Before the hype starts...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cunningham06 View Post
    However a team wins games doesn't matter as long as they do, and in that sense they were a very good team. Peyton turned a bad team into a good one, so its no surprise they haven't been to as many Superbowls is it? Although they weren't considered it at the time there were quite a few later to be recognized stars. Bruschi for example. Ty Law in his prime was no slouch either.
    Yeah I know. Which is why I stated the other option of what you possibly meant. You're right, it doesn't matter as long as the team wins games. However, I don't believe that if Drew Bledsoe had stayed the starting quarterback for that franchise they would have reached the Super Bowl. Might not have even made the playoffs. Which is why although football is a team sport, I'd have to give Tom Brady a huge amount of credit for making that team achieve it's goal. I think Tom Brady was their best player on offense that season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
    Originally posted by Borat
    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

And it's Coughlin....not Cofflin....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are opinions allowed to change? Coughlin has changed as a person and as a coach this year in many ways, does that now allow one to alter their view of him?
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I wonder if he is going to leave his legacy like this. He has always come up in crunch time, but has always been okay otherwise. Will he be good always, or will he be remembered as a guy who will always come up clutch, but not so much otherwise...

I cant wait to see his first couple regular season games next season.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
          I wonder if he is going to leave his legacy like this. He has always come up in crunch time, but has always been okay otherwise. Will he be good always, or will he be remembered as a guy who will always come up clutch, but not so much otherwise...

I cant wait to see his first couple regular season games next season.
          He's still come through in crunch time on numerous occasions. Including twice in the Super Bowl. I think his legacy will be fine.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
          Originally posted by Borat
          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
            Yeah I know. Which is why I stated the other option of what you possibly meant. You're right, it doesn't matter as long as the team wins games. However, I don't believe that if Drew Bledsoe had stayed the starting quarterback for that franchise they would have reached the Super Bowl. Might not have even made the playoffs. Which is why although football is a team sport, I'd have to give Tom Brady a huge amount of credit for making that team achieve it's goal. I think Tom Brady was their best player on offense that season.
            I agree, I don't think they would have accomplished as much with Bledsoe. It was basically a passing of the baton, Bledsoe had run his race and handed it off to Brady with an early lead.

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
              Wait who is actually putting Eli in the top 3? I wonder if Jason Campbell did what Eli just did these past 4 games...what your view would be. Would you create a thread like this?
              geo said he was the #2 qb in another thread and i wouldnt create a thread but would comment to people not to hype cambell as a top 5 but thats out of the question cause he didnt win the superbowl stop taking it so personal im just tired of everyone trying to annoint eli now as great cause he got the ring.... he made a nice run but i think the d is what won that game... i mean guys like trent dilfer and hassleback have won sb's and people didnt say that they were great they realized they mananaged the game and playesd as a team but cause eli is a "manning" he has to be annointed as the next big thing its just ********

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                im defending brady, it wasnt his fault but he also didnt have his best game... u r misunderstanding a little and yes eli of course had to be good to win and he has the ring now but some people now put him in the top 3 on these boards and im sorry but im not having that yet
                you can have a top 10 qb that never gets you a superbowl ring, just post season success (ala McNabb)...or you can have a guy that just makes the right throws at the right time and rallies his team (ala Eli Manning)...face it, you're bitter because your a Skins fan and you're jealous that Eli had so much success in the postseason, and you hate the Giants...

Great QB's are born in the the playoffs...that was evident this season more than any...Garrard, Rivers, Manning...they all had great post season wins and were met with post season success...hell, tom brady was born in the playoffs back in 2001...look at him now...face it, you don't know what Eli Manning is going to be, all I know is that he and his team have superbowl rings....and your team and their qb do not...

Comment

Originally posted by Ness View Post
                  He's still come through in crunch time on numerous occasions. Including twice in the Super Bowl. I think his legacy will be fine.
                  Thats what I mean. His regular season passer rating hovers around 70 and 80 and turns over the ball alot.

But when the game is on the line, there are only a couple of guys I would pick over him. Maybe even just one (!!!).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

And it's Coughlin....not Cofflin....

And correct me if I'm wrong, but are opinions allowed to change? Coughlin has changed as a person and as a coach this year in many ways, does that now allow one to alter their view of him?
                    no go ahead obviously, this is what have u done for me lately but dont act like its not being hypocritical... its just like people now saying brady is hyped

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

lol, don't make this thread after a SB. You must be crazy.

And no one thinks Brady's overhyped. That's f'n ridiculous. This is a bitter thread.

Comment

geo said he was the #2 qb in another thread and i wouldnt create a thread but would comment to people not to hype cambell as a top 5 but thats out of the question cause he didnt win the superbowl stop taking it so personal im just tired of everyone trying to annoint eli now as great cause he got the ring.... he made a nice run but i think the d is what won that game... i mean guys like trent dilfer and hassleback have won sb's and people didnt say that they were great they realized they mananaged the game and playesd as a team but cause eli is a "manning" he has to be annointed as the next big thing its just ********
                        Alright you confirmed you're just a bitter Skins fan. Unreal.

What Eli did tonight was legendary and if you can't accept that as fact, just go to bed. You are talking to as big as an Eli supporter there is and I don't even put him in the top 5 in the league.

Hasselbeck never won a Super Bowl.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

no go ahead obviously, this is what have u done for me lately but dont act like its not being hypocritical... its just like people now saying brady is hyped
                          Everyone before this season was writing off Randy Moss until he had all of the success this year. It is the same thing. Coughlin really was a different HC before this season and changed as the season progressed. Is it not ok to have a change of opinion?

Originally posted by Halsey
                          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            you can have a top 10 qb that never gets you a superbowl ring, just post season success (ala McNabb)...or you can have a guy that just makes the right throws at the right time and rallies his team (ala Eli Manning)...face it, you're bitter because your a Skins fan and you're jealous that Eli had so much success in the postseason, and you hate the Giants...

Great QB's are born in the the playoffs...that was evident this season more than any...Garrard, Rivers, Manning...they all had great post season wins and were met with post season success...hell, tom brady was born in the playoffs back in 2001...look at him now...face it, you don't know what Eli Manning is going to be, all I know is that he and his team have superbowl rings....and your team and their qb do not...

o wow u r an idiot i gave the giants their props i even said i was rooting for them... funny how u call out my skins homerism then say great qb's are born in the playoffs ala garrard, u r the homer my friend read the thread its an attack on stereotypes being thrown out 1 hour after the sb not the giants

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Alright you confirmed you're just a bitter Skins fan. Unreal.

What Eli did tonight was legendary and if you can't accept that as fact, just go to bed. You are talking to as big as an Eli supporter there is and I don't even put him in the top 5 in the league.

Hasselbeck never won a Super Bowl.
                              excuse me i meant to type johnson, and how does this confirm i am a bitter skins fan? my god i even praised eli for his play tonight stop acting like im coming at u cause ur a giants fan this thread are about the brady stereotypes too u know

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

dude, I really think you're the one taking it personal...

how can you say that Manning takes his team down the field in the final two minutes, 83 yards and throws the game winning touchdown...and he doesn't win the game for the Giants? Yes, the Defense played huge last night but they also let NE score to go up 14-10 with two minutes to play...that's huge because no one thought Eli Manning could engineer a game winning drive in the Superbowl...Eli Manning was the first overall pick in 2004 for a reason, he's got the skills to be an elite qb...read my other post in this thread a few posts up to see why I think this could be the launching pad of Eli Manning's career...you are basically trying to justify why the Patriots lost and you are not acknowledging the great play of Manning in the final two minutes...grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information