No announcement yet.

2008/2009 Season Predictions.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not just rename the thread: "Packers Fans vs. BF51"?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
    On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
    Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
      Why not just rename the thread: "Packers Fans vs. BF51"?
      Nawh, I've said about all I can say. I said from the beginning that it would be a pointless argument.

Anyway, he's my super early prediction:

Vikings 11-5
      Packers 10-6
      Bears 7-9
      Lions 6-10

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Nawh, I've said about all I can say. I said from the beginning that it would be a pointless argument.

Anyway, he's my super early prediction:

Vikings 11-5
        Packers 10-6
        Bears 7-9
        Lions 6-10
        You mean answered what you felt you could successfully argue about and dodged around the rest?
        Anyways, yeah it is weak to turn this into a Bear/Packer thread.

A team with no Pass rush, that passing game, and Tjack as their QB go 11-5? They better have a huge off season for that to happen.

Either way, if your prediction, or somthing close to it happened,the Norris will be likely one of the best divisions (if not the best) in football. Something I have been saying for a couple seasons is going to more than likely happen next year.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

bf51's 10-6 prediction for the Packers isn't outrageous in the least, they could have very easily been 10-6 this year. They were rather fortunate in their wins against the Eagles, the Redskins, and the Broncos. Let's be honest here.
          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
            I have a strong feeling the first Sunday Night Football game of the year will be Colts @ Packers.
            I hope so. The earlier that game is out of the way, the better.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
            <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Brian Westbrook for MVP!

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                I break Mike Vick out of prison and he leads us to a Superbowl victory.
                Hmm. Interesting. I see a TV series out of this.

Prison Break: The Michael Vick Chronicles anyone?

Yes, I think so.

Far too early to tell, but it should be interested to see what happens with that Thursday night games, if we made an agreement with the NFL not to play any until the new stadium comes up.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                  bf51's 10-6 prediction for the Packers isn't outrageous in the least, they could have very easily been 10-6 this year. They fluked wins against the Eagles and the Redskins at home, and Denver should have beat them in regulation on Monday night. Let's be honest here.
                  Who the hell said that 10-6 is "outrageous"?

The Redskins was not a fluke by the way. In fact it should have been a 10 point victory as the league admitted that the refs got the call wrong for not calling the force out on Franks' TD. What basis are you going off of when you say that Denver should have won in regulation? It took Denver a last second FG to even get it to overtime. The Eagles I'll give you. We shouldn't have won that game and wouldn't have had the Eagles had a half decent punt returner.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                    You mean answered what you felt you could successfully argue about and dodged around the rest?
                    Anyways, yeah it is weak to turn this into a Bear/Packer thread.
                    I answered every "point" you made. The last paragraph I cut out because it was anecdotal dribble.

You cut out and parsed my words (like the part where I even said 2 out of 3 isn't bad, and better than any Packers fan that has been here that long). I adressed every point you raised. And like I said, I think last year was an aberration. I think Favre is much closer to the QB we saw in '05 and '06 (and is what, 39 now?). I think a lot of players played over their heads. The Packers avoided injuries in a way that I doubt they will be able to replicate. They caught a lot of breaks at key moments in games. And they hit momentum early and never looked back. That's to their credit. Great season. I really doubt they'll be able to do it again. I think 10 wins is reasonable. I think 9 is more realistic than 11. Those are my opinions/arguments. I avoided nothing that you said.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Super Bowl Prediction? Jacksonville vs Dallas
                      MVP Prediction? If the pats keep Moss, then Brady if not Adrian Peterson
                      #1 Pick in 2009 NFL Draft? Dunno about this one, I'll pray its atlanta though
                      Disappointments/Surprises? Disappointment: Patrick Kerney, Surprise: Jake Delhomme
                      Things you are looking forward too? Peppers pulling his finger out and the Panthers making the playoffs again
                      Players to Retire? Brett Favre after next season

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                        Who the hell said that 10-6 is "outrageous"?

The Redskins was not a fluke by the way. In fact it should have been a 10 point victory as the league admitted that the refs got the call wrong for not calling the force out on Franks' TD. What basis are you going off of when you say that Denver should have won in regulation? It took Denver a last second FG to even get it to overtime. The Eagles I'll give you. We shouldn't have won that game and wouldn't have had the Eagles had a half decent punt returner.
                        I actually edited my post right after, to word it better (than fluking wins).

As for the Denver game: the Broncos should have gone for the win, right there near the goal, instead of tying it up imo.

Comment

Also, I probably jumped the gun on thinking Colts @ Packers for the first SNF.

Fox will likely do everything in its power to keep that game for itself (in November), when the league arranges the schedule for the season with the networks.

But I think you can all but book November 3rd of Week 9 for Patriots @ Colts on Monday Night Football.
                          Last edited by Geo; 02-05-2008, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I guarantee the Rams will have no more than 3 wins next year.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                              I guarantee the Rams will have no more than 3 wins next year.
                              I guarantee they will have at least 6 wins!

Comment

My NFC West Standings for next season:

Seattle 8-8
                                Arizona 8-8
                                San Francisco 6-10
                                St. Louis 0-16

IT IS HAPPENING!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information