially "the greatest team ever"
                2. people were so ready for 19-0, arrangements were made by both fans and the league and teams alike for afterparty celebrations
                3. i think the doubt was equal to the Rams game, i remember a couple of people who had faith in the Pats, its just a distant memory now so we tend to forget these things
                4. This team, by all accounts, was a team that doesn't lose the big game. They were already an established dynasty, and were known for being mentally sharp. No one expected any team to "catch them offguard". Not these guys. Not Bellichick, or Brady or any of them.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by UKfan View Post
                  Not that I know much about the teams, but from what I have read I'd have to agree the Jets v Colts was a bigger upset.
                  i can't stop staring at your sig. you my friend, have good taste :)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    A lot of players and coaches who were around back in Super Bowl III said the Jets were a whole lot better than Vegas and the huge line would suggest. People generally just had and problem with the inferior AFL at the time, or what was thought to be an inferior AFL. But I guess maybe Vegas and others didn't give the Giants enough credit as well.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      USA Hockey over Russia was bigger, and much more significant.
                      THANK YOU.

                      Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X

                      Debug Information